Take an old dinosaur product that should have been retired generations ago and do a bandaid modernization because muh...

>take an old dinosaur product that should have been retired generations ago and do a bandaid modernization because muh old shit is better than your new shit
>surprise, it's dangerously unstable!
>implement a "solution" in software that doesn't account for the possibility of input errors because "that's an upstream issue, the rest of the universe should cater to my autism"
>don't mention any of this in the documentation because documentation is for filthy casuals
>600 people die
>instead of admitting fault, issue a press release that says, in essence, "this wouldn't happen if you only hired white people"

Is Boeing actually just Jow Forums: the aerospace giant?

Attached: 10928822-0-image-a-6_1552477962424.jpg (634x423, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thevintagenews.com/2018/01/06/japan-airlines-flight-123/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Airlines_Flight_605
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AMD of planes

Heavier engines what, they had to mount them further forward to clear the ground which produces a pitching up moment.

They had no choice from management because any software that could fail would require re-training which was NOT ACCEPTABLE. No combination of these engines and no training was going to work.

Boein/g/

WRT54G with opensores firmware of planes

because it wouldn't happen if you hired competent pilots not trained on ipads and smart enough to actually read their manual

>dinosaur product
>all planes use same fuselage design and swept wings

the fuck you talking about, just cus they kept the same 737 naming scheme doesn't mean they're all 50+ year old planes

>"this wouldn't happen if you only hired white people"
This is actually true though

Attached: rtfm.jpg (1279x932, 353K)

>70417921
Even the best pilots can't magic knowledge from their asshole. They require training about the specifics of the plane.

>No combination of these engines and no training was going to work.
What about "redesign the wing section to actually produce a stable aircraft"

*Intel
Who had keeping vulnerabilities since 1990's?

They indeed are. It is like Windows 10. It is Windows NT with shit added on top of it.

What do you think this is? Airbus?

Okay Jow Forums. Let's design an airplane. I think we can do better, than Boeing.

Who designes the logo?

It isn't just the same name. It retains many features of the original 737 (and even 707!). The reason why they keep updating ancient plane instead of redesigning it is because they want avoid 1. going through the whole certification process 2. training pilots

>this wouldn't happen if you only hired white people
this is true though cuck poster

i made it. it's an airplane viewed from above

Attached: logo.png (608x589, 41K)

That won't take off

Attached: green is my Boeing.png (600x600, 70K)

>white snowflake people can magically recover from a sudden nose dive a few hundred feet over ground going at hundreds of miles per hour
Your brain on

Nope. Even aryan slavs wouldn't.
Aryan slavs know how to fly shitty soviet planes, but Boeing is even shitter.

>New airframe
Back to the certs for you

looks like a canon firing a bowling ball to be honest. and the green doesn't match the company synergies

Honestly, why not modify 757, attach wings, which will allow landing on 737 airports?

The truth hurts

I suspected Boeing or Lockheed Martin shilled Jow Forums from the Elon Musk and NASA smearing whenever possible.
After seeing Boeing apoligists in previous threads about the crashes, It's clear which one it is.

they don't train pilots they just provide materials

and it still gets certified every time....

But what about this logo

Attached: logo.png (800x800, 108K)

Aerospace Engineering student here. Pilots are the dumbest subhumans you've even seen. In my first year I got put in a dorm with pilots, and let me tell you, these guys are the most drolling, stupid wiggers you will never meet.

Literally a glorified bus driver.
>33.33% women

Fuck you aeronautical enginiggers. Stop assuming that pilots are retards. If you will stop doing this, there would be less retarded pilots.

>re-training is not acceptable
>Hey bro if you do certain shit the software will fuck your shit up
wow that was hard

Attached: 1540433266705.jpg (321x432, 34K)

>they don't train pilots they just provide materials

Airlines prefer buying aircrafts that don't require additional training.

>and it still gets certified every time....

Not true. Certain FAA certificates can be grandfathered and I'm sure that's also the case with other agencies.

it looks like a penis

Attached: surprised.gif (500x355, 774K)

>Not true. Certain FAA certificates can be grandfathered and I'm sure that's also the case with other agencies.

No

Dude, it looks like
>
and Tu144.
I mean, if you think this is a penis, I have a bad news for ya. Your penis is weird

Technically there isn't anything wrong with reusing a certified airframe since it lowers the amount of new variables which is generally safer. The problem was pretty much everything after that.

You know, that B737Max is like white women being fucked by BBC.
This is literally trying to fit M30 screw into M8 nut.

>>surprise, it's dangerously unstable!
All planes nowdays are "dangerously unstable". Everything implements fly-by-wire.

Except Boeing which sells the stability package as an optional add-on upgrade pack and says it’s not relevant for safety because the FAA let them self-certify without

GNU/Plane when?

Attached: OpenSourceCar.jpg (576x764, 394K)

>muh old shit is better than your new shit
They were originally designing a from the ground up replacement, but American Airlines said they'd buy Airbus A320's rather than wait for a replacement. So the replacement was scrapped and a 737 upgrade proposal drafted literally overnight, then Boeing fasttracked development to the point where even the blueprints lack proper documentation.

First GNU/Plane distribution

Which one is boeing and which one is airbus?

Aviation is proprietary, so both of them are closed source, except Boeing for some reason looks like ganu/car

>Heavier engines what, they had to mount them further forward to clear the ground which produces a pitching up moment.
failsafe designs are for faggots

I bet an Indian on an H1B1 visa thought it was a good idea to make the system dependent on ONE AOA sensor instead of the two.

>Who designes the logo?

Attached: plane.png (607x607, 12K)

No, he got confused by fake if, which he added to increase line count, so he gets bigger salari

>fake if
I've been cleaning up code sent to us from some outsourced codefarm that I suspect is based in India, and some of their methods and practices seem redundant, unnecessary, and inefficient. Your post reminded me of an if statement that, in each case, modified the variable in the exact same way. I never thought that they might have done it to artificially increase line count and/or to increase code "complexity" until now. I'm going to comb through my revisions to their code and bring this up at the next meeting we have. The memes are real.

>30 years of vulnerability
>not intel

Kek underrated

Programmers in India were paid for lines of code.
so they did this very often
if (true){
doTheNeedful(poo);
}else if (false){
doTheNeedful(foo);
}else if (false){
// ....
}else{
// lines
}

>Okay Jow Forums. Let's design a safety system. I think we can do better, than Boeing by making it dependent on more than one sensor.

And adding a button, and including a man with abortion instructions

Indeed, everyone knows that Asians >>>>> w*ite pypl when it comes to pilots
>The official investigation has shown that the pilots managed to keep the plane in the air for another 32 minutes after the depressurization: several expert flight crews re-enacted the accident through a flight simulator, but none of them managed to prevent the crash or even stay in the air longer than 12 minutes after the malfunction of hydraulics.
>thevintagenews.com/2018/01/06/japan-airlines-flight-123/
Nippon wins again!

>AMD
>make open source drivers available
>be anyone else
>proprietary

Then it'd be a new aircraft, and FAA would make the 737 pilots get recertified for the new plane, which means 737 MAX would have no cost advantage over Airbus A320neo.

Why germans won't retire porsche 911?

don't forget "charge an upgrade fee for the safety feature that helps prevent catastrophes caused by this 'solution'"

>they don't train pilots they just provide materials
yeah but no one's gonna want to buy the materials if they have to re-train their entire workforce.

>"this wouldn't happen if you only hired white people"
To be fair, it's really just another way of saying:
>"Don't hire people who tend to be too retarded to fix shit by themselves."

Look up their cvr recording, absolutely based

boeings are fundamentally unsafe

It's a basic tenant of engineering that if your inputs go blank you default to the safest state. In this case it would be manual flight.
The fact that a single sensor failure turned a plane into meteorite is terrible. The whole team in that subsystem should face 600 homicide charges.

okay someone explain this to a retard like me, what failed?

They did the right procedure to counter mcas in conformity with boeing's recommendations after the first accident but once 737 nose dives and goes beyond 300 knots the pressure on the bad designed stabs makes it impossible to pull the control column with enough force to make a recover. You can still try to spin those manual trims wheels but it takes years (i'm not even sure if this works). By the way the event occurs in mere seconds with all crazy alarms and the stick shake at the same time.
Boeing is a Mess.

true tho

while (stalling) {
if (noseup) {
tiltnosedown();
} else {
tiltnoseup();
}
}

materials is a fucking book you idiot

be a few more pages, someone at the airline reads it, trains pilots in a few hours

Airlines have heaps of different planes in their fleets, lots even airbus/boeing. switches arent' all int he same spot

They made a plan that was unsafe, sold the parts that could have made it safe as "optional non-essential bonus upgrades", put incorrect information in the manual because "third world people are too stupid for details", and then blamed minorities when 600 people died

if its Boeing i aint Jow Forumsoing

If you've ever worked for a large company you'll know the salaried drones always want to do what's right. No incentive for them to kill people, nothing but disincentives. It's the higher ups that will throw morality out the window so they'll step in and order people to do the wrong thing because their compensation is now almost entirely in stock options. They know if the shit hits the fan the FAA has got their back because the FAA is just their old boss and also their future employee

pilots are definitely not the brightest bunch, but they have to be intelligent enough to know how to operate plane systems and to some extent how it all works, and some other things like navigation, meteorology, aviation law etc,
It all comes down to a training and working as a pilot, and making decisions at critical moments. Pilots can and are willing to do this, they even enjoy it, while some retarded math graduate with super high iq would crash on his first solo flight. Pilots in essence are alpha chads while aerospace engineers are beta cucks whos only function is to cater for the needs of pilots.
Now, flying is not for everyone, sometimes some retard who is not meant to be a pilot makes it past the training and gets accepted by a company and clearly those blacks who crashed just didnt it cut it, sadly they killed many people in the process (but many of them were non white also so its not all bad). They will all fail because only alpha chads can live that kind of life.

Attached: 1481161629826.gif (499x499, 45K)

based strokeposter

thankfully the ethopian flight was going to some UN conference & had a lot of white canadians, british & americans on board... i cant stop smirking at the thought of all those crackers gittin crakked

Attached: 6780877654.jpg (442x530, 74K)

?

they worse than enemy muslims,.. they are traitors, quick death in airplane crash is too good them

Tesla cars are open source

Jow Forumsoeing where?

Lol yeah, usually on an african plane you expect only 1 or 2 honkys... but this one was loaded with around 30 of them pink skinned swinehund...white race will end that much sooner nao hehehe

Attached: 45668789789.jpg (469x476, 59K)

I've been watching aircraft crash videos the past couple weeks out of morbid curiousity, and more than a few of these crashes are due to the pilots doing something completely fucking retarded.

For example, I just watched a video where a korean bugman pilot had requested clearance after takeoff, plane is at 1400m, ATC told his copilot climb to 1500m, copilot confirms 1500m, pilot asks copilot what flight level, and copilot says climb to 1500ft.

So the pilot puts the aircraft into a 34,000ft/min dive, to go from 4500ft to 1500ft and ends up slamming it into the ground.

just what the fuck

Why does a korean pilot use feet?

Actually, why does anyone who flies anything use feet?

you use feets to press on the floor pedals to control the tail section

altitude or vertical distance is always indicated in feet in aviation, and horizontal distance (visibility) in meters except for few countries like russia where they use metric for everything

Except that Airbus' FBW is engineered from the ground up and *is* the flight control system. 7 main flight control computers, with hot connections directly to each battery, plus "direct law" failover in which sidestick inputs can bypass the computers in the event of a hydraulic/electrical failure and command the surfaces directly.

Unlike Boeing's duct-tape approach of; "so the new model stalls sometimes? Here, add this little computer doo-dad to push the nose down a little".

A320's pull data from all three ADR's and automatically cross-check the information.

> inb4 butthurt Boeingfags

crash this plane

>Aerospace Engineering student here
>Pilots are the dumbest subhumans you've even seen
hmm, yeah, surely you as an student can say a lot about pilots.

I think Airbus bet you to it

Based logo.

Too minimalistic

keks

thanks user, but Airbus probably won't like you posting their code

>copilot
I think you mean "first officer" there
>meters
To be fair, altitude and vertical rates are *almost always* expressed in feet. So it's a half-understanding mistake. Not seeing the ground approaching, or hearing GPWS callouts is severe brain damage.

also, if you want to see true brain-damage,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Airlines_Flight_605

as a plane autist reading this thread is painful
neck yourselves if youre blaming it on the pilots desu

this one beats it in retardation by a mile

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447

fly drones in front of airports to save people from dying from boeings incompetency

>muh old shit is better than your new shit

Stop making new shit with "Planned Obsolescence" in mind and it might be worth something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
In 1960, cultural critic Vance Packard published The Waste Makers, promoted as an exposé of "the systematic attempt of business to make us wasteful, debt-ridden, permanently discontented individuals". Packard divided planned obsolescence into two sub categories:

obsolescence of desirability; and
obsolescence of function.

"Obsolescence of desirability", a.k.a. "psychological obsolescence", referred to marketers' attempts to wear out a product in the owner's mind. Packard quoted industrial designer George Nelson, who wrote: "Design... is an attempt to make a contribution through change. When no contribution is made or can be made, the only process available for giving the illusion of change is 'styling!'"

>Jow Forumsoeig

Dunning kruger

Doesn't exist.