Digital only is the futur-

digital only is the futur-

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (635x535, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2019/04/02/microsoft-is-shutting-down-books-in-microsoft-store/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497396/books-in-microsoft-store-faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow, weird that microdik would do this, it really goes against everything they stand for.

We're burning these books for your own good, goy.

I would honestly be interested to know if it was MS or the authors that pushed for this. Wouldn't surprise me either way

This

Yikes. So fucking glad I pirate everything. Feels good actually owning things instead of simply renting them until the service shuts down.

If you don't buy a hard copy of the book, you torrent the book. Who the fuck wants to pay for something they don't own?

Also, who the fuck knew Microsoft had an ebook program?

Can you imagine unironically purchasing ebooks? The primary advantage of an ereader is piracy.

>be me
>buy assigned ebook via amazon
>download with Kindle for PC 1.17
>strip DRM with Calibre plugin
>refund book
>upload DRM free ebook to libgen.io
hehe

Attached: 469.jpg (489x499, 27K)

based

Doing god's work

based and frogpilled

>Can you imagine unironically purchasing things you consume
Yes.
Give it back, Jamal.

>consume
>intangible

>referring to books as things you "consume"
Peak soi.

>t. Hasn't read a book since high school

that's very cash money~ of you

Attached: 1545673840773.jpg (3483x1536, 758K)

For fuck sake. Piracy is becoming an ethical option at this point.

>trying this hard to justify theft
Wew

>Stop pirating!!!!!
Back to redit with you

>Being this based
How does he do it bros?

it always was
>paying for stuff you don't actually own
>ever

>books
>Jamal
????

I know you're just trolling,but copyright laws really are fucked up.

>For copyrighted books in the US, the copyright expires 70 years after the death of author. If a work of corporate authorship, 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever expires first

If that isn't law written by lobbyists, then nothing is.

Digital is not the problem. DRM is. If these books were in a format that gives users freedom, they would still have their books.

Free as in freedom.

oof

Holy fuck, I thought MS was the good guys?

The good news is that the vast majority of books worth reading are public domain since modern writing is so shitty.

Since when were M$ good guys?

Just wait until Steam dies and your entire library goes with it

>but Steam is never going to die
I remember when people said that about AOL

This is the value of GOG. Its client program is a downloader and updater, but doesn't bring in any DRM and most games can be downloaded as zip files without it.

there's no good literature written after the XIX century, so who cares.

also, non fiction books are available on youtube MIT classes for free.

I love you, user.

MEGA BASED

I read about this, is a result of almost nobody using the store and MS making Edge to Chronium based, Edge was the default E-reader app and them being too lazy so they scrapped the functionality and refunded every book bought through the service.

but if microsoft is doing it then it's ok, they must have their reasons

Can you take screenshots in their e-reader app?

Attached: xGZ4mtr.jpg (249x243, 10K)

There's some good books in the early 20th century too. There's probably handful of authors that lived past WWII whose works are still copyrighted.

I enjoy the fact that nu-g is too bluepilled/underage to appreciate the irony of your post.

>consuming 1s and 0s
???

Fair enough. You're definitely not wrong

Attached: z56007616-612x612.jpg (612x611, 42K)

You can read a daily book and still not cover during your lifetime the western cannon, so you can spend all your life reading pre XX century literature.

Any non fiction book is better done as a college lecture on youtube.

Digital """ownership"""

maybe it wasn’t interesting enough of a comment to reply to, darkie.

that scares me

Attached: fbadvibes.jpg (500x346, 43K)

Attached: 1554057242162.png (4685x2457, 262K)

Disney needs to be eradicated. fuck those greedy capitalist niggers

Attached: B980AEAE-7A7C-4AD7-A6AE-F3C7F77126E5.jpg (750x560, 66K)

the day steam will finally shut down there's gonna be massive suicides

You think that’s bad, there’s a bill on the floor that may extend it to 144 years past death of author.

Honestly I wanna give a shout-out to everyone who does this. You make the world a better place, keep it up.

Anything made after 1920 is onions garbage from american media.

japanese don't care about doujinshis and fan games.

can’t wait desu

>If that isn't law written by lobbyists, then nothing is.
No shit.
It gets extended every time Disney's copyrights are about to expire.
The number of years doesn't matter because they will extend to infinity as long as Disney exists and has lobbyists on the payroll.

>books
>consumables
>digital
>consumables
>Jamal
>books

How can one post get everything wrong?

>do this 5 times
>get banned from amazon

can disney extend their copyrights on the EU, china and japan?

popeye is already on the public domain outside the US.

Wait you guys don’t just save the game executables on backup?

Literal freedom fighter and supremely based.

>not being in amazon anymore
even better

>what is burner account

Hasn't happened yet my guy

The last extension granted by the government was in fact caused by yurope doing it first. So sure.

EU copyright last much less in europe than in the US.

Chinese don't even care about western copyright.
North korea literally steals tom and jerry and tell their citizens it was made by koreans.

Japan also don't care too much about fan art.

>can disney extend their copyrights on the EU, china and japan?
They can just pressure the US government to lean on other countries. Because fuck your sovereignty amirite?

China doesn't give a fuck about western copyright.

dude dont tell people this shit I dont want it to get fucked

You don't consume books, you read them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

JUST BUY YOUR BOOKS FROM OUR STORE LOL PIRACY IS WRONG LOL IT'S THE SAME AS BUYING THE BOOK NORMALLY LOL YOU STILL "OWN" IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

And yet sites like aliexpress can still be pressured by western companies to delist shit.

copyright taking 150 years doesn't matter if you're a consumer, piracy is already legal.

It only matters if you want to make some product using those copyrighted ideas that disney has.

You can still make a cartoon mouse that looks like mickey mouse and have a parody logo that don't look like a disney 100% bootleg, and this is 100% legal.

Just make your own OC shit bro.

we got libgen senpai

I remember seeing eBooks in the Microsoft store, never look at what was there. No link and that crybaby article is badly written. Better article
>Customers who have bought ebooks in the Microsoft Store will lose access to these books starting July 2019. Microsoft will give customers a full refund for any purchased books provided that the original payment method is still valid.
> ghacks.net/2019/04/02/microsoft-is-shutting-down-books-in-microsoft-store/
and actually source support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497396/books-in-microsoft-store-faq

based as fuck

Thanks, user

dont worry, newfags won't know

OP's right...but Boing Boing is still cucked commie scum.

You can just play the games in offline mode. You're acting like they're being streamed

based

because they're trying to operate globally now

based & redpilled

Attached: alaba.gif (480x276, 51K)

>pay for ebook
>gets taken away from you
>download a drm free copy online
>REEEEE STOP STEALING!!!!

Beyond based

Attached: 1460496200554.jpg (552x594, 25K)

>confiscates it’s owners libraries

Whelp, shit. Here’s president for something like this to happen. Now just wait for it to happen with steam due to the epic stores current progress and POOF, there goes your $10000 library.

God's work, truly the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Attached: 1510995929071.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

Deosnt matter, they dont work without steam server
For example if you buy Unreal Tournament 99 on steam, it needs steam to run. And needs system requirements of steam, so even though the game installs and runs on windows 98SE, you cant actually install the STEAM version on that OS, or actually any OS older than 7 soon (xp "support" is over but steam still installs on xp). you would have to replace the EXE from a non-steam version, and replace certain steam-based DLLs in the game folders/directories with cracked versions. which at that point why even "own" a steam version of a game?

based
I did this with a research methods textbook but didnt know there was a place you could just upload it hassle free

>if you buy Unreal Tournament 99 on steam, it needs steam to run
That's wrong. Some games on Steam you can run without steam at all. Quake, UT99 and Deus Ex I know for sure work even if you delete Steam

Absolutely based.
Do it for textbooks too

Attached: 1503011500761.jpg (394x458, 25K)

Based desu

based

You're doing God's work user

Based

Attached: 1519068522018.jpg (740x426, 28K)

if you don't reply with lmaooo truuuu you're underage? everyone here already hates microdick. no need to beg for (You)s.

Attached: 1053599332.gif (33x35, 2K)

Based but you better hope there are no hidden customer identifiers in that document that can bite you in the ass

top jej

based

Attached: NEET.jpg (448x486, 32K)

there are multiple release groups the crack steam games all the time. i used to pirate all the time back in the day. online games could be a problem, though. one of the reason why i started using steam.