Is there absolutely anything that I can do with this computer my mom had sitting on a closer?

Is there absolutely anything that I can do with this computer my mom had sitting on a closer?

> Celeron 4 2.66GHz
> 1 GB of ram
> 30 Gb HDD

Was thinking of using the case for a sleeper build, I know it's missing one fan btw.

Attached: DSC_0037.jpg (3920x2940, 1.33M)

Nothing interesting inside aside from floppy reader

Attached: DSC_0040.jpg (4128x3096, 3.18M)

Size and power consumption will be too inconvenient to bother using it for anything

its crazy how tech that was revolutionary and useful 20 years ago is now absolutely useless and incompatible with modern environment...

Except for Amiga

The case might still be useful, you could stick your current guts in it next time you upgrade if you'd like to have a backup system. Otherwise it's rather pointless.

This basically.

What the fuck is a "Celeron 4"? Are you talking about i5 4 core? Pentium 4?

Offline XP/98SE build for old shit and nostalgia. Or throw out the old parts and put new stuff in there for home server.

How about install linux and try ro figure that out?

the only thing that comes up on the device manager id is "genuine intel x86 family 15 model 4".

windows 2000 machine seems perfect for that.
50GB HDD is very big for windows 200 alone

if you could half the ram you could use windows 98se as well

think is you will have to get ether a 128MB or 256MB video card and those are rare

Macs are absolutely useless and incompatible, even the current ones.

*30GB HDD

and the video card you are locking for is
1.5volt AGP video card. of ether 128MB or 256MB versions
I doubt a celeron could power a 512MB video card of any spec let alone the 256MB version lol

btw if it supports it try to have at least a pentuim 4 in there if it supports it
but some thing low power like the 1.7Ghz version

At least it's not a fucking BTX machine.
Sleeper build or sticking some low grade guts and reselling are still your best choices, a P4 era Celeron isn't really that useful and that mobo can probably only do 2GB of RAM or so.

You have a 20 year old Pentium 4. Learn to use google.

Sell the piece of shit by parts. $10 case. $5 PSU. $5 ram. $5 30 Gb HDD $3 CPU cooler, and so on.

If you get more than $20, that's more than enough to buy a cheap core2duo machine from craigslist/local auction/school. That would be a huge upgrade over your machine.

If you live with your parents or somewhere where you don't pay an electric bill, you could use it as a tiny server

Truth

I would definitely use the case. Maybe the hang on to the processor too. Everything else I would get rid of.

>Netburst Celeron
Well you can probably "upgrade" it to a Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, though in 2019 it'll just give you Extreme Heat. Better to sell it for parts as others have suggested. Don't forget to backup then securely wipe the drive before you get rid of it.

use it to browse Jow Forums.

shitposting machine

Arcade machine:

win 2000, fb alpha, mame, console and pinball emulator via MALA FE

damn
are you from israel

Replace HDD, clean it out, install linux