leave mouse alone

based.
But there's still people taking i3 or even awesome as their tiling wm

I'm tired of seeing you on every new "trendy" distro

i am not the mouse

xfeces

awesome is just less anal than dwm but is still anal
i3 is masterrace

I don't see the problem, it hits a very good spot between being lightweight and customizable. Other DEs like Plasma, GNOME, Cinnamon, etc have a much higher bloat-to-functionality ratio. WMs are for neets.

what's the problem with xfce?

teh mousu deskop

Attached: 846f4ab96129c7fbefb752ec21353ff2e2b4fafe.png (800x1184, 935K)

slow dev. process.
I think the are all hobbyists so that's partly the reason it's slow.
I have used xfce for years, and still use it on my desktop, but the new version is taking forever to get released and right now when you compare to other DE, it starts to lack of features, and basic things are a pain to setup properly.
I think I'll ditch it for something else soon. I'll try it again when they'll release major improvements.

I can't disagree with any of that, having used it for a few years. I've more or less gotten used to the lack of features and worked ways around it. I might do some DE hopping and see what feels right.

Cinnamon used to be okay back when I used it in debian and arch, but for some reason it had its issues. I should try and see if they still fix cinnamon by holding updates on mint or if they actually try to fix their DE instead.

Yeah I had weird stability issues like 4~ years ago and stayed with XFCE ever since. I'll give it a go again some time later.

What features are you lacking? It literally just has a few bugs and issues which can all be fixed if they get more devs.
The only inconvenience I can think of that I'd call a lack of features is being able to select default apps for filetypes. Mime editor doesn't count because it's inconvenient as fuck and doesn't group filetypes together. Xfce already lets you select the default browser, file manager and terminal. Cinnamon gives more options like music player and video player.

LXDE should get more attention and feedback

Could be worse. Could be gnome.

managing shortkey is a pain in the ass and sometimes barely works. Simple example, you can't combien key without launching the menu at the same time.
Then it's a lot of really small stuff that are available on other DEs. I think they should make various profile available, one empty so people can do whatever they want, and one or two configure a lot of stuff by default.

It's actually the opposite desu, even lubuntu doesn't use lxde anymore.

Fuck you.

Openbox master race

Zdr Kondarev

why

I don't like mices

>much higher bloat-to-functionality ratio
>Plasma
Plasma uses a similar amount of RAM while having way more features.

I like xfce
But I use KDE on my most powerful machine

BASED
redpilled

>not just binding the capslock to open the app menu

Remembering ordering per folder in Thunar.
Also creating a new document from right click doesn't work right now and devs have no idea why.

Works on Mint desu.
>Remembering ordering per folder in Thunar.
Pic related, Xfce is very underfunded. I expect 4.14 to be the last Xfce version. It's unfortunate that time and money is being wasted to develop shit DEs like pantheon, lxqt and unity.

Attached: State of xfce in 2018.png (1080x196, 52K)

lol at these fucking hipsters with their tiling WM's. it's 2019 kids. we have desktop environments.

Don't talk shit about my glorious rodent DE.
It does exactly what I want and otherwise gets out of the way.

Fuck you

Why? It’s deprecated

>The one developer of Xfce browses Jow Forums
Explains everything desu

no fuck you leatherman

But if I use a desktop environment, how will I feel superior on Jow Forums?

what the fuck is the point of xfce? just use iceWM or jwm if you want a standard but lightweight desktop. they're both lighter in every single way compared to xfce

IceWM is a pain in the ass to properly configure

iceWM is incredibly easy to configure thanks to all the comments in the preferences file. the only tedious part I can think of is customizing a theme but most people don't do that

xfce is the best DE

Attached: 1337669995998.png (416x525, 247K)

Is it even fully ported to GTK3 yet?

>fuck xfce
Hey, speak nice about dead things!
RIP Xfce.
Anyway, most of the people moved to Cinnamon anyway.

FVWM
V
W
M

FLAT DESIGN BTFO

Attached: Openbsd61_desktop.png (1024x768, 44K)

Uh, far from it on stable (4.12). I don't really know what the status on 4.13/4.14 is.

>using LITERAL alphabet agency software

worst configuration syntax ever

i'd rather use twm. i'd use it if it supported fullscreen programs

what do you mean ?

>In 1993, during his work analyzing acoustic signatures for the United States Department of Defense, Robert Nation began hacking twm with the intent of simultaneously reducing memory usage and adding support for virtual desktops.

>Already known for his rxvt terminal emulator, Nation worked on reducing the memory consumption of his new window manager. Deciding to test FVWM's reception, on June 1, 1993, he bundled it with a rxvt release.

kek it's open-source and used by default on OpenBSD
I fully trust it

it still has screen tearing in 2019. other des are tear fear but xfce. it has been fixed or will fixed in the recent xfwm

Enjoy your screen tearing

OPENBSD CONFIRMED BOTNET. I will start shitposting about this immediately.

>what is compton

>2019
>not using emacs as your wm.
exwm

>muh compton
Doesn't solve the problem, also...

Attached: chrome_ZWFlo6NFIe.png (1225x803, 107K)

enable tear-free in your xorg.conf.d
you're shit out of luck if you use nvidia

Attached: works_on_my_machine_mug.jpg (460x460, 21K)

i puked

can't fix what isn't broke! :)

>tear fear
WHAAAAAAT?!

sure

Attached: chrome_Dc9MSNa0Nb.png (187x63, 2K)

>have to install extra software instead of working out of the box
read as /tir/ /fer/ :^)

XFCE and KDE are the best DEs. However I prefer KDE whenever I have the resources (e.g. ram) to use it.

XFCE is comfy, its only downside personally is lack of easy fractional scaling. That's where KDE comes in.

Behead all those who insult the Mouse.

Xfce is perfectly fine, and would probably be my choice if I had to use a full DE. I did use it for a while and never had the tearing issues people always meme about. Thunar, Mousepad, xfce terminal, and the Whisker Menu are great for what they are, too. Ristretto and Parole are trash though and the devs really should drop them in favor of actual good software. The level of customizability is fantastic too.

All in all though, I find Openbox on its own to be a lot more comfortable and less effort to use

Turn off compositor
fixed

github.com/yshui/compton
This guy is modernizing compton. Give it a try

qt

fuck you

You must have Templates folder in your root directory with empty files you want to create docs for

Just use SpaceFM

Why the fuck are you using a buggy abandonware when the Xfce compositor works since 4.13?

Works ootb on Mint.

Agreed about the media players. They should just pull mpv or VLC and audacious.

Just use WindowMaker

no

Never got xfce to properly work with with a fresh install. Sometimes it doesn't load themes, other times it doesn't even boot and 144hz doesn't work with the default compositor. My favorite is budgie, it just werks and looks good

XFCE is my favorite DE. KDE is bloated garbage, as is GNOME. MATE is okay. I'm too much of a brainlet for tiling wms.