Kindle

Why do i need an account to use it? why is the device that i paid 300 usd for full of ads? why is it stealing my data? why am i not even allowed to change the fucking screensaver? did i get memed on?

Attached: kindle.jpg (1000x1000, 148K)

Welcome to the botnet

turn on airplane mode
delete the ads cache
pirate book(s)
improve your life

Or just buy a kobo instead

you can jailbreak it, Jamal.

>Why do i need an account to use it? why is the device that i paid 300 usd for full of ads?
because you didnt pay for the no-ad version
>why is it stealing my data?
because you agreed to this in the TOS
>why am i not even allowed to change the fucking screensaver?
is that listed as a feature? are you going to ask why it doesnt make coffee and suck your dick too?
>did i get memed on?
no, you're just retarded

You paid 300 usd for a kindle? You got ripped off, son.

Attached: lKYF53t.jpg (638x825, 353K)

Just pirate books and read them on calibre. Or Moon+ Reader on your phone, or read physical paper books, or switch back and forth between ebooks AND print books, like me.

>kindle
Should have bought a Kobo faggot

>Look at me I connect all my devices to the internet and pay for books like a retard
lmao

Attached: 1543853154884.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Do you recommend any specific model?
I was thinking of buying an eReader. I'd prefer one I could install custom firmware on it so it doesn't connect to the botnet. Never had either a kobo or a kindle.

You can jailbreak the kindle or buy one of those chinky ones with android and try to install a custom rom

>t doesn't connect to the botnet

Just don't connect to the internet you dumb fuck

>Just don't connect to the internet you dumb fuck
What if it tries to connect to open WiFi signals by its own? I can't secure my neighboor's Internet.

buying electronics from amazon brand you asked for this

Libgen + ipad masterrace

because America fucks you, that's why

>not creating a Faraday cage around your house
fucking retard neck yourself

The anti-Kindle shill has returned.

Just put in in airplane mode and load books with Calibre like everyone does you asswipe.

>amazon crap

stay away from the kindle and fire tv
both shit products full of spyware

sorry but you wasted your money

Wait Kindle's have ads? I got a paperwhite for Christmas and love it.

Attached: HMM HMM HMM.png (1000x1000, 66K)

Yes, you buy the ad-supported version for less and root the motherfucker, then install a proper rom on it. Also, the e-ink kindles are absolutely perfect purpose-built devices. My first-gen fire is still useful for ebooks, email, and lighter apps.

Yeah. You can buy a device that is cheaper, but runs ads. If said device can be rooted it can use a custom rom which subsequently obliterates any hold amazon had on the device. But most people don't bother or like a gimped device with a shitty UI, so.

Attached: kitkat4.4.4_CM.png (600x1024, 508K)

I've been using Calibre to add books and never interacted with any of the Amazon stuff. Being able to email the books straight to the device is great and I like the wiki and dictionary so I keep it online.

Attached: Feels boo.jpg (500x500, 36K)

So Jeff knows the best anime to read from analytics.

Best way to use it is to find a book with your phone and send it to the amazon email. Then turn on airplane to save battery.

I've only had kobos, because fuck amazon's convoluted transfer system (which admittedly isn't as much of a problem nowadays). I have a massive stash of ebooks; I've never had the inclination to buy any of amazon's drm bullshit. And fuck their "we own all the ebooks you buy and can delete them at at will" bulkshit they had going on in the past. I'd have bought that old iriver reader if I could've gotten my hands on it.
Have kobo, never turn on wifi. Have an account start it up, never use any of the services.
Calibre for management and transfer.
Alternate roms available.

Budget kobo: Clara, I think it's called.
Current model I have, which I suppose is the middle of the line: H2O mk2
Bought the aura one for a relative; it's larger, has a capacitive touch screen instead of the ereader standard.

Nowadays, for me, it comes down to the fact that kobo has the light temperature feature (comfort light); this alone would make me choose one of these devices over some amazon crap, that and the fact that if I do buy ebooks for it (done it once only) I actually own the book unlike with the amazon T&C stating that I don't and they retain rights or some shit. There's other ebook vendors besides amazon. For all else there's private trackers and good old irc.

Amazon basically gives their shit away though, so if you're on a budget and can tolerate some of the discomforts then any kindle will do if you just want to read.
Thank fuck for the candle light setting in kobo though,good god.