/hpg/ /BeyerChads/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice:
pastebin.com/Fkxm4BBA

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous gay thread:

Attached: 6763698521_c9cbe5e490_b.jpg (713x1000, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
schiit.com/products/loki
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9cn5rr/modi_multibit_vs_lyr_3_builtin_multibit/e5c1zzq/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-jotunheim-and-ifi-idsd-black-label-dacs-and-headphone-amps.3717/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

S T A X
I S
O V E R R A T E D

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt. They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/, plus they pay Zeos to shill their crap.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, with shrill highs that appeal only to near-deaf boomer. STAX is Made in China snakeoil for the audiophool.

Attached: Stax vs Beats LMFAO.jpg (1876x1440, 403K)

Second for king of mid-fi.

Attached: 1549449793547.jpg (1500x1000, 231K)

For me it's Sennheiser

Closed end game reporting in

Attached: 3.jpg (3008x2008, 477K)

Another thread another victory for BeyerChads!

Attached: beyerdynamic_logo_RGB_02.jpg (1600x300, 42K)

ill buy em if my 650s ever break:)

Attached: 155285330579231.jpg (1421x931, 997K)

Attached: ko$$-bo$$.jpg (1600x485, 98K)

based and 650pilled

Best open backed headphones for 300$? Link the OP isn't working atm

based
fuck chinks and fuck shills

I'll repeat my question from last thread, are these any good?

Sennheiser 6XX

post the oldest headphone u got

Attached: IMG_0591.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

better than stax at the very least

As if that's supposed to mean anything
Stax is as bad as you can get

based

Attached: 1529917471266.jpg (640x485, 142K)

58X dominates all categories of fidelity up until summit fi

Attached: 1527298330792.jpg (1500x1127, 1.04M)

I've used my HD 600 as my primary headphone pair for years and it hasn't snapped ama

Maybe you shouldn't sit on your headphones then, fatso

STAX STAX STAX STAX STAX STAX STAX STAX

NO THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT STAX NEVER LOSES

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1513307523761.png (400x416, 163K)

maybe if you're a basshead lol

latest oldest headphone i got btw. whats a good amp for an early 1970s hd 414x? 2000ohm 102db/mw

Attached: hd414x.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

lmfao, nostax incels on suicide watch

>desperate nostax yottacels can only copy the original postings of staxchads
you're never gonna make it :^)

Do any suggestions for this?

>Budget
$50-100
>Location
USA
>Source
PC and walkman
>Type of headphone
On-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I wear them for long durations.
>Past headphones
Cheap sonys.

Attached: types.jpg (1860x1200, 229K)

If you think having any sub-bass means it's only for bassheads you should get a STAX lmao

Attached: STAX.jpg (1876x1440, 305K)

thinksound on-2

lmao indeed

Attached: Fe1K0-272940-Brock_Jynxd.png (1000x1359, 476K)

I got a chance to demo the entire STAX line last week. STAX are next level scam BS. Imagine paying $1500 for l700

s a l u t a t i o n s !

fuck this

Attached: file.png (430x414, 5K)

organize your cables better then

Attached: 1542171452958.jpg (640x480, 40K)

*makes your audio hiss constantly*
heh nothing personnel, audio quality

It doesn't though.

Mine did

I have one and there's zero hissing, noise, or anything of the sort and it also drives my k712 and DT 1990 pretty well. I also have a magni+modi shit stack which actually has audible distorsion so I'm just using the card now. Not having to reach for the knob every time and changing volume with the keyboard is also pretty convenient.

>Schiit is shit
wow color me shocked
and mine did have a notable hiss when used with both my HD600 and HD58X that wasn't replicated by my D30/O2 stack

thats pretty well drawn

Based and Nostaxpilled

I actually possess those headphones.
Also I have this sound card. I can highly recommend it, because you get those very cheap now for like 60 €. The T1 certainly profit from good amplification, I can tell this because my HTPC only runs on a Realtek sound card.

Attached: Sound-Zecke.jpg (3840x2160, 3.24M)

Owning Stax equals being a nigger. But while niggers can have sex, Stax incels can't.
Conclusion: Stax incels are worse than niggers.

Attached: 20190315_230336.jpg (2016x1512, 499K)

beats ep’s

Theyre a meme, like Stax.

i need this but with bass/treble knob, help me please /hpg?

Attached: 65h56hhed.jpg (800x800, 333K)

You’re going to rely on a website whose top rated headphones are a pair of fucking Bose?

Have the pic related since 6 years ago. Got it with the advice of an user on Jow Forums.

I don't, cannot use it all the time. I like it when I'm using it, but it gets uncomfortable pretty quick:
> Hard, poorly padded headband hurts my head
> Cable is obnoxious, don't know where to put
> Headband is too short for my head?
> Closed back

I want the exact opposite for the cons of the MDR 7605, with a flat response:
> PC/smartphone as source
> Over-ear
> Open
> Very comfortable

I prefer separated headbands, assuming that they'll spread the pressure on top of my head from the headphones' weight.

I prefer wireless/Bluetooth, but can live without it for another 5 years if open-back Bluetooth is not a thing, and won't be for another year or two.

The user who helped me 5 years ago claimed that he was studying sound-something at uni, I hope I can get something similarly good this time as well.

Attached: mdr.jpg (461x546, 51K)

schiit.com/products/loki

Attached: loki-mini-front-1920.jpg (960x618, 46K)

If I have a DAC that has optical and USB, does it matter which one I use?

>schiit
kek

There's no difference in sound. Use whatever is convenient.

it's what their customer base uses as fuel to run their brains on

So what can topping offer, amir? :)

I just bought a set of SE425s about 20 minutes ago and holy fuck they're spectacular

Objective cock deep up your ass, jason. xD

I don't know much about headphones but I'm thinking about getting either the 6xx or 660s, but I have no idea which dac and amp I need, what would you say is the bare minimum for a decent sound? I'm not an audiophile by any standard but I do want a good natural sound.
I'll be connecting this to a laptop if that even matters

Schiit is better made and costs less than your chinkfi products ^^

Try your headphones without an amp first. If it doesn't get loud enough or you still want something I can recommend the fiio e10k. It's pretty cheap, has a volume knob and don't sound different than the well regarded o2 odac.

>Schiit is better made
enjoy your death by electrocution
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9cn5rr/modi_multibit_vs_lyr_3_builtin_multibit/e5c1zzq/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-jotunheim-and-ifi-idsd-black-label-dacs-and-headphone-amps.3717/

oh amir! why don't you go measure outdated stuff that's been fixed since? can't do that nuh uh you need to put schiit in a bad spotlight :(

it has not been fixed though

>it has not been fixed
I doubt it but IF it's broken you can always replace it. Schiit have a 5 year warranty.

>schiit.com/products/loki

shieeeet thats nice but im looking something under $100

Attached: thumb_nao_swimsuit.jpg (412x232, 30K)

The only one I can think of in that range that has treble/bass "controls" is the topping mx3, though it's not physical knobs.

pulseeffects for linux, equalizer apo for windows

they dont have warranty

will look into it, thanks

nah it says so on their website

then their products blow up and they blame customers lol

they dont blow up

How much should I expect to pay for mmcx cables (with next,previous vol+- and play/pause controller) on ali express?

posting the same two links over and over again won't increase your measly sample size

>they dont blow up
proved wrong
why are you crying now? ehehehhe

If there is one headphone i want to upgrade to...

so? just send it back. schiit has a 5 year warranty.

what listening with, user

Attached: B89F9686-7FD9-44EA-AE0A-4948277F66AC.jpg (3024x3319, 1.54M)

I miss my ear pods, which are other good in ear headphones for the same price?

Attached: 1552376258151.gif (155x201, 499K)

new ear pods

Soo nothing better for the price?

nothing beats familiarity. if you think ear pods are good then just get another pair

im@s radio, user.

Is /iem/ dead? And the Sony mh755s suck dick fuck y'all. The highs are so fucking harsh and bass is lacking. It's a mid machine

>"they don't blow up"
>"yes they do"
>"ok they do blow up but come on, they have a warranty"
shit shills on some low quality damage control

>schiit doesnt have warranty
>yes they do
>uhhhm they blow up!
you lost the battle anyhow

user, those are 10 bucks in ears. Where you expecting them to sound like 4k flagship headphones? Get real, silly idiot.

Is there a guide or recomendation on budget ANC headphones?

Looking to do some research on headphones but the $200 and over link in the wiki is dead. Anyone have a copy/other suggestions?

Hard mode: [spoiler]No Stax[/spoiler]

I'll give you the argument if it means that much to you, but these headphones are still s(c)hi(i)t

Sennheiser HD600.

it's been established that HD6xx are the best headphones you can get for $200

Schiit don't make headphones

>dynamicshit
lolno

>under 100
Use an parametric equaliser animefriendo. Nothing in that price bracket is worth your money and has those features

Why buy a 6XX when hifiman exists?
The 4 series (4XX, 400s and 400i) are all better phones in my opinion, specially considering the better low end and more fun sound signature.