Kaspersky Ban

What does Jow Forums think of Trump's ban Kaspersky products?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspersky_Lab#Bans_and_allegations_of_Russian_government_ties

Is it merely because of all those NSA malware takedowns? Does that make Kaspersky the best of the best when it comes to malware/virus detection and eradication?

Attached: 486652-kaspersky-security-cloud.png (810x456, 23K)

Giving a Russian company beholden to the Russian government administrative access to US government machines is fucking retarded, and it's amazing the ban didn't happen sooner.

What is really amazing is that there's a ban required. You'd think a fucking massive government entity would have its own proprietary hardware and software built in-house from the ground up. I know some of it is for the ultra high level shit, but holy hell there's always some moron installing shit on government PCs because he's a legit tard. Like one of the local government building here had a dump of USB thumbdrives in the parking lot. Of course all of them were filled with malware that activated the instant you plugged it into any unsecured windows PC. Of course like 20 people from the building did that very thing on their office PCs.

Time to switch to Kaspersky.

what amazes me is that there's no "curiosity" PC in most office environments intended solely for plugging in strange flash drives

I would have assumed, especially in a government building, that there would at least one sandboxed/airgapped system for testing

there probably is but it's even more likely that people aren't told about it because they'd constantly pester someone to use it and just dick around instead of working
as though government workers don't dick around instead of working anyway

Who else using kaspery/huawei now

>they'd constantly pester someone to use it and just dick around
this is why that machine, or even a whole honeynet of similar machines, should be solely managed by the security department. you find a flash drive in the parking lot, drop it off to IT security. I hate how most employees don't understand this concept

lol you’re crazy user. imagine the most tech illiterate boomers in the world. Now put them all in an office together. That’s what an average government office is like.

retards

Based Kaspersky

Only smart people, retards should remember how Kaspersky was the only AV that wasn't vulnerable to most of Vault 7 exploits, and that they promptly patched all of them when they became public, unlike (((western))) products

I know exactly what it is like and you have no clue.

No, the first thing that happens is that it is treated as though it is a bomb filled with something really bad like anthrax or whatever is hip to terrorize with these days. You are not supposed to pick it up at all. Instead, you call security and they have people who go through a dozen hoops before it would ever be plugged into a computer of any kind, if ever.

What amazes me is the fact that they even still use Windows. I mean, the U.S. government was the one that came up with SELinux, and you'd think that government agencies would want something with a little more security than off the shelf Windows systems.

>I know exactly what it is like and you have no clue.
that user is right. old boomers are fucking useless - universal fact. you don't know shit, faggot.
> you'd think that government agencies would want something with a little more security than off the shelf Windows systems.
> proceed to use off-the-shelf linux distros
interesting

i ban Kaspersky`s shit long time begore Trump.

>SELinux

Why would other government agencies use it? It is an NSA thing only. Using it means you lube up and bend over.

>Using it means you lube up and bend over.
do you even know what SELinux is?

> What does Jow Forums think of Trump's ban Kaspersky products?
I think you should go back.

Just another case of Trump having to fix Obama's naive mistakes.

Here in Ukraine, after Russian military aggression all russian social networks, propaganda movies, Yandex, Kaspersky and other trash like that are banned and it's awesome. Didn't know that someone use this Mongol kgb shit in civilized countries.

I think that the reason that was given for banning it is bullshit. At least be honest about the situation and handle the affair with a little tact. People depend on that product's survival in order to receive a paycheck every week.

I don't really care but it's hilarious how this thread is turning out. On one hand they patch vault 7 exploits on the other they are made in Russia. To me free trade trumps the KGB argument though because people like to gargle with government semen and the consumer matters more.

All of these idiots in the tech media talking out their ass's about "US Government Top Secret Cyber Weapons" being found by the Israeli's in Kaspersky's servers, really demonstrates what a fucking joke the intelligence levels in this country are.If I let Windows Defender take samples from my ShadowBrokers file, will that earn Microsoft the same condemnation that Kaspersky received?

>You are not supposed to pick it up at all
this is what I find retarded, because someone even more retarded will come along after that, pick it up, and plug it in. if you find a flash drive in the parking lot it should be your fucking *duty* to take it to IT personally

Yes goyim use Israeli produced and amerikike programs instead. Much more trustworthy.

Fuck western kike filth. I'll use chink and Russian stuff over jew riddled garbage any day.

Americunts are fucking stupid and have Israeli dick 5 inches down their throat. I hate this fucking countries philosemitism.

Kaspersky still cant find out this one. no virus scanner has. It's NSA

Attached: wtfisthisciabullshit.png (1809x683, 99K)