youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value. May have to lower settings in some cases.
>590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; better choice if you want the included games
>1660 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; much more power efficient
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>590 - lower, console-equivalent settings
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: Novidia compression artifacts.png (1823x1023, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119233
pcpartpicker.com/list/qrZYjy
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABFS4D86982
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
pcpartpicker.com/list/Br2yCb
youtube.com/watch?v=R1IGWsllYEo
pcpartpicker.com/list/BM2Yjy
youtu.be/R1IGWsllYEo?t=374
youtu.be/3rOVfeujof4
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15955611
youtu.be/3rOVfeujof4?t=361
pcpartpicker.com/list/8rvMkd
pcpartpicker.com/list/qR47LJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/NqbJr6
pcpartpicker.com/list/bkwBV6
pcpartpicker.com/list/tp3x3b
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post your benchmarks to prove you're not a LARPER

Any downsides to buying a used GPU? Thinking about getting a used 580.

How much does cost the cheapest mobo that can oc ryzen 5 1600 to it is limit?
Idk if I should get an x58 mobo(about 130?) with an x5675/w3680 but that would eb able to OC the fuck out of th cpu.

depends on whom used it and in what conditions it was"running". by minners? they can be shitty guess you can try and take a bullet, if it was used by some1 to play games it should still have life left in it

What's the context behind that image you posted?

which m.2 drive should I get if I care about durability first?

Attached: wd black m2 drive.jpg (1600x1200, 98K)

>300TBW
definitely not that

>glass
trash desu. filtered for no window and only have this to show for it
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119233

second. i'm buying a craislist gpu

pcpartpicker.com/list/qrZYjy
need help with deciding case, cooler and ram. i don't care about noise. switched gigabyte z370 d3 mobo to biostar z370 gt6 because it has better vcc phases or something

Attached: 1550625158324.jpg (1300x768, 196K)

Is the fractal define r6 or meshify a good all-rounder case?
I've heard some people say I should get a full size but I don't think it can comfortably fit on my desk and I assume I shouldn't be putting a case on carpet.

How can I watercool a Mac Pro 2006?

Anything B350

even the cheapest 50$ mobo?

me
$40 newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABFS4D86982
vs
$45 newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

what's more future proof. The 8700k or 9700k ? 6core+HT 8physycal core with no HT

Is neither an option?

me
got the rosewill case with included fans
updated:
pcpartpicker.com/list/Br2yCb
HT+moarcores is overrated

>what's more future proof.
currently, if you want futureproof, you get an 8C/16T chip, so neither of the i7s.
Grab either a Ryzen 7 of take your wallet to rape counseling for a 9900k

>oh look AMD shill op
>and shill image to boot.

>see your image
>oh cool lets check the source as well
>turns out amd looks worse in some games, and it really depends on what game you are looking at
pfff, typical.

Link to source video, for those that don't want to get shilled youtube.com/watch?v=R1IGWsllYEo

Attached: muh better image quality on AMD, right.jpg (3764x1656, 595K)

What's my best bet for a 1tb SSD?

>2700x

cringe, I'd like my games to keep over 60fps in our current year 2019

WD Blue
Crucial MX500
Samsung 860 Evo

Even Intel has trouble with it in modern games. It's not a problem with AMD. It's a problem with game developers getting lazy and not properly optimizing for PC.

I just did in the previous thread Best to get one still under warranty, but few have transferable warranty.

My $45 b350m pro4 can OC my 1600X to its limit fine. Though I'm using a downdraft cooler.
Because a Ryzen 6 core taps out at like ~130W peak before it hits a voltage barrier with overclocking, even a basic 4 phase or 3*2 phase can run that fine.
I'd recommend more of a VRM for an 8 core, as those can go over 150W if you really try to push the voltage and it's going through 33% more cores, but yeah. Ryzen simply won't pull 250W like Intel CPUs. SenseMI stops you.

AMD is sharper there, though. The Nvidia one is blurry as fuck.
I'd say it's a wash. AMD has some compression artifacts on that one, but detail is far better.
Nvidia image quality tends to be blurrier and/or have more compression artifacts than AMD.
youtube.com/watch?v=R1IGWsllYEo
Pretty easy to figure given how Nvidia themselves tout their image compression and how it speeds things up... and it's not lossless.

True. All they care about is hitting 30 (and sometimes not even that) or 60 on console, outside of competitive multiplayer FPS and netcafe games.

SU800 if you want cheap.
MX500 or 860 Evo if you want fast.
SU900, WD Blue, Team Lite 3D, Siliconpower S55, and Mushkin Source are also fine options and sometimes are on sale for cheap. They land in between the SU800 and MX500/860.

Thanks, was looking at the evo so will go for that.

here, i gotta go fast so the evo it is. Its mainly for game storage so will SATA vs M.2 matter too much?

pcpartpicker.com/list/BM2Yjy is the psu strong enough or i need more power?

>AMD is sharper there, though.
Ah I see, when AMD has pixelation and compression artifacts its BASED BASED BASED and redpilled
When nvidia has compression artifacts and pixelation then it's CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE and cringe pilled.
Got it.

Attached: no bias at all from resident amd shill.jpg (3828x1872, 762K)

looks fine to me

lol you jpeged the AMD one more yourself. It doesn't look like that in the actual video.
And the Nvidia one is blurry AND has artifacts. The AMD one is sharp.

You're also ignoring the fact that in that particular game, Dota 2, AMD's image quality looks flawless. Whereas in the one where AMD isn't as great and has those compression artifacts, Nvidia on the other hand is blurry.
So in one game AMD is flawless, and Nvidia is awful. In another, both are mediocre. AMD still wins and the shill rages.

yeah ok no point upgrading now since i'm planning to buy late/summer early autumn

>so will SATA vs M.2 matter too much?
no, it won't matter. m.a is just a form factor. The 860 Evo m.2 is still a sata SSD, it justuses an m.2 slot. The 970 Evo is an NVMe drive and THAT is much faster but it also wouldn't be very noticeable, performance-wise vs the sata 860. NVMe drives are best when used as a scratch disk for video editing.

>lol you jpeged the AMD one more yourself. It doesn't look like that in the actual video.
TALK ABOUT DAMAGE CONTROL SHILLING
DID YOU FORGET EVERYBODY HAS ACCESS TO THE SOURCE VID?!
HERE
youtu.be/R1IGWsllYEo?t=374
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DAMAGE CONTROL NOW?!

amd shills exposed

Attached: good shit.jpg (252x252, 18K)

Why are all Z470 mobos so fucking ugly? ASRock's are the only ones that don't disgust me and even they are riddled with gamer design.

lmao that "pixelation" on the AMD one is a shadow.
It's faded on the Nvidia one but the same thing.

>Why are all Z470 mobos so fucking ugly?
To appeal to Intel buyers.

>lol you jpeged the AMD one more yourself. It doesn't look like that in the actual video.
BTFO
now
>lmao that "pixelation" on the AMD one is a shadow.
I see shills are very desperate today

samefag

There is no Z470 tho?

Meant X470, this fucking cold is fucking with my brain. Got a paid sick leave though, and I can shitpost from the comfort of my own house at 1PM, so there are upsides.

Based but yeah, AMD boards in general are ugly. X570 should change that though because they get all major things now.

>tfw go to local pc store to buy 2700x
>ask him to recommend me a motherboard
>sells me a intel board for some reason

?

Attached: what.jpg (651x396, 60K)

Nice inspect element phaggot

used 6 months old i7 6700 (non k) for 150€
y/n

Yeah, there is many methods to fake that image. But a better question is why would it be a "samefag"?
I mean you might as well call yourself the samefag at this point.

Attached: hwat.png (634x156, 11K)

samsung pro

How did you do this?

another fucking thread devolving into flamewars. classic Jow Forums...

this should be included in OP and every nigger banned for posting anything else

youtu.be/3rOVfeujof4

Let's compare UBM scores instead?
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15955611

>comparing user benchmarks where hardware setups vary wildly
yeah, completely scientific

petition to have passmark and userbenchmark niggers permab&

>those stutters on the 2700x
>even 7700k does better
youtu.be/3rOVfeujof4?t=361
LAMO

{TL NOTE} my scores are terrible

just got a 2600x, should I send it back and wait for the 3000 series? I still need a CPU so I'm gonna get the cheapest one (1200?)

im on a 2500k of course my score is terrible

not really any point in sending it back and getting another if you need it and already have it. just sit back and wait for benchmarks to come out for zen2 and see if it's worth upgrading or not

That texture compression is due to driver optimisation and is present on AMD as well. The option to turn that off was available on older drivers like a decade ago but not anymore.

>not really any point in sending it back and getting another
well, I do need a CPU because my old mobo died and it was an old 1155 socket.

The thing is, I can get the cheapest one for like 70€ while I payed 190 for the 2000.

Best case scenario I've wasted 70 (maybe I can sell it for half, don't know) and I can get the 3600x for 200/230?

While now I've "wasted" 190 and it looks like the 3000 series is a huge leap compared to 1000 to 2000

Based 2600X crushing any Intel trash in its price range.

>used 6 months old i7 6700 (non k) for 150€
Seems like a fair price. Probably y if you want to get performance boost right now and don't want stick with a platform for too long.

I don't understand is this your way of damage control when exposed as an amd shill?
Just pretend you were both sides and that it was all intentional or something?

>Price range
Lmao and what about equal 6 cores?

it's just rumors but smaller arch (7nm) gives better efficiency (lower temps and power draw) and it should clock higher and have slightly better IPC.
if you feel like you're going to upgrade anyway then maybe getting a cheaper zen+ chip now until then might be good. you have to make up your own mind.
not sure how much you can get back on the low-end chip as last time they cut the prices (at least on mid-range and up) pretty hard.

Then you'd be comparing a $200 CPU with a $400 one.

Is this fine for a first timer? Only owned macbook before so any help is appreciated
pcpartpicker.com/list/8rvMkd

Attached: avatar Spelunky_0005_1.jpg (150x150, 21K)

No.

to clarify: smaller node isnt a rumor, the higher clock and ipc are educated guesses.
also ud get more cores/threads.

>locked last generation i7
>no SSD
nope

Polaris/Vega and Pascal/Turing use different compression. AMD compresses less so.
But yes, you're right it's not the perfect image quality you got with a 290X or 7970. Still, one is on average significantly better than the other.
And yes, it seems to be the driver itself that individually is set to compress to varying degrees based on the game. I suspect this is why the 2060 stays under 6Gb in some games which use over 6Gb on higher VRAM cards, though some engines also vary their VRAM usage and compression based on how much VRAM a card has and not necessarily the driver. Either way, Nvidia's compression is still more lossy and no AMD results show the same blurring you see with Nvidia in some.

>price doesn't matter
Threadripper.

>8700 with a 1660
>trying to cool housefire CPU with a hyper 212 and no delid

>paying $315 for locked 6c/12t CPU.
>buying Windows.
>paying $40 for hyper 212
jesus christ no

>cheaper zen+ chip now
Ryzen 3 1200 is too old? I need it just to survive and It's the cheapest

80 bucks for a ryzen quad core is decent, but no iGPU

ah nvm i misread which chip you were talking about. r3 1200 is fine if ur gonna replace it anyway

Alright switched the processor into a Ryzen one, added an SSD, not planning to overclock though and I still need Windows for stuff. Which cooler should I pick though? Again thanks for the help.
pcpartpicker.com/list/qR47LJ

mobo --> MSI tomahawk
ram --> 3200
1660 --> 1660Ti
windows --> $5 ebay key

Hello,
Do I need to change my graphics card ? I changed it 2 years ago because of the same problem : I get crashes randomly and not everyday when I play video games or watch youtube videos in full screen but these crash tend to become more and more common
When the crash occurs, the screen goes black, and sometimes avec some very light glitch appearing like 2 thin red bars or things like that.
I don't know if it's a sign of a dying graphics card or can I solve this

check your drivers first. update them if necessary

>and i still need windows stuff
you still dont need to buy it.
and there's 3200mhz cl16 ram for same price.
and that crucial SSD is probably trash.
I'd spend the money from removing windows on getting better GPU and/or 3200 CL14 ram.

Is it worth upgrading from 1600x to 2700x? Can get it for $220

forgot link pcpartpicker.com/list/NqbJr6

not when 3000 series is coming out in a few months

Yeah I just updated my amd driver, I hope it will fix it

you dont need the 2700X. get the 2700.

and the CPU comes with a cooler that's more than enough especially if you're not overclocking.

pcpartpicker.com/list/bkwBV6

If not overclocking you absolutely should pay a little more for the X. The non-x are underpowered as fuck stock and don't have pb2/xfr2.

wouldnt call it overclocking to just set the fucking multiplier to get the same as the X-model for free.

The 2700 is more expensive. I already have a good hsf. I am trying to understand how noticeable is an upgrade if at all

Alright I'll procure the windows license on ebay. I'm more concerned about the value of the parts, don't really have a strict budget. Is the CL14 ram and the extra 200 watt worth much? Again thanks for the help, honestly I was expecting less replies
pcpartpicker.com/list/tp3x3b

Attached: avatar Spelunky_0003_1.jpg (150x150, 30K)

Get a $55 Athlon if you're JUST WAITing, dude, what the fuck.
Also think 2200G would have way better resale value than the 1200.

You can get a legit Windows 10 get for like $8 on ebay. They are bulk keys made for big businesses in poorfag countries which work internationally. Just buy from one of the reputable sellers, which usually isn't the absolute cheapest $3 one.
And the other stuff said though you'd be fine with a cheaper MSI board like the Gaming Plus or Carbon afaik.
If overclocking, you should also get the X. A 2700 will not overclock to match a 2700X that simply has PBO enabled.
But for pure gaming with a midrange GPU like the 1660/ti, really just save money and get the 2600X.

No. Wait for the 3600X or 3700X or better.
Worst case, 2700X will become even cheaper then.

I don't really think that's a sign of a dying card. Artifacts is.
That just sounds like driver issue.

That is literally what overclocking is. Also as soon as you touch the multiplier all boost and power states are disabled so you'll be running 100% all the time and also need to adjust voltages etc.

Which Athlon? My mobo is a x470

Hey can I get a hand? I'm doing surgery on a 2011 build.

My current state is that when I turn the machine on it suddenly shuts off before I get any boot pics/bios. Then it automatically tries booting again.
This goes on repeat.

It's also doing this with the graphics card removed.

How do I get it working?

Attached: received_320207135355154.jpg (1080x1920, 179K)

yeah but it's the same chip they just nerfed the non-X and selling it cheaper cus it's not binned as high, but literally every 2700 can run same clocks as the X-model.
the dude said he PROBABLY wouldnt be OCing, but there's no reason he cant do something as simple as changing one or two values in BIOS to get the same performance for $70 less
that said. if he absolutely refuses to do that simple shit then sure get the 2700X.

wut? why the fuck would you upgrade from 2700 to 2700X? it's the same thing just clocked higher. just look at how many % faster the clock speed is, that's basically how much faster it is in performance difference.

>is cl14 3200 worth it
eh, arguably. it's B-die RAM which has the highest compatability with Ryzen mobos, and Ryzen benefits several % increased performance with faster RAM due to how the infinity fabric (internal core-core traffic) works.
might not be worth extra $50 for you since you're not OCing much (if at all) but could be nice for resell value or if you ever decide to OC in the future or upgrade the CPU and that benefits even more from fast RAM (just speculations).
also you should really consider the samsung NVMe, they have far higher reliability even if they're smaller size for the price.
and you should look around for better deals on power supplies. a lot of the time you can get 650W-750 gold rated fully modular unit for close to that 550W.
I wouldnt get anything less than 550W just to be sure, and prefer 650W just to have some headroom even if the trend is for GPUs and CPUs becoming more efficient every generation (except intel cus lmao glued cores drawing all the power)

Remove everything, clean up mobo and inspect for blown components, try boot with only cpu and 1 ram stick.

Most powerful Intel build for $4000 ?

Threadripper is not a six core

9900K, Z390, 2080 Ti, Corsair 360mm AIO, Samsung M.2 SSD for programs and booting, SATA for games. Rest is up to you really.

If I were to downgrade that gpu in leu of a more powerful cpu, what would be your thoughts there?

Retarded unless you've got a very good reason

not him but that' would be pretty dumb considering you'd have to swap platform alltogether because the 9900k is the fastest and your GPU is already the bottleneck 90% of the time

Well let’s just assume that I do and my gpu needs are minor at best. Higher thread count and clock speed are CHINA NUMBA 1

9900k more powerful that 9920 or 80??