Attached: Capture.png (830x816, 1023K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cAE6Wce9Pa8
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212E-20PK-R2-Direct-Contact/dp/B005O65JXI
amazon.com/CRYORIG-Tower-Cooler-Intel-CPUs/dp/B00S7YA5FQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But this smaller cooler has the same performance with only 120mm fans
How does Noctua DO IT?!

Attached: noctua_nh_u12a_1_2.jpg (3637x4464, 2.17M)

why not just put a fan directly on the chip?

What is with the color scheme though. Almost makes the fan blades look like edible chocolate.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (474x522, 21K)

four you

>Comes with the equipment needed to install it on Intel or AMD
>free screwdriver
Why are big coolers so based?

Attached: IMG_1161.png (1000x800, 602K)

Sterrox fans. Noctua's been working on A14x25 140mm Sterrox fans, in which case the NH-D15A will be back on top.

Fuck i just build this as my first bequiet product and im amazed. So easy to mount aswell.

>tfw college poorfag
>stuck with stock cooler and 9 year old case
some day

As opposed to inedible chocolate?

No I mean it makes it look like the actual fan is edible.

You do that.

>he doesn't have an edible fan

Tfw I have that same one. EATX a best.

SEXY

how about make a chip that is a fan?

That shit would melt.

Except it isn't better, doesn't clear the first PCI-E lane as well and is more expensive youtube.com/watch?v=cAE6Wce9Pa8

No regrets

Attached: IMG_20170712_105452-1856x1392_01.jpg (1238x1392, 478K)

I love be quiet. They've surpassed Noctua for me.

>99€/$
waaaaaaay to high priced even for the performance, ~60€ would be Max for an air-cooler for me desu

two words: surface area

Attached: 4U.jpg (292x300, 23K)

Just get a $30 tower cooler. It won't be as good as these big hunks of metal but it'll easily beat a stock cooler's buzzsaw sounding fan.

>lian li
they used to be the king of cases. i barely hear about them these days. what happened?

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212E-20PK-R2-Direct-Contact/dp/B005O65JXI

you're welcome.

they still make great cases but they are a bit expensive

Attached: 34019889_2184993404850953_4104676429193543680_o.jpg (1400x1027, 153K)

>that fan.
Fuck no, I had that on my 4690k and it still got hot as fuck with no OC. I bought into the water cooled maymay and got a H100 that keeps it much cooler. After looking at what noctua and be quiet has, might go back to a standard big boi cooler on my next tower.

shoo shoo shill

You probably just didn't apply paste correctly or something, that cooler is fine for about 125W

amazon.com/CRYORIG-Tower-Cooler-Intel-CPUs/dp/B00S7YA5FQ

go with this then

>great cases
>style over performance

Attached: 1549836036649.jpg (771x1080, 116K)

but they do everything you want in a case while looking good
whats the problem

>they do everything you want in a case
They most certainly don't. I want maximum cooling performance without spending hundreds at best on a custom loop, full modularity, and being able to fit more than 2 3.5" hard drives in it, there are like 3 cases on the market that fit that criteria. And lian li simply doesn't offer that.

>fell for the noctua meme afte my aio h100v2 died
>30 idle 60 under load
Is mine broken? I have a 30$ that out performs this shit.

Or Hasklel based chips have terrible thermals compared to any other Intel chip around it's time

Nah, I'm good for now.

Okay, humour me, user. Which cooler at that price point does that, and at what temperatures?

you applied it wrong you mongoloid.

i dont think you know what full modularity means user
there isnt a single case that offers such utility

mastercase m5 was so modular you could buy a mounting solution for another ATX mb to cram inside of it.

>retard doesn't know that you still need thermal paste if the cooler doesn't come with any pre-applied

For you.

Really I'm the first to say it?

Cooler master 212 heat sink
I did apply the paste, thought I didn't do it right when I saw the temps and completely reinstalled everything

Fgot, 24 idle 45 load

Those fans are way better that s how

>applying the paste wrong twice
you might be retarded

There are cases that you can strip down to literally a frame of 12. I own one of those. I can literally take the damn thing completely apart. I can put in another motherboard bracket if I want. I can put in different side, top, bottom, front or back panels. It's as modular as you can get.

I see Noctua shills have clocked in

unironically check gaymurs nexus article for that case, it's really good m8

still not modular user. semi-modular, sure but true modular is non-existent

How does the noctua d15 or the be quiet dark rock pro compare to the various popular all in one water coolers?
Some friends are trying to shill water cooling to me, but I'm thinking of sticking with big heatsinks and air cooling if it cools just as well while being quieter.

>For you.

>How does Noctua DO IT?!
They literally just make the fans run faster. That's it :^)

Watercooling has a higher bar for performance meaning you can push it more but they have a chance to fail, leak, and are also just plain loud over air cooling. Also, water cooling takes more time to get to a normalized temp because the water takes time to equally heat up. Only do watercooling if you're using an 8 core or more chip or extremely high tdp.

The deal breaker about that cooler is the fan clips. There's no tab on them to remove them by hand. What an absolutely retarded design flaw, especially since their cheaper coolers fucking have it. German retards. Austrians are just too based.

Attached: I have mouth and I scream.jpg (493x637, 88K)

I was thinking of getting a 9700k or one of the new Zens if they turn out good. Water cooling being loud is a big downside for me, so I guess I'll stick with aircooling as long as it works well for the cpus.

When's the Nf-A14x25 140mm coming out?
The a12x25 beats the current older model 140mm.
But i don't want to put 120to 140mm adapters on them.

Air always wins dollar for dollar. Compare any equivalently priced AIO to the d15. They get btfo every time.
Air is also more reliable (if anything goes wrong, it'll be the fan which is easily user replaceable) and noctua in particular have an excellent track record of long term socket support.
The only thing those AIOs will have over it is motherboard clearance and subjective aesthetics. Imho, a coolers job is to cool and air does it better than liquid for the price.

Attached: 1510936641231.jpg (1024x588, 233K)

AIOs are loud, a open loop is retarded quiet and will preform stupid good in thermals.

I miss my cooler

This is your brain on Apple.

by using shit colored fans

>hyper 212 in 2019
20% better than a stock AMD cooler, twice as loud

I wish Noctua would hurry up and release their BLACKED.COM edition coolers already so I can buy one. Honestly I didn't even need them to powder-coat the whole thing, just shipping it with a black fan instead of the poo one would've been enough, but I won't complain I guess. Stealthy aesthetics are nice.

Attached: level 99 stealth.gif (330x200, 1.38M)

so has any air cooler dethroned the d15 yet? i bought mine 5 years ago and its still plugging along brilliantly but ill be building a new rig later this year and if theres a better one out i might bite

it cools worse than the d15 though. its as good as the old u14 and better than the old u12 but still behind the d15. even the d15s with the single fan. also more expensive than the d15/d15s too. if you have the room for a d15 get it. if you don't then yeah the new u12a is great.

Attached: 1544045686551.jpg (640x756, 99K)

>still cools worse than a d15
>dark rock 4 pro actually cools worse than the dark rock 3

the d15 is already on top you tard. it still cools better than the new u12a. the u12a matches the older u14 which was a single 140mm heatsink. which cooled worse than the d15, d15s, and even the d14.

on the topic of d15 i see theres a d15s. is this a case of it actually being an upgrade? or is it a case of being worse like

>Style over performance
>Was actually made with performance in mind and has excellent air flow

Maybe you should know something about a case before criticizing it?

Can it bring ryzen 2600x to 4.5GHz ?

Fan and heat sink, yea. Heat pipes are just a meme to pilfer the goyim mostly, they take more horizontal but less vertical space which is important for mini-itx though. So sometimes needed.

trips
depends on needs to be honest

The D15S is for people who have clearance issues with the regular D15. It's the same cooling capacity when it has two fans on it.

The S is the D15 without a fan, so unless you want to save money because you CANNOT fit the fan, then it is not worth it. As for an upgrade, it is never an upgrade.

what is this?

If you're defending someone for claiming their hyper 212 performs as well as a D15 you're braindead

S is single fan config, and adjusted to fit taller RAM which is common

d15s is the d15 with an offset to prevent it from interfering with the top pci-express slot on boards that put the 16x as the first lane rather than 2nd. which is very little boards. it also comes with a single fan. d15 is the regular with two fans and cools slightly better than the d15s but not by much.

the u12a is the new cooler form noctua to replace the older u12. u12a has one extra heatpipe and two fans. cools as well as the old u14. u14 is a single tower 140mm which cools worse than the d15. as the d15 has two 150mm heatsinks with six heatpipes and two fans

d15 and 15s both have the same height. they both measure to about 65mm.

t. d15 and d15s owner.

>16x as the first lane rather than 2nd
yeah. most have the 1x lane as the first slow now.

>slow
slot*

thanks for the explanation

They have a larger indentation over the ram.
t. Owner of D15S who couldn't fit D15

>212 as good as d15
Top fucking kek.

true, for 212 with delta fans

the difference is like 1mm at most from what i've seen. my d15 is like 64.3mm while the s is 65.2. noctua themselves state 64mm for the 15 and 65 for the 15s. if that much makes a difference then what the hell ram did you get. must be tall as heat sinks on them for that small of a difference made a difference.

based retard

looks like the biggest difference is the offset to allow use of the top pcie slot

thermalright silver arrow

Attached: 1.png (1024x685, 620K)

do you cool your Q6600 with this user? lmao wtf is thermalright in 2019

They make the best threadripper cooler with the silver arrow TR4

Are Noctua's actually good or are they just a dumb Jow Forums meme?
I need reliable fans that don't crap out after 3 months of usage even with regular dust removal

They make AoCs look silly and they've been around for a long time

I have 10 year old Noctuas running as good as new.

ive had a d15 since 2014 and 5x nf12 and theyve all been perfect since install. only had to clean the dust in the cpu cooler every now and then.
had some antec/corsair fans fail in my htpc in less time but they were really old tech from around 2005 so cant directly compare

tangentially related, whats a good 140mm quiet case fan? im partial to noctua nf14 but heard good things about bequiet. id be running 3 exhaust and 4 input so prefer them to be as low noise as possible

Unrelated, but why does Intel coat their copper IHS with nickel? Wouldn't it be more efficient to leave the IHS solid copper rather than plate it with an inferior element?

t.applel rajesh enginigger