Say what you will about C, but there's no disputing that it's a beautiful language

Say what you will about C, but there's no disputing that it's a beautiful language.

Attached: c.png (980x1020, 101K)

>non portable macros
>lack of polymorphism
>beautiful

Attached: 15377715663789.png (1200x1400, 284K)

*stands in your path*

Attached: python-logo.png (250x250, 23K)

C is elegant in its abilities with simple commands, but I would hesitate to say it's a beautiful language.

Attached: sexy.png (401x367, 6K)

*teleports behind you*

Attached: Lisplogo.png (811x805, 29K)

What ugly ass language is that on top?

((((((What)))) (did)) yo(u))))
(((mean) b(y)) th(is))))
((?))

>UB even in a hello world
>beautiful
Terrible language with a terrible ecosystem. Basically the main reason such a thing as a virus exists at all.

Gay Java.

Rust?

C++

*ahem*

Attached: HaskellLogoStyPreview-1.png (128x128, 4K)

int *a

Attached: yikes_smug_anime_girl.jpg (689x720, 297K)

no one would actually implement it like that in C

I think it's two languages. First line is C++, second Rust. Had me confused for second.

>allocating something inside a function

Attached: 1539513179157.jpg (600x600, 45K)

Based.

Well written C is beautiful, but code golf C is torture. If you regularly cram a bunch of logic onto one line for terseness sake, fuck you and spell out your fucking intent in the code, either by doing it the long and boring way or at the very least justify some of the non-obvious stuff with a comment.

// does stuff

aren't you always inside of int main?

the quickest way to tell if you're looking at code written by an amateur or an asshole.

which font are you using?

Attached: python.png (348x350, 93K)

>__phys_to_dma
>phys_to_dma
Good O' C. Now that was a programming language.

What's the replacement?

Julia was for a moment, it stale too.

>// evil floating point bit level hacking
>// what the fuck?

Python 3

Perl 5

Liberation Mono

PHP

Never change, Jow Forums.

Thanks.

Polymorphism was always a bad idea.

If you know c++, why would you use c?

no nigger voodoo magic and bloat

Oh, ok, thanks, was jw

>if only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-214140_1.jpg (241x93, 4K)

struct car makeCar() {
return (struct car) {
.color = C_BLUE,
.speed = 220,
.wheels = 4
};
}

It is simple in form but easily lost to scale. Java has pointless fat clogging up readability. Python relies on very particular formatting rules. Haskell requires a PHD to use. But in the end...

Perl 6 sends it's regards.

Attached: serveimage.png (664x498, 66K)

Looks like ass.

Portability. C is the closest thing to a Lingua Franca there is in the computing world, and if you're writing a library or if you want to leave the door open for porting to the greatest number of possible platforms, C is pretty much your only option.
If portability isn't a concern, then sure, stick with C++. Just don't come crying to me when somebody tries compiling your software on a five year old box and runs into some weirdass error that vomits 10 pages of errors (or worse, straight up crashes the compiler) which you eventually trace down to a template, STL, or codegen bug that was fixed two years ago but they can't upgrade.

I would argue java and jvm have the best platform compatibility.

Attached: KB_US-Colemak.svg.png (640x213, 30K)

You need to be over 18

curly braces are ugly
snake case is ugly and inefficient
semicolons are unneccessary

What do you think they write the JVM in?

Then what are you doing here?

>implying the same shit doesn't happen with C

Assembler mostly.

>c ultimately does the work, python takes credit for making it slower
Its pythonic.

Her name is Rin-Chan

>Go doesn't have generics, null safety, enuns, packages and it shits itself if you have an unused variable
>Rust decided to make a big deal of data races and introduced hundreds of restrictions to their language, while still failing to prevent data races.
That's why we can't move on from 50 years old technology.

>semicolons are unneccessary [sic]

white space should never be semantic.

Attached: 2 int.jpg (188x264, 12K)

pretty sure every language ever uses whitespace to delimit tokens

you know what i meant

>Not using opaque pointers and exposing struct internals to library users.

"white space should never be semantic except in the way I'm used to"?

>__phys_to_dma
vs
>phys_to_dma
clear as mud

Based.

> goto again;
> GOTO
that's a yikes and cringe from me.

>assigning DMA
fuck off

>nigger voodoo magic

Attached: green frog in a tuxedo 300x300.png (300x300, 109K)

>function
>__function
This is stupid. Why do they do this.

>*ahem*

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you dynamically typed little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the University of Glasgow, and I've been involved in numerous secret research projects on Category Theory, and I have over 300 confirmed commits to GHC. I am trained in composition and I'm the top monad transformer in the entire haskell irc. You are nothing to me but just another compile target. I will at compile time, optimize you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of PHDs across the USA and your adhoc functional javascript is being peer reviewed right now so you better prepare for the proof checking, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your program. You're fucking machine code, kid. I can compile anywhere, anytime, and I can refactor you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with ghci. Not only am I extensively trained in emacs, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Hackage and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "duck typing" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will compose fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking compiled, kiddo.

Attached: retardcheck.jpg (782x960, 47K)

>having to write 'void'
>having to use brackets for scope
>having NULL values
>needing a return statement

C was literally just one step up from assembly so they could write a 1970s operating system it was great for it's time but archaic as fuck still

kek

No matter what language I will use, I will still feel like a complete retard with permanent feeling of incompetence which slowly eats me away. It already reached a point where death seems like the best thing life can offer. On top of that every attempt to improve ends up with even more sadness and disappointment because after you learn something you don't end up thinking you know more - it's completely opposite. In such state everything becomes pointless and striving for something seems unnecessary.
Code looks nice though.

>>>/wdg/

Attached: 1470406730904.jpg (385x375, 35K)

>PageHighMem
>CamelCase in upstream

Oh wow, what X / C++ double agent managed to get that one applied?

Because private is for pussies. Real men mangle their own symbols.

>let car

Attached: 1551980706845.jpg (480x552, 22K)

How bout just like

struct car = {C_Blue, 220, 4};

If you wanna criticize C, criticize the absurdly long function names necessary for libraries with structs and whatnot