Previous thread
>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: pikachupajama.png (481x554, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/manyoso/qt-creator-terminalplugin
stackoverflow.com/q/11828270/154762
community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/IgnoreRedirectGateway
unix.stackexchange.com/a/337675
github.com/grimfang4/sdl-gpu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/sqt/? More like /cute boy thread/

What is Jow Forums approved irc client for Microsoft Windows?

Going to install gnu/linux (Fedora) and Windows 10 on the same SSD. Bios or UEFI and why?

BIOS. UEFI is bloat.

Why have all of my Android devices been shit for music? Like overtime they accumulate a bunch of errors/hiccups in the music. And it's super fucking annoying.

Are the errors a software or hardware issue do you think? Since I get them both when the music is stored on the phone or on a micro SD, I'm guessing it's a software problem. But everyone just uses Spotify so almost no one has any knowledge on this subject.

How so? I hope this is not one of those
Old = good, new = bad syndromes

Music players do not inject "errors and hiccups" in to files.
You got shitty source quality.

I’m starting to believe I need to reinstall windows 10 because I get what I call ”shitting the bed” periods where the PC gets like 3-4 BSOD in a row with a different error each time and then stops. This has happened two times now.

What do I need to get after reinstalling? Drivers for the gpu obviously, bios for the motherboard? Anything else I forget? Never done this before, someone else did it for me.

the chipset drivers.

>bios for the motherboard
That's not part of the OS, and doesn't need to be touched anyway. You don't have to mess with any of that. Windows picks up everything automatically. Even the GPU is optional, especially if you don't need it for some recent game release. If you're really paranoid, you can open up device manager after your computer has had time to update and see if anything still has a yellow triangle next to it.

what are some alternatives to windows file explorer? preferably something that has an option to sort files by month.

Kind of. People get pissed at it because it has security features, and when poorly implemented it can make it hard to install secondary OSes. It can be worked with pretty easily though, and booting from GPT is mildly more resilient to certain types of corruption. It's also supposed to be more secure, but it has a long way to go. At any rate old school bios isn't default on anything anymore, and intel at least are going to stop including it as an option soon.

So I might aswell go with uefi? I'm going to do fresh install on both OS's.

Yeah, if you don't have a specific reason to avoid it.

Getting an cheap old laptop to tide me over until i can get something with a bit more power. I have a few sticks of ddr3 memory, which it supports, but the manufacture only officially supports up to 4 gb ram. Is there anything in particular that would prevent it from working with two 4gb sticks?

Is the work force less stressful than uni? I'm getting sick of 2-3 weekly deadlines and quizzes that I have to keep separate tabs on.

Attached: 1554144535247.png (897x720, 175K)

yes, as long as you don't work in a retarded company

Someone give a (You) pls

(You)

@70424792

the memory bandwidth on your chipset or CPU (I don't remember which)

Not really Jow Forums but does anyone know what the graphs/diagram which have lots of points bounded by equal space between them?

never mind I found it

Brainlet here, I'm trying to compile a plugin for qtcreator and it tells me that I need to specify where the source directory of qtcreator is, but I have no idea where that could be. This line include($$QTCREATOR_SOURCES/src/qtcreatorplugin.pri) lead me to try to find that file, but it's nowhere to be found on my system so I'm at a loss here. Does anyone know where that folder is?

Also, here's the plugin just in case you want to take a look at it: github.com/manyoso/qt-creator-terminalplugin

What would be a good format to convert a bunch of outdated .rtf files without losing formatting?

PDF if you no longer need to edit them.

how do i exit fstab

fstab is a file, how did you open it?

Is there any way to disable receiving phone calls temporarily on android while keeping data on?

I get phone harassed frequently and I'd just like to use my phone in peace.

HTML unless you want to keep page information.

He probably opened it with vi.

stackoverflow.com/q/11828270/154762

vim /mnt/etc fstab

Sounds like you need the qtcreator source code installed.

You mean that I have to install qtcreator from source instead of from apt?

It just means you need the source files and then create the environment variables pointing to it as it states in the readme.
So download it, put it anywhere, create the environment variables, run build again.

>be me
>regularly play osrs and /v/scape
>landlord doesn't pay internet bill because she's a bum
>no internet, no infinite phone data
>spare laptop, spare router
>am technologically and kind of actually retarded
>how to home server for ultimate ironmeme runescape

Does your rental agreement state that the rent includes internet?
If not, just get your own?

It was essentially a verbal basement rental agreement and I pay in cash because I'm retarded. Not sure if I can just overstep her contract to pay for service in her house though

Ah ok, got it. Now it's complaining about a file from qtermwidget5 missing. I guess I need to repeat the same process right?

Seems like you need to fix some other issues first.

Anyway, if available you can just get a LTE connection
At least here they are pretty cheap.

What site can provide me with a fake phone number so that I use it to verify my outlook account? Fuck you microsoft, fucking cunts.

I have an OpenVPN config that I need to connect to for an internal VCS on the uni intranet, but OpenVPN routes ALL the traffic without any granular control, which I don't want to be happening.
Is my only option running QEMUpuppy in a VM, setting up a SOCKS proxy in that VM and proxify on a per application basis?
It's kind of frustrating how OpenVPN does this.

community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/IgnoreRedirectGateway

What's the typical memory cell size? I have a textbook that says it's a byte however on Wikipedia it says it's one bit?

Anyone know what this means and how do fix it. I'm wondering if its causing performance issues. I'm on Debian testing but I had the same messages on stretch before upgrading. I have looked on the internet and can't find much info or solutions

Attached: IMG_20190404_175305.jpg (3840x2160, 991K)

how the fuck so i remove these auto completes from Firefox Android?

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-195710.png (1080x1920, 89K)

The reference manual for pull-filter doesn't really say exactly what this does, so can you tell me? Does it make the VPN a lower priority device the OS looks for when trying to make a connection?

What is the best way to organize a large amount of music on a micro SD card or any storage for that matter?
>Folder for every letter
>Folder for every artist
>Dump every album into one big mess

Hide and sage this thread
OP:

the ignore redirect-gateway makes it so it ignores server pushed routes.
if your unis server says it should redirect all traffic through that, then it ignores it.
but you have to manually route the uni ips through the vpn now, so you have to add them to your config.

it seems like you can also just allow a specific route now.
unix.stackexchange.com/a/337675
which might be easier.

are there still SSDs that don't drop to 200mb/s write after a few seconds or does everyone just lie now?

Interesting, the VCS's IP is 10.8.0.5 according to nslookup, however I can't connect to it with pull-filter accept "route 10.8.0."
pull-filter ignore "route" but pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway works perfectly and according to my browser my public IP didn't change either.

Use proper tagging and a player that reads it
Folders:
/Root/Artist/$YEAR-$ALBUM

Meh. Avoid shitty QLC.

What is the best windows os for gaming? I just bought a new pc and want my laptop to just have Steam installed.

Windows.

Is there a way to download a tool snapchat that isnt firefox from mozilla without having to spend 10 hours using hg?

8, 10, some stripped down distro? I don't have much experience with wangblows anymore

what type of memory?

Whats the consensus on SteamOS?

10's compatible with everything. High resolution scaling, HDR, Xbox crossover games, DX12. No downside as far as gaming goes, except maybe compatibility with a few REALLY old games. Go with Education edition if you're pirating.

Thanks so much my man!

Trying to use hydrus.
I've imported ~10,000 images, no duplicates exist.
I saved the session and then closed the client, it did a 5 minute maintence on the database. I opened the clietn again and loaded the "files" page.
It is missing over 4000 images from the inital set i imported. i add the files again, it says "all in db already".
Where are my 4000 pictures going?
I clicked the "system:everything" option and it is still missing all the pics.
Whats going on? The files still exist in my filesystem aswell, i didnt have the "delte source files on import" checked.

absolute brainlet question incoming, but help me out please.
I made a C project in Microsoft Visual Studio and I want to give it to someone else to see my work. How do I do that? If i give only the .cpp file it doesn't work. The other person doesn't have VS installed,only Codeblocks if it matters. What file do I need to give? How do I make an EXE file or something? The project runs in a console window.

Assuming I already have a monitor plugged into my GPU, what happens if I attach a second one to my mobo and CPU without integrated graphics? I'm guessing that won't work?

How do I learn basic computer skills like editing the registry, setting up your own network parameters etc? I learned some of that when I was a kid but stopped after I fucked my pc due to some tinkering.
Most importantly, is there a more informal way to learn it, not relying on books? I think the academic approach sucks the enjoyment out of it. I really want to learn more about these kinds of "structural" stuff, but I have no idea where to start

Attached: 1365322676382.jpg (837x736, 72K)

Does anyone have that image of Elliot Alderson from Mr. Robot edited with the really large, blown-up eyes. There was also a variation where it was edited so his lips were stretched out really wide. I had them before, but I don't know where they are now. Pic related is the original unedited.

Attached: mrrobot_s2_cast_rami-malek2.jpg (629x720, 51K)

I have this one

Attached: 1496970343267.jpg (2000x2000, 315K)

I reinstalled windows 10 and the fucking nvidia control panel is gone. It's missing. I downloaded nvidia experience, got the latest driver, right click and there's only experience and no control panel. What the fuck is going on? Please help.

I've been having a problem with games 'freezing' lately. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it, but I'm pretty sure it's happening when games load in assets. It's happened frequently when opening the map/getting notified when a new region has been discovered in far cry 5, and has also happened when moving on to the next level in risk of rain 2. I've noticed that right before it happens textures will be extremely blurry and the background audio will cut out. When I alt tab out of the game and click anywhere on the taskbar, the taskbar will freeze up and I won't be able to do anything. Any other open application will work fine, but I won't be able to open anything else. Sometimes it will unfreeze on its own, and other times I'll have to restart my pc. Does anyone have any idea of what might be going wrong?

Solved, uninstalled drivers with DDU and reinstalled with experience, control panel shows up. I have no idea what the hell this was about but there was obviously some fuckery going on.

I am mostly around very smart people nowadays and I find it easy to talk to them about technical stuff. However when I have to explain things to stupid people I have a really hard time staying patient. And I dont only mean "new" people to programming that is not necessarily a problem but I mean people who are actually not smart.

They ask me a question and when I explain to them the context of how it works they just dont get it. Even very fucking basic things, and I just dont know how to keep patient when I have to repeat the same shit with different words 10 times before they somewhat get it. Sometimes it seems like they wont ever grasp the bigger picture and I shouldnt even try.

How do you handle those people ? I really want to be patient but frankly it just feels like a huge waste of my time at work to even try and explain that shit if they dont grasp the basics. I am dedicated to what I do and work hard to help the team move forward and it just seems like a drag.

Anyone?

well yeah, for the most part you just learn by fucking around.

>have shitty old tablet
>its slow and sluggish
how can i make it more responsive? its a "wolder mitab"

This a filthy pirate problem, back when I wanted to download some hentai VNs, a Jow Forums guide mentioned to never download these portable, already "installed" ones. The ones where you just unzip and go. It said it can cause problems because it's not properly installed.

Does this apply to regular games? Some smaller indie games you can only find on the net this way, I don't really have a choice. Other than buying it.

Are shotas invading Jow Forums?

Is there a difference between C and C++ sockets, or is just the same library?

Why are quadcopters a thing, but not tricopters?
Shouldn't 3 rotors be enough to move/rotate in any direction?

Attached: 1554395465509.jpg (2048x1152, 309K)

They are a thing.
Quadcopters are just more popular because they're easier to fly.

Alright, just installed Arch on a vmware Workstation Player virtual machine, everything working fine, i3-gaps and all the bells and whistles.

Except I have no audio. I unmuted it using alsamixer but I still have no audio. Anyone have any clue what's up with that?

Hey there mates, I'm learning c++ and I just switched from a simple makefile setup on loonix to visual studio on winblows. I finally figured out and understood how dynamic linking and static linking work and also tried it out with SDL. Now I want to use a library called SDL_gpu and would like to statically link it, the github project is easy to use on loonix but I don't quite understand how I can compile it to a static libraty/get lib files to statically link it via visual studio. Can some of you mates enlighten the peasant I am.

is a c library

I suppose my question is pretty stupid, so here it goes:

I have a x32 Windows XP PC with VMware Player. I want to run Linux in VM with Skype on it (no audio or video is needed, just text) and browser - nothing else is needed on that system really. Don't ask "why" - I'm just sick in the head.
PC is old - 2 Gb RAM, CPU E5700 3 GHz. I can't allocate more than 512 Mb on VM. For now I'm planning to install Bodhi, but my question - maybe there is better distro for this?

Attached: 1.jpg (281x327, 14K)

In the project properties, change the linker input dependencies to the library

Win10 fag here, what would be the best way to make every program/app I use have a "dark theme" mode?
I have persistent eye floaters which become really noticeable when I'm trying to read text against a light background.

Attached: 1_1280.png (800x800, 237K)

Are there any repercussions to using a power cord that has different ratings than the device it is connected to? Specifically ampere and voltage, can either or both of them be higher or lower without issue?

it's a github project, so basically just a bunch of headers and cpp files and I would like to get the lib files or am I the one missing something here?

you can enable dark mode and dark explorer, but unless 3rd party programs have one too you can't.

You already have a static library? In that case you add the .h file as additional include in C/C++ settings and the .lib file in the linker settings.

The process is really the same for a .dll (which will come with a .lib), only then you have to put the .dll into the folder where your .exe is too.

ah were talking past each other.
the problem is that I don't have a DLL nor lib files, basically just the pure source I got from the github repo

github.com/grimfang4/sdl-gpu

I think you make a sub project and build it into a library in that case (set the properties to static lib). Then use the library in the main project.

depends on the motherboard

I made a horrible mistake:
I did hotplug a HDD that was supposed to be Linux, turned out to be windows. How do I tell if I got infected by any nasty thing from it?

Attached: 1552359824120.jpg (1024x1024, 150K)

So you have those files and in the end you want to link them into your .exe file?

You can create a solution with your code and just add the source files into your project, then just include them normally.

Or you can make a separate project with only the library code. Then under general settings change the configuration type to static library and compile it.
If the code was written for Linux it might not work though or you mightt have to change a few small things.
After you built your lib do this

ah alright, I think I got it. Thanks mates

You got infected, yes. See - some malicious program attached a furry image to your post