Android Emulation on AMD CPU

I am aware that begging for help is not welcome, but I have tried everything available around (Google, stackoverflow...) and nothing works.
I am unable to emulate any x86 Android image. My CPU is a 2600x Ryzen, and I am doing this on Windows 10.
I have tried everything, followed every guide. And there is simply no configuration that works. Intel's HAXM doesn't work, Windows Hypervisor Platform doesn't work, Hyper-V doesn't work, changing BIOS settings doesn't work. I'm just mentioning them because people tend to not fucking check anything, but I actually did.

A few months ago I had problems running 64-bit VMs on VirtualBox. They would not start. I had to disable some ""features"" Windows 10 introduced on an update (virtualization-based security or some crap like that). After removing them VBox runs perfectly fine.
So that is also discarded.

Now, arm64 images do work (ignoring the performance problems), the problem is that Google seems to be no longer providing arm64 images, and the latest one is from Nougat (API 25).

I would switch to debugging on my phone, but it can't run anything above that either. I have looked into this Genymotion thing (an emulation provider), but you have to pay even for the desktop version.

Any ideas?

Attached: wojak.jpg (427x758, 166K)

>Emulation
>AMD
Pick one
Also VirtualBox is complete dog shit. And so is Hyper-V.
Start by using a proper hypervisor.

>android on x86
But why? Also have you tried bluestacks?

Bluestacks looks like bloat. But I might try to resort to that...
>android on x86
Tell that to Google. They are not providing arm64 images anymore, as I explained. This is the reason I am stuck with API 25 (the last one)

The only conclusion is that I am forced to develop on Linux. According to many sources it will work fine. Fucking Windows I swear...

Torvalds wins again.

Attached: 1554304523450.png (2048x2048, 804K)

Android emulator works fine on my threadripper.

pcsx2 and bluestacks work just fine on my ryzen 5 1600

How are you so ignorant? Go install bluestacks or nox and call it a day.
>Emulation
>Any Intel haswell or older
>pick one
Thats what you're saying because my 2600 outperforms my i5-4570 in almost everything and even CEMU has AMD updates now and wiiU games run at 1080poo/60, not that I really want to play any more of them (already finished XCX, W101, BotW, and Pikmin 3)

Have you enabled virtualization in bios?
Also there's a separate version of virtual box for AMD, or so I heard.

Respond if you did or didn't and if it worked, this might make me decide if I'll buy zen2.

Yeah of course I did enable virtualization.
I don't know about that separate VBox version, but I am completely certain that my problems with that were being caused by Windows 10 and its "security features" which I had to disable using powershell (you can't remove them with any GUI). VBox now runs perfectly well.

Looked into it, and they seem to be running older versions of Android, and it doesn't even seem configurable. So it does not solve shit for me. What I need is a functional development environment, not a pseudoemulator for playing games.

Never had problems running VBox on my threadripper.
Also ldplayer is the fastest Android emulator IMO.

I run Ryzen. No problem with the Android dev kit it runs fine. But I'm on Linux... I think all the tools are supported better on Linux.

Yeah going Linux is what I will probably do. Time to switch back.
Using bluestacks as some here say is a non-solution.

>windows 10
>amd
>emulation
do I even have to say anything?

qemu/KVM emulates Android perfectly on Linux.

Install GNU+Linux.
Install Android development kit.
Everything just werks.

>do I even have to say anything?
SOPA MACACO

>using AYMD
>complaints about shit not working
Like pottery

It's a Windows problem, not an AMD problem.

This.

COMO TU DESCOBRIU

> After removing them VBox runs perfectly fine.
> So that is also discarded.
Use a different VM manager. VMWare player, for example.

What's wrong with VirtualBox? I used to prefer VMware but then they dropped Unity support for anything other than Windows on Windows, and VirtualBox added support for TRIM instantly shrinking the virtual disk as files are deleted instead of VMware's antiquated zero fill, shut down, shrink procedure.

I feel the same. And VMware is not free (not in the monetary, nor in the freedom sense). I am almost surprised that anyone here is recommending it.

This too. I was honestly sad to leave VMware though because Unity is technically superior to Seamless Mode. Unity splits virtual windows into separate things you can tab between the same as native windows in your host OS. VirtualBox just replaces the desktop background with transparent and maps the whole thing as one window. But Workstation 11 was the last version to support it for Linux hosts or Linux guests, and that version is slowly losing compatibility with current OSes.

Can you link the error message if it's showing one, and what video card do you use?

Install gentoo

i dont use bluestacks for games, i use pcsx2 for them

But you can't play Candy Crush in pcsx2

Bingo. This.

kill yourself, you retarded fuck

Attached: xesCEXv.png (420x403, 5K)

are you retarded?

Attached: 51162338_2295074737389930_2738668596166131712_n.jpg (474x474, 20K)

GTX 1070ti.
It's Error 1. "x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration". It's always the same error regardless of my computer's configuration.
For once that might be a good advice.
You tell me. Am I? Why?

Your options for the official Google emulator are Intel HAXM, Microsoft Hyper-V, or switch to Linux and use KVM.

Use linux retard, and check the Android emulation on amd by Google, they have a special thread on it
Jesus

>Hyper-V doesn't work
Then fix that. Or install Linux. Or wait for AMD support in HAXM.

>Thread about how AMD is worse than Intel for serious applications
>Derailed with heckoverflow tier "why do A, do B!"
As expected of/g/

>VirtualBox added support for TRIM
This is very interesting. How do I get to use this?

This. Emulating android on Winblows for a long time wasn't even supported, so now that it finally is it's no wonder it's still iffy. Never had any problems with it on Linux though.

>Emulating android on Winblows for a long time wasn't even supported
I meant on Winblows on AMD

> What's wrong with VirtualBox?
> A few months ago I had problems running 64-bit VMs on VirtualBox. They would not start. I had to disable some ""features"" Windows 10 introduced on an update (virtualization-based security or some crap like that)

No emulator worked, you fucking shill. It wasn't only VirtualBox. I literally explained that the problem was caused by Windows 10, and I did say so because I checked it.

No, you said there were problems with Virtualbox, which you solved by removing updates. You have provided no information on how these updates affected other software.

Disable folder isolation and ransomware protection. The disable hyper v on windows optional features.

Use vdi format. Check the box for non-rotational. Then edit the VM manually to add discard="true" for that disk. Yeah it's dumb and idk why they don't include it in the GUI yet, but at least it's possible unlike in VMware.

VirtualBox will fall back to pure software virtualization for 32 bit guests if hardware virtualization isn't available, but requires it for 64 bit guests. If your OS is already using the virtualization features of your CPU for a security function, VirtualBox can't use it since your host OS is already effectively in a VM that doesn't emulate these features. This will affect all virtualization solutions that use these features, and will make them fail in the same way as if you disabled virtualization in the BIOS.

I see, thanks user.
Is it an experimental feature yet?

I'm running VMs of Windows 7, Ubuntu, Manjaro and even Mac OS no problem on my 2700X OC'd, i've used the Android Studio's built in emulator too and it works great
You need to enable hardware virtualisation

Want the answer? Install Linux.

Why? You can fucking emulate Android on there cuz Linux has KVM and Windows doesn't.

Also

Windows is dogshit

I'm guessing it's experimental since it's not in the GUI and you have to edit the xml file yourself to activate it. But from my experience it works fine with any guest OS that supports TRIM on SSDs. The vdi disk file doesn't have to be on an SSD. VirtualBox just deallocates blocks from it when files are deleted.

Update your bios then enable svm (I think).
Android x86 emulation works for me on 2600 using hyper-v.
HAXM is intel only, but you don't need it.
Also, hyper-v and virtualbox work at different level, so if you enablr hyper-v then vb won't be accelerated and 32bit only.