MX518 memed into legend

>MX518 memed into legend
>$150 new, $50 used and beat up
>based Logitech re-releases it with new hardware
>$60

There's no excuse to not buy one now

Attached: 41BB9866BlL.jpg (271x500, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Logitech-G402-Hyperion-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00LZVNWIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

$60 is way too expensive for it
And I really don't like what "new hardware" might mean

This.

I'm curious what do these $50+ gaymen mice even have that a $30 mouse like this doesn't?
amazon.com/Logitech-G402-Hyperion-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00LZVNWIA
>1,000Hz (1ms) report rate
>240 to 4,000 DPI

Attached: 5E844632970F44D98AE159FBF72458C2.jpg (750x706, 117K)

I still have my logitech G400S, if it breaks i will consider

First off the mx518 doesn't look like a space ship
Secondly the mx518 fits better in your hand

I don't care but ergonomics I might consider. Is there any difference in the sensor or are all these stupid mice using the same internal components with a different plastic casing?

Per Amazon:
>HERO Sensor: Our most accurate sensor with pixel-precise tracking at up to 400+ IPS max speed, 16,000 max DPI, and 10x less power consumption than our previous generation
>32-bit ARM Processor: Processor with onboard memory and 1ms report rate
Onboard Memory: MX518 comes fully loaded. Save up to five profiles to the onboard memory, using Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) or Logitech G HUB, and take them with you
>On-the-Fly DPI: Cycle up and down through as many as five DPI settings with a single click of the buttons directly above and below the wheel
>8 Programmable Buttons: 8 buttons to program custom commands and macros

I've currently got the G403, so nah, I won't be getting it.
I have had the G400S in the past, and it was great.

>different sensor
So what is even the point?
This will be nothing like the original

Watch literally no one is going to recommend it now because their exclusive nostalgia mouse is recontinued and buyable everywhere. They will find some other discontinued not easily attainable mouse to rave about. That's how it works in all hobbies.

Superior sensor in the same body as the old one.

>HERO Sensor

That sensor is godly.

I'm still using my original mx518 on my laptop. The scroll wheel is pretty busted, but I still like the way it feels in my hand

I have a feeling they're going to rerelease the g302 since a big streamer uses it and finding one now costs around 300 for resale value

shroud?

>There's no excuse to not buy one now
too big for my loli hands
t. G102fag

>$50 used and beat up
Bought mine for around $5 in 2014, before all that meme thing happened. Pretty comfy mouse.

this

now its gonna be all about the intellimouse explorer 3 (not that its a bad mouse)

my g400 works just fine, thank you very much

My G402 works fine.

Is it ambidextrous?

A friend of mine had a similar one for 10+ years up until recently when the cable just unplugged and fucked it all up.
Those are surprisingly resilient

>a $30 mouse like this doesn't?

Attached: file.png (309x54, 4K)

Only if it better than my current mouse.

Attached: G403.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

how does it compare to the pixart 3358 or whatever is in the G502?

A better shape and better sensor.

IE3 got a rerelease too

I still use a G9x that's in great condition, but I'm considering getting an MX Ergo Plus. pls kill me

I had mx518, g400 and g402.
Can't really decide whether the mx518 or g400 is better, but g402 is absolute trash in comparison to those two. The additional buttons placement makes majority of them unusable and ergonomics are way worse. Also it looks like shit, not that it matters much.
When my g400 broke down and got g402 as replacement, entire time I wished I could go back to g400. I hate people like you who shill terrible products. Fuck you.

I just bought a logitech g102 for $20

This is more than enough mouse for anyone

I also don't like my g402, I really wish I could go back to the mx518. But I will use the mouse untill it dies.

What does this do that my $7 mouse doesn't?

Attached: wh2-910-003357_09[1].jpg (1000x1000, 44K)

Imagine being a materialistic fa/g/g/ot. also that product is not the same from when it was released, goy.

pic related is also not the mx518

Have more than 3 buttons and a decent sensor, for starters.

It doesn't dies in two month

>decent sensor
?
The cursor goes where I move it. What more decent is that?

Had it for a year with no problems. Do you abuse your mice or somethng?

Quit pretending to be retarded, please.

No, I'm genuinely curious. The only problems I've had is gunk getting stuck between the buttons.

Based schizo.

...wut?

I have a Zowie

already got mine, shitters

5G acceleration, DPI control, flawless sensor that doesnt "predict" shit so it purely mimics your movement accurately and does nothing else.

Attached: IMG_20190401_103602.jpg (2016x1512, 673K)

its ugleh, the shape is shit and the g502 is better in any way
why would i want this?

draw a straight line and two circles, one slow and one fast, in paint

because your subjective opinions doesnt mean shit. the shape is great and it's not a transformer/stealth fighter jet mouse for kids.

so its the aesthetics only?

no. it has a really good sensor (probably flawless but i havent looked it up)
and grip is not aesthetics.

>5G acceleration, DPI control, flawless sensor that doesnt "predict" shit so it purely mimics your movement accurately and does nothing else.
Sounds neat, but I haven't used any mice like this so I wouldn't know how much of a difference this actually makes tho.
Is there a left-handed version?

i havent seen a lefty version of the new one, but the old ones used to i think, but they're probably even more expensive than what OP listed.

but you should really go to a PC store and try out different shapes to see what fits you.
for example a lot of older pro-gamers swear to the intellimouse 1.0 and 3.0 shape but personally it gives me cramps in my pinky cus there's just a slope down on that side so i gotta grip harder than with 518 which is almost flat down there with a small groove

This is the new one? Is it like the old one?

>still using my mx518
>it's too small for my long hands
I have 2 excuses :^)

yeah it's 518 chassi with modern sensor

Genius X-Scroll is the only patrician mouse.

Used G400 for many years and it was my favourite mouse. Then I bought a G402 for my second PC. They both feel the same, but the G402 has additional buttons which you can program INTO the mouse (i.e. you don't need any cancer software running for special bindings).
G402 is based.

Attached: b2c.png (1000x861, 259K)

I bough mine for 17€ ten years ago. Why the fuck is that shit suddenly so expensive?

>>different sensor
>what is the point
the point being sensor is now the best in the world, like the old sensor was best during his time

the original had line prediction so it wasnt even perfect

>what is supply and demand

>Sounds neat, but I haven't used any mice like this so I wouldn't know how much of a difference this actually makes tho.
Oh boy, don't even buy it, you'll get hooked up to the feeling of pure bliss from even moving the cursor across the screen.

I bought g303 for gaming, and now after ditching games, i can't sell it (even though i can repay it totally and even earn some money) because it's just perfect

i got giddy from the nostalgia after plugging in my 518 the other day just moving it around the screen and feeling how it just moves perfectly to all the buttons

Attached: dick_erect.gif (342x512, 320K)

Attached: д.png (368x341, 5K)

Jews

>angle snapping
nice shit sensor

Attached: mouse.png (1493x839, 14K)

*DING DING DING DING*
WE GOT A WINNER

Look user, i had the exact mouse in your pic, and as the matter of fact i still have it. I then made a leap to G303.
I'm just gonna say you'll be shilling for Logitech on Jow Forums till the end of life if you make the same jump. There's no one here that can give you better perspective

>What more decent is that?
A LOT MORE DECENT. I'm not motivated enough to record you a straight line test, or pixel precision test, but believe me the difference is enormous

Dunno about the sensor on the new mx518, but it may be even better than g303 (which currently has the best sensor in the world, PMW3366)

Attached: FiSCgTh.jpg (3264x2448, 2.81M)

mx518 was garbage
the remake is still garbage because its wired

*cable breaks again*

what do y'all think about g305?

Alright, I'm convinced. I'll be on the lookout for a left-handed edition.

Attached: 580b585b2edbce24c47b29f6[1].png (384x313, 39K)

>Logeeekek
It's shit by default.
Buy A4Tech.

Get a job buy g900 you faggots

>buying Lolgeeekek
>ever
No thx

So what's the main difference between this and g400/400s?

the moment they are in stock at my local Best Buy, I'm rushing over there to return my gay Corsair mouse for it.

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that they didn't keep the metal skin? I know people are mixed feeling about it but I kind of feel like that was one of the things that set it apart. Like when you saw someone with it you instantly knew what it was. Now it's just looks like any other mouse.

Attached: mx518.jpg (234x215, 8K)

>based Logitech re-releases it with new hardware
inb4 it breaks sooner than an actual MX518

new sensor.

kinda like my full black one with subtle sparkle that i got without even knowing cus the package was greyish like in your pick

g400 discontinued since years ago. if you liked 518 and g400 you'll like the new 518, it feels just like the old 518 with the buttons and grip.

2 year warranty and it's not razer that'll break in less than 6 months

>but believe me the difference is enormous

Yea I bought the G Pro with the hero sensor and dayum... the difference to anything else is night and day. It's so accurate and smooth. Flawless sensors have opened my eyes.. no going back

I'm on the same boat. The new mouse isn't a MX518, it's a fucking G400. Mind you, that isn't exactly a bad thing, but not keeping the iconic faceplate and still calling it a MX518 is a travesty.

The sensor in the new mx518 is the better however the sensor doesn't matter if anything that you do because you're a faget

You can actually turn angle snapping on in the new one if you want to. A nice hold over for people like me that got used to it

Yeah, I mean I still will consider getting one eventually but, isn't quite the same. Maybe with enough demand they could release another edition with the old skin?

the only difference between the original 518 and G400 so calling the new 518 a G400 makes as little sense as calling it a G400 with your logic.
The shape is the same on all which is the important thing.

btw, both original 518 and early G400 had flawed sensor.

>the only difference between the original 518 and G400 is the sensor
fix'd. fucking forgetting words when editing

I don't like the shape of it, my MX Master is more comfortable in my hand.

>paying more than 20 dollars for a mouse
>TFW I used to have a functioning MX518 but have no switched over to a different mouse.
Ayy lmao

Just buy a G Pro Wireless
You aren't poor are you?

>wasting money just because you can instead of using that to get more money

This, best mouse on earth right now.

Make sure to download a software and configure clicks/calibrate sensor of your mouse and mousepad. You can then save that profile to the mouse and delete botnet gayming software

>wired mice in 2019
get a G305/G603
works for months on a single AA, has the based HERO sensor, indistinguishable from wired mice thanks to the lightspeed meme
literally no reason to stick with wired

Dunno about the old G502 but the new one also has a HERO sensor.

HERO is basically identical to 3366
dunno about 3358 but I assume 3366 is better

>And I really don't like what "new hardware" might mean
Basically they took the 518 shape and button layout and filled it with a sensor that isn't total dogshit.

Protip: the OG 518 sensor is total dogshit by today's standards (and wasn't very good in its day, either). You shouldn't miss it.

I don't like the shape and the cable is shit.
>$150 new, $50 used and beat up
The only people buying those had actual brain damage. The G400 existed was the same thing but with a better sensor.

Attached: 1485121720458.gif (379x440, 140K)