How the heck I`m supposed to install something in a distro that does not even have apt or apt-get?

How the heck I`m supposed to install something in a distro that does not even have apt or apt-get?

Attached: screenshot_0403153134.png (1024x768, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please let this thread be a joke...

You get to live the hell that is downloading and compiling packages one by one, and needing to hunt down the correct version of libs as well one by one.
Package managers make Linux usable, but the fact that linux never formed a good way of distributing static linked binary baffles me. Windows can do it, MacOS does it and thats a Unix derivative, why can't linux?

Flatpak and AppImage?

Relitivly very little applications have flatpak or appimage distribution. Its not that the software dosn't exist really, more that the wider communities never really embarrassed any of them, or think they can reinvent the wheel better and further fragment it all.

>the fact that linux never formed a good way of distributing static linked binary baffles me

You fucking what mate?

>Windows can do it, MacOS does it

Windows is trojan hell and MacOS just has a retarded directory structure

>and thats a Unix derivative, why can't linux?

>Suggesting Linux is a Unix derivative

>OP legitimately asks for help
>gets `OMFG WHAT A FUKKIN RETARD XDDDDD` posts, instead
must be bad to be 12 at current year

>Completely missing the point to be dogmatic
Yikes!

Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

It’s a bait thread. It’s the same tinycore nigger from yesterday.

There is no help though, first line of is legit what would have to be done if there is no package manager. There is a good reason why distros have them because there is no really fast+easy way of getting things updated or installed otherwise.

>70412959

>Completely missing the point
The point is irrelevant because it isn’t an issue. Nobody has a problem with installing what they want to install on linux systems. If OP wants a distribution with apt package management he should just use one of the many distributions with apt package management.

>Nobody has a problem with installing what they want to install on linux systems.
Yeah...
>Want to install something thats not in your package manager
>Does not have a flatpack or other type of transparent filesysem to install/overlay the application
>Have to download and compile, turns out you dont have the right libs
>Have issues installing the proper libs because the version needed is different then the one you already have installed or is also not in your package manager
>Have to compile everything statically and either keep the binaries in a separate folder manually since if you do a "make install" and copy them over to your /bin or /usr/bin you'll neet to keep the make files around if you ever want to uninstall it, no clean method to do so without having clutter.
All these making installing software from Github and other sites a pain in the ass, problems you just don't have on other OSs. Linux does a lot of things right, I use it daily on 2 servers, but it's obnoxious for several reasons for deaktop usage. Do you do anyone other then browse the internet on your linux box user?

Never had an issue compiling anything in my life. Started on centos, been using debian minimal for some years now. Get good.

>Do you do anyone other then browse the internet on your linux box user?
I work in C++ development. Also worked in Java, PHP and Assembly dev in the past.

>problems you just don't have on other OSs
No idea about MacOS, but windows is hell with DLLs and dependencies. How many different redistributable packages does the average windows build get fucked with? BTFO

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions
A very good article

>Never had an issue compiling anything in my life
Nor have I. The problem is that it's a pain in the ass to do it and track down the proper libs every time. Its just tedious.
>windows is hell with DLLs and dependencies.
Its not the 90s anymore. I do development as well and I haven't had any issues with a DLL linking or registry issue in well over a decade.

All I wish for is for Linux to have a easy way to distribute precompiled binaries that the community actually adopts widespread. I want to use the applications now, not fiddle with getting them compiled first.

Am I the only one who unironically had the idea to make a gayming station out of a minimalist distro? Holy blimey

Has already been done in a way. Sega and a few others had C2D based PCs for some of their arcade cabinets running a home spun linux distro. Lets Go Jungle! is one, fairly fun game too.

tce-load -iw
filetool.sh -b

try reading the book next time

i-i think i may be able to do it, gaise

Attached: screenshot_0403164649.png (1024x768, 137K)

Compared to tinyCore apt is an enourmous package with huge depencies. Even if you could get it working it would be larger than the entire tinyCore distribution including GUI. If you want apt, maybe you're better off with a lightweight Debian based distribution, or just maybe a minimal Debian installation would already suit your needs. That's the easier way IMO.

retard

goatboy spotted