What spells would a hacker use?

I am looking at running a hacker themed RPG.

I went to fa/tg/uys and asked them, but the answers I got were vague at best and not technical enough.

I am looking at a campaign where hacking is magic. Since in a way it kinda is.

I need help putting it together. I am too autistic to be creative enough to think how this could run.

Attached: 3A0FDBA4-CDB3-4B30-B870-4FDDCE45FB2B.jpg (670x670, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHk42kDwesM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At this point why not just play Cyberpunk 2020? It has a fully-fledged RPG system subsystem devoted solely to hacking, systems, intrusion and utility in meatspace. Spell (program) list incoming.

Attached: cyber 0.png (961x1309, 444K)

Attached: cyber 1.png (975x1307, 801K)

Attached: cyber 2.png (973x1303, 705K)

Source Mage GNU/Linux exists.

Virginity force field

Attached: cyber 3.png (980x607, 132K)

definitely needs ta thinkpad, with gentoo of course

>At this point why not just play Cyberpunk 2020?
I want it to be a little more realistic. I don’t know why, but I can’t get behind cyberpunk or shadowrun because it feels like people who don’t know about sec/hackerman stuff put it together

Fast inverse square root

This, cyberpunk is becoming increasingly more mainstream and with that comes alot of simplification.

Don't really play RPG's but here's some ideas.

Install Gentoo
Provides a moderate defence buff to a party member for three turns, after which Gentoo crashes from attempting to update.

Server Heap
Throw a Rack Server at an enemy dealing a small amount of damage and enducing slowness for two turns

Vim
Freezes an enemy (in Vim) for a period of time.

Basement Bash
Throw yourself at the enemy dealing some moderate damage and enducing yourself slowness for a turn.

Buffer Overflow
Causes confusion for the target.

PATCH
Heals a party member.

You mean like hacking (bending) the reality? Some RPGs (paper and computer) do that, the most well known one being The Elder Scrolls.

I like these. Good ideas user

>after which Gentoo crashes from attempting to update.
nigger it's gentoo not arch

Lostum Virginium !
But it Failed !

If anything Gentoo should be a temporary boost in agility not defence.

>Summon GF
>This skill requires a minimum of 1 point in charisma

"blame the user"

Attached: lennartpoettering.jpg (770x510, 44K)

Hacking themed spells to battle your opponents or spells that will actually hack a PC?

Don't forget to add useless character skills such as: "Is proficient in HolyC, allowing you to cast 'Gods Song' and forcing CIA Niggers to glow"

Attached: Salt circle.jpg (538x509, 79K)

Omfg.
Demons were poorly programmed robots. That is why they could not leave circles of protection and such.

>The Third Temple
Upon use the user receives a blessing from god(+1 in any rolls against CIA n.)

Curse of Arch - crowd control spell that combines blind, slow, randomly swaps enemy players buttons, has infinite duration, not affected by diminishing returns

Sin is "to error" actually so you're closer than you think..

>Branch Overprediction
The user briefly gains surface access to the target's mind and thoughts, then induces several potential situations in rapid succession while observing the target's plans and intentions for reacting to each. Gives knowledge of the target's intentions in the near future, as well as their disposition and capabilities in general.

why not both? hell give it offense as well

Eclipse Phase has a pretty decent hacking system

No that would be Kali.

Hey Guys I Installed Kali: large boost to offense against weak opponents, scales down with opponent strength and ineffective against powerful foes. Chance of inflicting a self-debuff consisting of confusion and temporarily lowered defense.

also include the drug snow crash

Does it support late hardware

waifu summon:
summons a waifu

friend summon:
summons a frined

invisibility:
hides you when the cops come for you

Attached: 1542305299169.jpg (710x473, 160K)

might need to add restriction that it only work with cognitive augmented cyborg but pretty solid

Firewall
Vicious Mockery
Magehand

Shouldn't the branch prediction one be something that would cause a target to react wrong? E.g.:
>choose and describe two actions during your turn. You perform the first one normally. The target instead believes that you performed the second one, and reacts accordingly.

REDDIT SPACING

exactly
gentoo should slow you down at the start and then give some agility

The Litanty of One Thousand Common Passwords

It references SPECTRE side channel info leak

These ones

Attached: shitpost prep.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

kys cretin

nigger

this interests me greatly

ability to hack time

Summon Neckbear

We conjure the spirits of the computer with our spells
youtube.com/watch?v=aHk42kDwesM

Attached: 1393087963461.jpg (400x468, 62K)

Pipes: Runs a magic spell and then sends it to another before actually using it. For example: You use the magic spell 'ls' to list your enemies and then use the pipe ( | ) grep (the spell to group certain terms): ls | goblins.

You can use pipes to reinforce your current spells and combine them to make stronger ones.

Seriously I recommended you check some Shell Bash books you can find some serious inspiration from them.

Attached: 70ba1a02720881bce0a9920b1688d7b959cada81.png (302x200, 10K)

this thred lame as fuck
why dont you learn to code install kali or something and do the real thing..
why pretending like a useless cunt?

Ok here's some actual serious suggestions.
Phishing: Maybe have it be a passive bonus that gives the hacker bonuses to persuasion. Or maybe have it be a spell that does it for a short duration.
Spoofing: Much like editing packets to make them look like they're coming from somewhere else, perhaps this could be implemented as allowing a player to attempt to impersonate someone.
Remote code execution: Simple. You can attempt to force an opponent to make an action. You can get as creative about this as you'd like.
Fuzzing: This in the real world, this is sending random shit across a system and seeing what happens. I imagine this could be like the D&D spell color spray, where there's a variety of different effects it could have.
Nmap: You can determine various statistics about someone or something, much like how you can determine the operating system and open ports with Nmap.

Just go look up a bunch of InfoSec common terminology and buzzwords, and write up rules for them. Maybe you could have different classes out of this, with certain hackers being more personality-based and persuasive, others being more technical and focused on code, others being reconnaissance/scanning based, etc.

>grep Area Pattern
Global Regular Expression Print,
This spell will filter away everything except the specified target.
>cat Target
display the contents of the target in question, basically it lists their buffs, debuffs, stats, backstory, and anything else that is a part of them (even things they don't know). Pretty hard to look for relevant info so its a good idea to combine it with grep via the all-mighty
>|
This pipes the output of commands to the input of the next commands. EX: cat Target | grep Pattern
>awk
format elements from an input stream (stdin)
>mv Location1 Location2
teleportation
>cp Target NameOfClone
cloning
>sudo rm -rf /
super powerful, will delete the entire universe
>sudo su
ascend to godhood
>halt
this will freeze time until Ctrl-C is called by the spellcaster.
>restart
this will make the universe restart in 30 seconds

I am genuinely happy with the responses this garnered. This thread has been very pleasant

>spells that will actually hack a PC?
This one please

>Just go look up a bunch of InfoSec common terminology and buzzwords, and write up rules for them.
Good idea. Thanks.

>Shell Bash books
This is a good idea too, thank you

I enjoyed that

buffer overflow for mind control

>What spells would a hacker use?
rm -rf --no-preserve-root /

Hue