>Excited, I took nothing but programming classes
>Finish them all by early 2015
>Okay, now for the other stuff
>Take bio, physics, chem, Spanish
>Plus other mandatory classes and electives
>2019
>Graduating this term
>Haven't touched code since 2015
>Don't remember shit, I can't even get a hello world program to compile from scratch without looking in my book
>Senior capstone is a 400 level class where I have to put together a massive showcase of my knowledge
What the fuck do I do? I can't just use stackoverflow or khan academy to pass this stuff, it's done in class only and it's really fucking hard and has strict guidelines

Attached: kqfsvofo7pz01.png (1094x575, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XoSllabxqiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is US curriculum so retarded?

Why did it take 7 years and why do you need bio physics and chem for a computer degree

>mandatory electives that have nothing to do with your field
Try a non-shit uni

>>Take bio, physics, chem, Spanish
are you sure you're in uni and not high school?

I worked so some terms were part time
and those are just the requirements for my degree, i needed 24 credits in lab sciences

youtube.com/watch?v=XoSllabxqiQ

Why do American CS students have to take such BS courses?
Btw. Jarvis is a huge fag.

you spent seven years in uni? you're an idiot.

I considered myself a fool for spending one year at university. Image someone who wasted seven.

I've spent over six and accomplished nothing.

I spent almost 10 years in uni, didn't hurt me.

You fucks wanna talk career suicide? I started uni learning medicine, dropped out, went to engineering, completed two and a half years, dropped out and graduated in journalism

What do you do for work?

hola amigo como tu estas

apu don't do it don't die

>journalism
learn to code

Unemployed at the moment (what a shocker). My last job was with consulting, didn't go far because the company was shit. Before that I coordinated a team in migrating a website for the national confederacy of industries of my country. The pay was great, even though it had fuck all to do with journalism

That's nothing, i started college at 18 in Economics then switched to Finance, then said fuck it i think i like engineering, im almost 22 years now and i didn't pass a single subject in any course of any degree i persued, neither i was able to stay until the end of a course i always dropped it in like half of it.

>graduated in journalism
wait, journalists went to school?

Depends on the country. Funny enough you don't need a degree to be a journalist where I live, but I still have one lol. I like politics a lot and have a respectable knowledge on the matter, but there are no jobs in covering it

>did computer science degree
>got job straight out of uni
>typical ruby/rails webdev work but employer was supportive of my lack of exp and learned loads
>next job was Java/C++ mostly, working with map data, learned loads
>next job was mostly C++ with odds and ends knowledge to get shit working, military simulation, fascinating area to work in

that's how you do it OP, stop fucking around with education and get your foot in the employment door, even if it's not where you want to be

Attached: 1365363333566.gif (269x268, 1.86M)

Good job, user. This is exactly how I'm planning my career at the moment. Currently part-time ruby-on-meme dev, and learning C++.

>10 years
Why?
And who paid for it?

Attached: JuliaMaid.png (306x600, 70K)

I did al lot of stuff on the side. Personal projects, freelancing, even joined a startup.

I lived in Germany, so university was almost free. I paid rent and so on with the money I made as a programmer.

godspeed user, I wish the best for you

Attached: pretty good amount of real life.gif (245x180, 920K)

What use was programming if you had no fun with it? Proof is that you didn't program anything for yourself in 4 years. You never tried to improve.

Hola Mundo