Wifi solution

Imagine you were given unlimited budget to install the best Wi-Fi solution to cover your whole college campus. What would Jow Forums do?
Bonus. Imagine you were given a very strict budget to do it. What would be a cost-effective solution?

Attached: wifi.jpg (600x338, 15K)

>giving everybody cancer

Attached: 5G.jpg (740x960, 175K)

Bump

Bumpu

Bumperoo

see
Sorry OP we just don't want everyone dying from cancer. Just install ethernet cables.

shitload of wrt54g's

Cool story kiddo.
Now for the people that haven't been fed on lead bottles as baby.

Bumpero for OP.

*tips fedora*

Attached: EMF-Effects-Stop5G-1024x576.png (1024x576, 181K)

Imagine doing your own assignments and not asking for help on Mongolian crafts board

>t. retard that doesn't understand how physics works beyond power comes from the wall and tastes ouch
Shit bait.

>54 mbits maximum theoretical speed
>probably half of that in reality
lmao I'm sure students will love being 1000+ people sharing a 25 mbits connection

>t. retard that doesn't understand how physics works beyond what the libtarded media has fed him
Shit bait.

>ethernet cables
uhh we call them wifi cables now, gramps

Attached: 1539674775889.jpg (1944x2592, 2.43M)

Offer ethernet ports that connect to the same VLAN all wifi devices are on.

Use switches with gigabit ports and ten gigabit uplinks.

Tolerate LAN-only piracy and encourage LAN gaming.

Strict budget? Force people to rent their own access point with reduced transmit power and the minimum bandwidth size possible (5 MHz for 2.4 GHz, 20 MHz for 5.8 GHz).

>muh liberul media
>hurr durr mom I have shit myself again

Attached: 1533496212416.png (645x729, 58K)

that's why you need a shitload of them. slow internet is fine, they should be studying, not playing fortnight.

>Most expensive
Cisco 9800-80 wireless lan controller and latest 9115 802.11ax capable access points with multigig ports with catalyst 9300 switches with UPoE ports.

>Least expensive
Whatever offbrand shit is available on amazon at the time. Spend 2 months configuring all of them one by one just to have a network with 20 security vulnerabilities known to the world and (((telemetry))) going straight to the manufacturer servers in china. Something like ubiquiti or other dogshit brands. All running on some netgear switch that will burn your capus datacenter down one day.

>Cost effective
Cisco 3800 AP with maybe 2-3 of them acting as Mobility express controller. Separate network in 2-3 areas with those.

>stay away from (((meraki))) cloud and aruba (dogshit support)

>t. wifi fag

>dangerous frequencies

UniFi

whats so bad about ubiquiti

UniFi APs
Watching Lawrence Systems on YT has sold me on them

Thank you anons. I'll look into these.

That user is a Ciscofag. Spare him his delusions.

In all honesty though, Ubiquiti is decent stuff but they need a few more years before they are actually "enterprise quality" equipment. They also don't have the same level of business or enterprise support as someone like Cisco or HPE. Just side effects of being relatively new to the game.

I'd use my unlimited funds to make a wifi system that only works for heterosexual men, therefore driving undesirables out of the area, and making the place a utopia.

Lot of thinkpenguin repeaters

A bunch of Motorola controllers and APs

i would put in lots of fiber and ban wireless

Id go with wifi cables.