Android without Google

I want to run Android on a S7 without any bullshit from Google, so how I should go about doing this Jow Forums? Will LineageOS and F-droid all I need? Or do I need microG?

Attached: lineageos.jpg (830x460, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3899831
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Android
You mean Linux. It.s just Linux. Linux can function without any Google shit.

Lineage and F-Droid are what you're going to have to make do with if you want to truly de-Google. But really if you're concerned about privacy you're going to need to accept that there are some things you won't be able to do on your phone, and some things that you're going to want to refrain from doing on a phone even though you're still able to.

Nah I'm just doin' it on my old phone anyway, and it's just for music and fucking-around. I just wanna see if there's an inprovement on battery life without Google's shit.

Attached: 20190403_120934.jpg (2831x2831, 3.47M)

Custom roms suck ass, no, seriously, your best bet is just to root stock rom, uninstall bloat and shitware and be done with it.

Yeah, but the maintainer on the unofficial LineageOS is actually a fucking maintainer who maintains. It's almost free (never encountered one) from any bugs.

microg is only for push notifications and apps that can't run without google play store. If you don't need any of these than yeah, lineage + fdroid do the job

>what is root + Adaway + AFWall+
no need to get rid of the playstore

nigga, i can't root the phone i need my bank app

'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

based moron

Magisk

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Fdroid & Yalp Store.

>android without google
>lineage
lurk moar fag

Attached: 1525098643402.jpg (400x400, 20K)

If android is linux when why can't I run openoffice and gimp and shit? Subpar mobile ports don't count.

Can lineage breathe new life to old phones?
Or the hardware is too old?
I'm talking about Samsung galaxy S2.

Attached: 1553887610227.gif (540x304, 1.64M)

I actually have Cyanogen Mod Lollipop and I can say for a thing that it works surprisingly good, given it doesn't use any Gapps nor MicroG since it has some shitty block against it. Give it a chance, user.

Well, I've got several old phones for free, the batteries isn't bad.
But all of the phones are very slow, I'm talking 10-15 seconds delay here.
Will it solve this issue?

You can probably open both on android. You just need to download GNU over Termux.

Sell it and buy an S5 or S6.

this

What do you do if, your phone no longer has official builds? How do I make an unofficial spoofing.

I recently degoogled my OnePlus One with LineageOS + F-droid, works like a charm. I use it to read manga/books and browse via IceCat and Clover. +fucking around with thermux. You can instal Yalp Store to download some APKs directly from Google Play store without any kind of google account.

i know linux battery life on laptops sucks dick
does it also suck on phones
be honest

Resurrection remix is by far the best rom with official s7 support. It's my daily driver for 3 months now. Microg is not needed

MicroG is a must of pretty much any application that uses the shit also known as GCM. It's handy to avoid troubleshooting why the application you need to run on the fly won't fucking work because it has some shit dependencies with google rubbish. F-Droid is nice but Aurora/Yalp are a godsend too. It's certainly easier than it was 3-4 years ago to have good reliability.

>MicroG is a must of pretty much any application that uses the shit also known as GCM
Pretty much, but MicroG is a great project and application, give it the support it needs. I love the ability to chose your location backend too.

unfortunately that means relying on pajeets in most cases

Just flash LineageOS and their root solution. You can turn the superuser on and off, your bank app won't detect it when you can't really use it. Try to use only open-source (mostly github)/F-Droid apps, but that's not always possible, so use Yalp Store or Apkmirror too to download anything else.

At least for me, Magisk or Busybox kind of messed with my rom, so I try to not use them.

Pull the latest LineageOS sources for your device and latest ones in general. Then just apply all the incoming patches and compile the ROM yourself.

>MicroG is a great project and application
It is. The baked LineageOS roms with it setup already are a nice addition too.

Also try yalp store app, if you ever need an app from the google play store.

I have a Note 8, is this congo nigger's unofficial build my only hope for LineageOS? He doesn't even own the goddamn phone.
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3899831

I hate having to trust unofficial shit like this, and apparently the camera is still garbage.

>Use Google's OS.
>Connect it to the Internet.
>"I deleted some stuff guys, they can't spy on me now right?"

The only way to do anything without Google's servers knowing is not connecting to the Internet.

*S7

My phone (Moto G 2015) has a official Lineage 14.1 build and is developed by a pajeet who doesn't even have this phone anymore, but the build is great. There's no easy way, you need to test and see how's the performance.

I have used Lineage OS on phones and tablets. Then used Replicant OS, but personally prefer to just have a dumbphone these days.
I never used microG because I try to avoid as much Google shit as possible.
F-Droid is great. Yalp (download APKs from play store without account), AntennaPod, Vinyl, K9Mail,... lots of great stuff on there.

I see. Maybe I'll just wait a little longer, if it makes it past the alpha state. No fingerprint scanner but that's kind of a good thing to me.

Android completely without google means that you only have a non smart phone with a touch screen.
Too many apps are tied to google services.
Most android roms including lineageOS are not completely googleless.

an actual helpful thread on Jow Forums? it can't be!

>"helpful"
fucking shit it's always the same. people who love to buy new phones every year, but for some reason trust Fucking Pajeets who don't publish any of their fucking source codes. there are no android devs on Jow Forums, just larpers.
fuck, I want google to fucking die, their documentation SUCKS, zero introductions on how porting devices works.

Attached: 60609806_p0.jpg (912x699, 886K)

Lineage and F-Droid will help. I assume a S7 didn't yet add the Samsung KNOX bootloader that is unlockable on Qualcomm hardware that would come on S8 and later models?

LineageOS and F-Droid are good. You can of course use any AOSP and/or LineageOS based ROM, but be sure to look out for those who have limited feature support. In general you want those based on the most recent version of Android your device supports without having to lose features like VoLTE/VoWiFi etc.

Note that if you want to still use anyhting that has Google stuff but without being tracked/using Google core stuff there's a way to do it - MicroG. Make sure you get a LinageOS w/MicroG (this is usually separate) image for your device, as it will give all the Google libraries and features but in a totally open source way. This, mixed with stuff like YalpStore (which you can get from F-Droid) means you have a wider group of apps and features open while still offering better privacy.