Is being an IT technician hard?

Is being an IT technician hard?

Attached: 454DA476-80DC-4F8D-8E74-398B6364F5A5.jpg (654x384, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlzwMKcCoMI&list=PLG49S3nxzAnmlC1ZsppuM7yleDuYCMHrv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. The only somewhat difficult part is dealing with brainlet normies and retarded iToddlers.

How would one become an I.T technician. Just get a certificate or should I go to school?

Attached: F57BB75C-36F9-4F83-9019-B70DA6DE0A28.png (884x346, 89K)

A shit one no.

A certified one learning stuff that barely matters yes.

Plus a DECENT IT Tech requires to know a bit of everything (Netowrking/Security/be able to manage Linux/Windows/Mac and not just google everything)

Get certified.

CompTIA +A is a must have if you want to get a job. If you already know how to fucking buy and build a computer then you dont need any experience in order to get it.

Buy the books in amazon, watch videos in YT and you can get certified in less than 3 months.

Associates Degree = certifications < Associates Degree + certifications = Bachelors Degree
If you go for an AS in "IT" or some shit, knock out certs as you go so you'll have both.

Make sure you get an internship, too.

That is if you aim to move up, to start a company will put you in a very narrow position, you work on a few specific things. Nothing wrong with googling I work in InfoSec and google stuff all the time just need to know what you are looking for.

Working a helpdesk job is hard only in that it is basically customer service but fixing shit over the phone. If you work at a place and only deal with corporate people it is better but still not fun. Helpdesk is a good starting point in IT but know that you do not want to stay there, you want to gain skills and move on from positions like that.

You dont need to go to school, the internet has all you need. For basic stuff you can watch this tutorial.youtube.com/watch?v=SlzwMKcCoMI&list=PLG49S3nxzAnmlC1ZsppuM7yleDuYCMHrv

Get the A+ if you are literally a straight noob. If not I would try applying to MSP (managed service providers) or just look on indeed for entry level helpdesk jobs. You may not get anything and that is ok, you can stoop low and work at Geek Squad or some shitty place to get more experience and chops.

Get experience and a cert and you will land a beginning job. IT in general is not a field you get into and stay at one level, always learn new things and always try and move ahead. After the basics leaning networking is great.

Hope this helps.

I was making 24/h at my last computer tech job. I mostly rebooted bitcoin miners now and then and set up new ones. It was easy... well actually pretty physical demanding sometimes.
I imagine a real IT job requires a little more skill but they all seem to pay like 15/h starting :(

I got my A+ by just watching youtube vids and free quizzes online. Fuck buying books for the A+ it's not worth even more money than the cert already costs

not OP but i'll take anything any job related to IT. I still haven't graduated college but i'll take anything to get my foot in the door. I'll suck my bosses dick until he/she is happy. But if they're cute i'll do it for free

Attached: retardedSmug.png (400x540, 307K)

Just get experience along with college, Certs are extra, cost money, and don't guarantee you jobs. Any regular business is going to hire a guy with half a decade experience over the guy with fresh associates and a cert or two.

Hard in terms of actual critical thinking(assuming all client based)? No
Hard in terms of dealing with the actual end users while working with machines? Yes

There is nothing more infuriating than working on something like the following happen
>is it fixed? I need to work!
>can I watch?
>It worked/looked/did different.
>Hey my files in the recycle bin are gone!
>hey think you can sneak in while you're at it?
>Yeah I'm good at computers, almost fixed it but it was that new windows update that screwed me from fixing it.

Get a CCNP Certification, Although most people will say get a CCNA. Unless you have a degree and experience a CCNA will only get you a internship. However a Cybercom CCNA will be very valuable.

You get these certs by being tested by Cisco. Whether you learn the skill through college, trade school, or online fuckery that is up to you.

Must have problem solving skills. You don't have to go to college but it is easier to land jobs that way as most businesses are seeking this. Also if you are a beginner, I'd suggest CompTIA A+ and work your way towards CompTIA Network+. Also you should have a passion for this because your day to day basis will be mostly troubleshooting with hardware and software.

No. It’s piss easy.

It's easy if you accept all of the easy tickets and leave the hard ones for the other techs :)

This.
It'd be the perfect job if it wasn't for the people

Had a tech who I managed do that.
Key word: Had.

Fag

>Buy
No

Ccnp for a technician? ?? Nigga wtf

Talk about massively over qualified. Ccent is thats needed for entry level technician unless he wants to work in an network operation centre

correct

Attached: 1526415480002.png (128x128, 39K)

the hard part is always being blamed after fixing something and the user fucks it up again, and people thinking you have magic super powers, and also its hard to realize just how much time and energy every little task on a computer takes when you think it'll be near instant

find some small mom and pop shop, work for them for peanuts, stay in school and get a degree that wont expire after 4 years. and get certs if you want to, but getting your foot in the door at a small place is easy if you make the compromise that you'll probably be paid shit and be a contractor (have to pay your own taxes because mom and pop are cheap) but get the most experience you can from that then either go into business for yourself (steal their customers) or do school

>Is being an IT technician hard?
IT is not for everybody
I've done IT, telephony + inside wiring/telecommunications, webdev, and programming mostly as a systems admin. doing IT isn't fun nor challenging anymore, it's just fucking frustrating having to clean up the mess of your priors. printers are the best part, especially on Linux/GNU. networking is fun, servers are fun, communications equipment is fun, basically anything datacenter is fun, but fuck laptops, printers, tablets, smartphones, Windows anything, Cisco anything, and desktops. I left IT to work for a telco and am loving every minute of it, ama