Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: slightlysmugnekoboyuwu.jpg (480x654, 42K)

based shota poster

Apps for ereaders?

Anyone got any ideas about this question please? It affects my phone and tv and it's been pissing me off for a while. Think it's a relatively recent thing though.

Is it difficult to get an app to use other apps for information? I just had a great idea for an app, but one of the base features would rely on it being able to gather info from other apps I don't own.
I don't know the first thing about app development, but I'm just now starting to gather resources to learn.

If a motherboard has a PCIe slot torn off, but the pins within it are exposed now, is there any chance that that can kill the motherboard through some form of electric arc or something?
I have a motherboard here, but since I have no power supply I can't power up and test it.
It's from my cousin, and he didn't really tell me anything.

Is it ok to read books on the phone screen?
Cannot afford an ebook now, have Xiaomi A2 Lite - is it ok longterm for my eyes?

Already done, in a matter of fact before doing that it was better, now its basically a daily thing when before it was an once in a while thing.

Recently bought a second key switch tester (Original was a Cherry, new is a Kailh Box tester). They both have acrylic bases, but the Kailh base sounds so much less rattly?
My original thought was that it's just the differences, but the Cherry's sound so much better in the base that came with the Kailh.
They visually look the same, aside from the base of the Kailh-included one having rounded corners.
Is there some difference in how acrylic can chemically be formed that would cause this? Because that's about the only thing I could think of.
I've tried Cherry in cherry base, Cherry in kailh base, Kailh in cherry base, Kailh in kailh base, Cherry in kailh base with both the included Cherry caps & included Kailh caps, but it seems like it's primarily the acrylic base.
I'm not talking about the click bar/jacket differences, just the fact that the Cherry switches have a sort of tinny sound in the base it came with, but that sound is lessened in the base that came with the Kailh switches, and I have no clue why.

2070 or 1070Ti or 1080Ti?
They are both in the similar price range, but I can't find any of the latter two in stock anywhere. (ASUS STRIX)

That's a very subjective question and will mainly depend on what you plan on doing with your graphics card.

For a modern motherboard with Windows 10 is there any point in using MBR for my boot SSD? I assume GPT is better but with secure boot disabled since it can mess with some .dll files and drivers. And which oartition type is better for dual booting Windows and Linux on the same SSD?

what was the name of the linux desktop application that has youtube & spotify support ? i forgot the name of it there were multiple threads on it a while ago i forgot it was built from nodejs

My school gives free Windows 10 keys, problem is i have already a Windows 10 pirated install on my computer (cant remember if i hacked it with KMSpico or Hwis). Will the police make me their boxing bag if i change the pirated product key to the legit one from my school?(in Europe btw)

Attached: 364336.jpg (960x1280, 150K)

no
the only downside is that now you have windows 10

Whenever I switch to incognito and start typing an URL the browser automatically clears what I typed if I'm too fast and I have to wait a couple seconds before start typing. What could it be?

Business needs a new computer. It needs to run POS software and act as a server. Would any Dell business computer work? Just need a good enough CPU, right? Nothing too fancy?

Attached: 1528342261735.gif (500x333, 900K)

Why the fuck would you buy an asus strix? They're overpriced garbage. I'd buy a 2070 model that's closer to the msrp but still has a good cooler like the evga xc ultra gaming.

RAM sticks are working fine but why is my computer only using 7.95GB of 16GB?

One fucking fan in my case always spins slower than the others and lets out a weird noise when i boot up my pc, but after i restart it immediatly after i hear that noise it works fine, does that fan need to fucking warm up or some shit? Someone explain to me

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

My old GPU had fans that would make a fucking terrible crackling noise at medium rpm but low or high it would be fine. I always thought maybe the bearings were fucked but idk.

How can I sort files in a directory by their "serial number"? For example, if I have files file1, file11 and file2 if I do ls this is what I get
$ ls
file1
file11
file2

but I want
$ ls
file1
file2
file11

What file extension should i use for a plan text file containing a list of newline separated values?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (220x285, 16K)

.txt desu

Is it safe to have sata drives with power cables plugged but sata cables unplugged just sitting in my pc?

how many users

ls -v

Probably not, because they won't receive shutdown signals.

I have a supermicro motherboard with an interla USB port for booting. Is there anything stopping me from using a splitter to have a set of mirrored usb sticks to boot from? It should behave like a regular usb port right?

Why are the only DOCSIS 3.1 coax modems sold out of the US? (I'm in the UK)

Attached: hub30.png (472x164, 14K)

There isn't any real point to docsis 3.1 modem for now since I don't think there is any provider in the UK that gives those kinds of speeds that requires a 3.1 modem.
I know Ziggo (in the Netherlands) is going to start with 1 gbit speeds in 2020 or something.
Can't you just wait till your provider gives you a new compatible modem for your internet speeds ?

Both of my 3TB external drives have been damaged by power outages a few months ago. Just now I tried to access some files and an error pops up (rudimentary something). I thought it was a good idea to check for errors with windows on one of the drives. It "repaired" it and then it became inaccessible. What's worse, the damn drive was crashing the entire fucking explorer if you tried to open it. Somehow I managed to format it and it seems to work.

My question. Are the problems fixed now or could there be permanent damage? How do I check?

Attached: spurdostop.png (759x551, 7K)

Do a long SMART test and check the SMART data.

>Is it difficult to get an app to use other apps for information?
it depends on the apps, but probably yes.

if you have to hold your ohone closer than 30cm from your face, or if reading on it strains your eyes in any way, then it is bad for you

>What could it be?
poorly coded browser

>why is my computer only using 7.95GB of 16GB?
you have more ram than you actually need

if you want to mirror your drives, you will need more than just a usb hub. And no you can't "just split" a usb port, unless it's just for charging

Hello,
Do I need to change my graphics card ? I changed it 2 years ago because of the same problem : I get crashes randomly and not everyday when I play video games or watch youtube videos in full screen but these crash tend to become more and more common
When the crash occurs, the screen goes black, and sometimes avec some very light glitch appearing like 2 thin red bars or things like that.
I don't know if it's a sign of a dying graphics card or can I solve this

if you get the same issue with two different graphics cards, chances are the problem is coming from somewhere else

>if you want to mirror your drives, you will need more than just a usb hub
Installing freenas onto 2x USB sticks is literally childs play.
>And no you can't "just split" a usb port, unless it's just for charging
Don't usb hubs essentially split from one USB to several USB ports?

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this setup? Some kind of RAID over usb flash drives?

If I sort youtube search results by upload date, it doesn't take long before results from years ago pop up. If I scroll through search results, at some point results just end. The same happens on google. What gives? Are these just scam sites that only show 0.0000000000000X% of the actual results?

Pls

something's going terribly wrong with my laptop after I dropped it
is this a hard drive or a memory problem? I already tried reconnecting the HDD's cables but the problem persists

Attached: Untitled.png (711x750, 20K)

this is what it looks like in speccy now

Attached: Untitled.png (762x515, 21K)

I wish I knew myself. I would like to say that MBR is not useful anymore, but knowing how terrible Microsoft is at supporting "new things", I wouldn't bet my left nut that this will never cause any trouble.

WTF
try checking HDD health status, and then sfc /scannow

I've got a 2 bay NAS from my work, so I'm doing a factory reset now. What should I install or setup for the purpose of streaming to any device in my house?

plex if possible

Mirror boot drives for freenas.

That still doesn't explain anything to me. Is this a freenas feature?

if all you need is two usb drives to be plugged in, then yes you can plug a hub in your internal usb port and put two drives in it

My phone supports x265 (snapdragon 821),but i cant find an app that records x265 for screen recorder.
Is there such a recorder support?
Preferably with libopus support too

Mirroring drives is by no means a freenas only feature.
Thank you thats all I needed to know. I was just curious if these internal USB ports would be any different to 'regular' ones that's all.

Any VBA gourou around ?

In some VBA script I want to do something like

sheet.Cells(i, 1) = sheet.Cells(i, 2) - sheet.Cells(i,3)

but the sheet.Celles(i,2) don't show up any value when I use the debug mode. Yet when looking at the sheet, it is not empty. Any idea ?

I'm a syrian and thinking of fleeing to the US.
What do I need to get a job in IT?

Attached: 1553615417804.jpg (1280x1397, 219K)

hard to tell without more info. Can you post the code?

It's more or less just going to be a cash register, so it doesn't need multiple accounts to keep up with. It just needs to be able to run said software and act as a server for another computer to also use said software.

How do I make Windows 10 control panel and start menu just like Windows 7?

Not be from a terrorist country

Oh well, I find out the problem. For some obscure reason, it have inserted 40k rows on the sheet so obviously he wasn't reading anything.
VBA and Excel behaviours are weird

install mint

I didn't ask to be born in one.
Here I'm a pharmacist, but I doubt I'd be getting a job in pharmacy with my degree.
So IT would be best next thing.

You will never get anywhere in IT because you are from a terrorist country and wont ever get any sort of security clearance.

Why does more storage cost more, aside from companies jewing you? What actually changes inside? Cause HDDs, SSDs, SD cards etc whatever all look the exact same no matter the capacity.

Attached: 1554049564237.png (421x421, 281K)

use classic shell

I need to host a rss script and parse the script every 10 minutes.
Is there a "free" host with like 10mb of storage?

To them we are the terrorists.

More platters.

I've just discovered i can download movies from netflix. on mobile it saves files in .nfv, is it possible to convert these files in mp4/mkv ?
>inb4 use torrents
i know but i just want to know how to play those files with vlc

They have more working stuff inside.
HDDs will contain more platters.
For flash memory (SD cards and SSDs) the flash memory will have fewer defects and therefore more storage. Because of the size and scale of modern semiconductor processes, errors will be introduced in the manufacture of chips inevitably. A few stray atoms is all it takes to damage a transistor for example. If any flash memory block in a chip is broken they simply disable it and you get less total storage in that chip. So from a single design you get different tiers of memory based on how many errors the fabrication randomly introduced. The same is true of most electronics such as CPUs.

Please name any state funded terrorist dictatorship regime that happened on American soil by American citizens killing American citizens.

i had no problems at all on my tp with archlinux. couple days ago it ran out of battery and as im booting it up now this shows up. if i press a key it brings me to grub, when i select linux this comes again.

Attached: IMG_20190403_164912.jpg (3120x4160, 1.69M)

KKK

you need to install Gentoo

Fair enough.

KKK is not a state funded terrorist regime.
But to educate you
The KKK has killed approximately 4,000 blacks in the 86+ years its been a group.

Black on black murder rates surpass that amount every 6 months. So blacks are a terrorist group

Kill yourself pedo faggot

I need iOS replacements for YouTube and google translate

Plz help

it seems its because my battery ran out while updating. what am i supposed to do?

I converted some files from FLAC to Opus, and whenever I try to delete them Windows either
a) doesn't progress from "Preparing to recycle"
b) does nothing for a few minutes, then see (a)

If I try to move or rename them, Explorer freezes for a few minutes, then restarts
tasukete kudasai, Jow Forums

bad sector on your hard drive, backup your data

Can mpv set default resolution on youtube-dl?

I only pay attention to these threads because of the OP pictures

kys

reinstall, and keep your laptop plugged in for the next update

CrystalDiskInfo showing 0 pending/reallocated sectors....

Could Win10 drivers work on Win7?
Failing that, what's the tl;dr on making 10 not spyware and less shit?

always did fresh install when distrohopping but this time i want to keep everything like configs and stuff. is tjere an easy way to keep that

unironically this

how the fuck do I get a job
I graduated with honors from a high but not top american university but everywhere I submit a resume I get no reply whatsoever
I wrote a thesis and have cool github projects and am very confident in my interviewing/whiteboarding but how the fuck do I get that far?

SSD wasn't showing changes but was actually doing them. For example, move a file, nothing seems to happen but it's actually in the destination folder if you refresh.

A restart fixed it but... Should I be worried? For fucks sake have mercy, it's brand new.

Try 000webhost. It has bandwidth limits, but if you're the only user maybe it's enough for you.

what extensions do I need for pale moon?

What MTU size should I set on my router?
It’s connected via PPPoE over Ethernet and had its default MTU at 1480. Everywhere I googled says 1492 because PPPoE adds an 8 byte header.
Has it’s own public IP so I’m assuming there’s no CGNAT going on either.

What happens when your Windows 10 expires?
I have used all the resets and now I am pondering what happens if I just leave it expired.
Also is there a difference between expiration of LTSB or Regular Win10? I use LTSB by the way.

I just tried them but my script didnt work even giving it absolute paths in the config.It couldnt find the required files for some reason
Ive run the script locally with nginx without modifying it, its using relative paths and just works
>bandwith limits
I would only be loading a 2-5kb rss feed every 10 minutes. Shouldnt need much

What's a lightweight and free checksum program for windows?

Windows 10 Home or Pro?

install gentoo