/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy A90 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_002 (1).jpg (3840x2160, 507K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5google.com/2019/04/04/palm-phone-standalone-android/
xda-developers.com/foxconn-scaling-back-mobile-business-manufacturer/?fbclid=IwAR3kq2H1gCYZIjmjUJizS-3kvbbUxp_IDOmpED0UuTmy0IRJnzR4Y6ThsXA
youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo
youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg
warosu.org/g/image/HPtTAbyG9fUAL2PPEEHOcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>still waiting for a phone I like to drop from 399 to 299

Attached: 4c885af1.jpg (640x466, 42K)

Attached: Galaxy A90 (2019) - First Look & Introduction! (1).webm (1280x720, 1.32M)

Attached: 1497217261379.png (570x668, 247K)

>A slider alone is simply not weak and prone to break enough
>Let's put a camera rotator on it as well!

>WE STOPPED USING HARDWARE KEYBOARDS BECAUSE MUH MOVING PARTS ARE SO LE FRAIL
>make this
jesus fuck i fucking hate the jews, gooks, chinks and pajeets that make up the entire phone industry

It's just samshit being really bad at copying everything the other companies put out.

>technology forum
>"smartphone general"

Attached: 1431905714065.jpg (611x404, 39K)

attention manlets:
>Palm Phone can now be purchased as a standalone Android phone for $199
9to5google.com/2019/04/04/palm-phone-standalone-android/

Attached: Capture82.png (575x609, 361K)

Thoughts on iPhone XI design based on its back panel?

Attached: 6f82140fly1g1qnngyykmj20sy140qn0.jpg (1042x1440, 721K)

looks terrible

Attached: 29254-47003-Apple-iPhone-XI-Renders-Cover-l.jpg (660x338, 18K)

What a based design, can't wait until Xiaomi releases something like this

I bet that wireless coil is getting shafted so the competition can't profit off their incompetence.

I heard you like screens

Attached: mGoDHFA83zA4mVbC4uKiAP-1200-80.jpg (1200x825, 64K)

>can cover the camera completely

>here's your OP7T bro

>big anime eye

actually looks pretty interesting. i only need phone for messaging, browsing every now and then, good camera, 2fa app. would like to see this made by samsung or lg or sth. still dont trust palm

No headphone jack nooooooooo care

I heard you liked notches

Attached: Untitled-design-1-1.jpg (1000x465, 97K)

What's a good phone with
>Android One or solid OEM updates
>no bezels
>good camera
>300€ or less

I like the Galaxy S10e a lot but it costs 600€
It started at 800€ a month ago though so at this rate maybe I can afford it by June

Attached: 1365812965578.jpg (411x292, 17K)

Is it bad that I unironically want something like this?

I had a Nokia N70 back in 2005 or so
The slidey mechanism was solid as fuck and never once became flimsy or loose in years of use.

I still would never buy a phone with moving parts ever again, every time I pulled it out of my pocket the thing would slide and launch the camera app

>Bottom camera

Attached: 1512523993318.jpg (1200x1123, 126K)

Believe it or not, last night I dreamed that my phone's screen slided to the side. It was horrific.

Yes it is.

Nokia 7 Plus, Pocophone, Mi Mix 2S, Redmi Note 7/7 Pro, Galaxy A50

>Yo dog

Attached: oppo-telefoon-pop-up-display.jpg (1440x950, 77K)

That kinda looks cute, like a little commie robot peeking to spy on you.
Mi9 SE should be within your price and is supposed to receive a global version soon. Nokia 7 plus if you want android One and can't wait. In any case avoid the S10e, the euro version is a trainwreck

Whats the best mid iPhone? 7 plus, 8, 8 plus?

Wow this was funny when the G1 was released, a bit less funny wjen the Nexus 1 and later 5 came out, and with Ubuntu Mobile and Firefox OS dying out, so did that joke.
Are you seriously typing on a fucking hardshell IBM laptop that I had when I was 12, and thinking you're a real "nerd" or some other quirky /v/ shit?
Literally all technology you're hopefully using now, would not have been possible if not for manufactorers constantly having to downsize potent technology; it's basically what also happened with conductors, the precursors making your irreverant shitposting possible.
Phones are the epitome of technology, and the frontier of Linux and developing, new software. You're as archaic and deprecated as the shitty tilling window manager you probably use on an overpriced homebuild or shit off-hand laptop, all for the sake "Efficiency™", and then finally wondering why we're calling you retarded for basically calling the peak of consumer technology, not technology.
Please go back to your battlestation threads, or just yeet yourself,

6s the last good iPhone

XR

Last phone I bought was an OP2 back in 2015. Love the thing but it's starting to show its age.
What's the equivalent cheap-but-good chinkshit phone today?

OP6, Pocophone

>XR
LOL

This is a smartphone general, not dumbphone general.

Gotta be the poco

How good does the Pixel 2 hold up today? Will it last me another few years?
I've hear that the Pixel phones come with a completely clean Android and generally have better support than other companies...

Attached: 1522940882861.jpg (250x201, 25K)

I mainly just want a hidable camera....

What do you mean "hidable"? If it introduces even more moving mechanical parts, then it's not really practical, is it?

Get a note 8
You can't top it for the price
they're $375 or less

Mix 3 is magnitudes better design than that shit.

I was looking at the poco a few months back, seems like really good value. Makes me wonder if I should wait for the F2.

What makes you think you'd get to choose how the camera is oriented? It's almost certainly motorized and has the camera pointing outwards at all times.

>You can't top it for the price
It will most likely stop getting anything past Android Pie and 3300 mAh isn't anything to write home about.

Go Oneplus, not Pixel, unless you're unrealistic(ally fucking dense), because a phone with OIS won't will have deprecating camera quality anyways, and for long term use, perfomance > quality.
The only other better things are wireless charging, which is shit, slow, stupid, and addable with a sticker, and really just fucking stupid, and speakers which will all sound terrible after 2 years anyways.

Coming from a long time Nexus user, if you buy a Pixel, you either really like notches, poor support and glitches, or you are really stupid. Or most likely you're a brand-whore like Applefags. You realise Google made the Nexus so it could the cleanest, fastest and most reasonably priced phone on the market. After the Nexus 6P and they cranked up Apple-style marketing, they've released nothing but corporate shit.

Seems like there really isn't any good 4 inch anymore. that palm phone would be nice except that its too expensive and too small. 4" with modern hardware with good camera would be goat. is there even any half-decent sub 5" phones around these days?

>is there even any half-decent sub 5" phones around these days?
XZ1/XZ2 Compact, iPhone 8

>about to pull the trigger on a Mi9
>this pops up
I guess the "you'll always wait for the next thing" meme applies here

Attached: Redmi-Pro-2.jpg (727x384, 30K)

>still Patiently waiting for Pixel Experience for Redmi Note 7

how many months does it usually take?

Listen, I hate the fuckhuge 6"+ phones as much as anybody else, but 4" is way too fucking small. Why would you want that?

>movable shit with motors
Never.

^

5.2 is best size. Fite me.

>It CAN'T be made/manufactured in china, taiwan, south korea, India or any place near those.
such a phone literally doesn't exist

>Should i try pixel again?
xda-developers.com/foxconn-scaling-back-mobile-business-manufacturer/?fbclid=IwAR3kq2H1gCYZIjmjUJizS-3kvbbUxp_IDOmpED0UuTmy0IRJnzR4Y6ThsXA
So much for your Pixel not being manufactured in China. Like the other person told you - such a phone literally doesn't exist.

>It CAN'T be made/manufactured in china, taiwan, south korea, India or any place near those.
I shit you not you'll have to order the parts (from China of course) and design and assemble one yourself.

A little small for me but not ridiculous. But sub 5"? Nah.

I've seen some talk about a small number of chinkphones not being compatible with certain carriers and that put me on the fence.
Is there a way to know if the phone I'm buying (haven't chosen yet) is compatible with my country's carriers?

I miss it, bros.

It was a big phone done right. Not like any of these modern abominations.

Attached: 23[1].jpg (1103x872, 469K)

So how does one escape the Asian/Indian botnet?

Kimovil, the link is in the OP

neck yourself, Jow Forumsturd

I like them big

Attached: MotoMoto2.jpg (295x530, 19K)

What other phones do this?

To everyone who recommends the Pocophone:
do you recommend it on the proviso that they install a custom ROM on it? Because not everyone wants to do that. Or do you think it's ok even to use vanilla?

But what botnet? Pixel phones have a selling point of being developer friendly. Just do that and use a custom ROM with microG. I'm beginning to suspect this is the case:

I love my XZ2
Will last me at least until Android R is released, then I will upgrade to the next 1 year old phone. Best strategy

>I miss it, bros.
I don't.
youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo
youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg

LineageOS

>do you recommend it on the proviso that they install a custom ROM on it?
On the what?

>6P

I'm using it vanilla, MIUI isn't bad at all. All I did is remove some of the bloat apps with ADB, took less than 5min to do that. No ads anywhere.

Honor Magic 2 and one of the Lenovo Z5 models, both not available in a global version, or sold globally, the latter being trash as well.
I'd always recommend a custom rom on any Xiaomi, they're still incompetent in that regard and while the stock is usable, chances are you'll run into some retarded bug sooner or later. If you like MIUI there's xiaomi.eu that does a much better job.

Galaxy S8 Active
>phone has a good amount of weight
>flat display
>4000mah
>sturdy enough to be /out/
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint)
>peak aesthetics: good amount of bezels without any gross notches or holes
>getting android 9 so you'll be running same experience as s10

Attached: 61Aj4FFSO3L.jpg (500x484, 66K)

>not available anywhere outside of the US
>locked bootloader
And yikes for you still spamming this.

stop spamming this shit every thread faggot
warosu.org/g/image/HPtTAbyG9fUAL2PPEEHOcA

The important question is: is it a game changer?

Is MIUI safe to use? I'm not talking gubbamint 'botnet', I'm talking literal keylogging and stealing your passwords and CC numbers etc? Either as part of the OS or some app they include in the OS?

>your alternatives for keyboard apps are
>swiftkey
>gboard

>both are logging your keystrokes.

Just buy a 3310 and be done with it. Seems like you also need a tinfoil hat to go along with them.

Says that guy that goes out of his way to respond to me with the exact same thing every thin everytime. There's still a lot of people that like the phone and want to hear about it. Filter me faggots or move on.
Unfortunately no as I doubt they'll make anymore active phones. However, the only game changers nowadays are popup cameras, notches, sliders, and holes in the screen so I don't think it's too big a deal.

>have new phone
>already want even newer phone
How to stop?

Just use a keyboard app you prefer with a firewall. Done.

no keyloggers or any shit like that, it's perfectly safe to use.

What app stores are there for pirated/cracked apps?

>There's still a lot of people that like the phone and want to hear about it
Not here apparently mister Sprint sales rep.

jesus fucking christ phone makers gotta stop

No keyloggers or such, Xiaomi has a better plan to make money than to steal CC data and it includes gaining your trust.

I'd say review the replies I have gotten but you'll just move the goalpost or cherrypick. Just go ahead and filter since you can't help but have a hate boner for me

Nice bullshit, but you can always use a custom ROM with microG since their devices are so developer friendly.

great phone you have there

Attached: Capture12.png (1493x3022, 303K)

Why and how do you get excited over the new products of an industry that hates you?

grow up

Damn, I really have you seething

hopefully nobody will fall for this piece of shit you're shilling. A phone so shit that it killed the whole Galaxy Active line.

Attached: Capture13.png (1453x5373, 732K)

What the fuck? I just gave you advice, how am I seething and what for?

Do you really have to hard reset every after Android update? ie: x.1 -> x.2

no?

Sorry dude meant for