Why wait for Zen 3 when you can get this NOW?

Why wait for Zen 3 when you can get this NOW?
Isn't Zen 3 going to be near this performance wise?

Attached: 9900k.jpg (1600x1600, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13659/analyzing-core-i9-9900k-performance-with-spectre-and-meltdown-hardware-mitigations
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but hopefully it won't cost as much as the i9. Also it seems it will be more power efficient.

I'm holding my breath until I see zen 3's gayming performance.

don’t top tier intel vs amd cpus have literally like a 10fps difference while pushing 100 frames making the difference inconsequential?

There's just this tiny, little, minuscule problem of increased heat dissipation. That's all.

Attached: PCxRwPu.jpg (1327x1222, 331K)

Cost maybe the only issue. No one cares about power efficiency at this performance level. Also, I don't think Zen 3 is going to push more than 4.8 Ghz. So the performance difference is going to be negligible.

>No one cares about power efficiency at this performance level.
This, just get an industrial water chiller.

Attached: 1539965136296.png (1000x746, 235K)

Price is the reason.
Remember that the i9 doesn’t come with a stock cooler, and you need a pretty beefy one to get at those 5GHz speeds without firehouses.

Which program is he running to stress the CPU? 1.33v is too high. I have a D15 and 9900k running and [email protected] and never do I go above 90C on any benchmark/stress program.

Blender which is less stressful than prime95 with avx enabled. What industrial water chiller are you using?

I'm only using a D15.

Never heard of that industrial chiller, does it require a dedicated 240V plug?

that thing is a housefire

The middle of the range Zen2 (ryzen3000) matched this at less than half the power, core for core, live on stage in january, with an early engineering sample (probably the "r5 3600" equivalent.

I'd think a 3600X or 3700X will be better performance than it, considering AMD's equally priced processors (lower threadrippers) already destroy it in multithreaded workloads for much less power. So yeah. It would be nice to have better performance, that costs less, has cheaper motherboards, uses less power, has lower temperatures, etc.

9900K is shit-tier even for Intel-fags. It is marginally faster than 8700K and 9700K while consuming a fuck-ton more power.

The ces demo was an 8 core cpu, a ryzen 7 3000.

As I said already here , no one cares about power at this performance level.
I think Ryzen 3000 is being over hyped af like the Vega. I don't think it's going to push more than 4.8 Ghz or 5Ghz at best, at which point it will be almost like a 9900k. The only thing that matters will be the price and again, with the recent trends, I think people are going to be disappointed.

t. trendlet

kek nice quads
looks like you need a 4 figure budget to use intel these days

>Only one fucking chiplet
>Impying the ryzen 7 won't be 12 core or 16 core
AMD_moar_coerz.jpg

>No one cares about power efficiency at this performance level.
FUCKING COPE INTEL NIGGERS
"""POWER CONSUMPTION DOESN'T MATTER!!!"""

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't ALWAYS matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doesn't matter!
>10nm doesn't matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>IGPU doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Amazon sales don't matter!
>*NEW* Prime95 AVX doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Custom Foundry Business doesn't matter!

The ryzen 9 will be 12 cores. We haven't seen any bench for a 16 cores cpu so far, so it's likely there won't be one for the time being.

autism

What did you do on April 2?

So many AMDrones in here it's hilarious.

Attached: intel-i7-9700k-aco-1080p.png (892x879, 119K)

>1080p medium
Why not test with 720p low while at it?

This also shows "more cores" isn't always the answer. I can't wait for zen 3 to come out rocking 4.8ghz+ and be a bigger house fire than a 9900k. A lot of glorious seething ahead.

Attached: lil'uns.jpg (284x391, 22K)

I agree, it would put more stress on the CPU and have an even bigger lead.

The 8 core 3600x part is going to match the 8800k for 300 dollars less. The 12 core 3700x and 16 core 3800x parts will destroy it.

Probably just going to wait for Ice Lake i7 at this rate. Curious to see how Zen 2's likely higher memory latency compared to Zen+ will affect its performance

Now turn it up and it leads less.

It's measuring the performance metric you troglodyte.

Attached: 7012559.jpg (478x361, 14K)

This fucking basketball american posts 1080p/med on a fucking AC game and thinks it's relevent. Move outta your parents basement and learn that there is more to life then vidja. My fuckin 8 or so year old 3570k can run that game with fine framerate on linux you dafty cunt.

kek i wish the intel pasta was a perk
>assassin's creed origins
>2600x not listed
>9400f not listed
>those 0.1% lows
hmm those 9900 speeds...should refer to the temperatures posted here...

>gaming
Fuck off to /v/

Absolutely seething

Attached: 2c9ba29b409183450f37e090f023f3f3.jpg (640x478, 81K)

Love to see zen3 temps with a 5ghz all core. 9900k v2 incoming.

Because my 2700x does everything I need it to at the moment and uses 1/3 of the power and is 90% as fast at 4ghz with decent 3200 cl14 memory

Is anyone actually thinking it's not going to be fermi level of toasty?

AMD shills will believe anything you tell them to try and justify owning cheap inferior hardware. It's like they're trying to justify being poor.

Attached: 1551867439199.png (396x408, 165K)

Thanks, based sperg.

Oy vey goym buy the latest intel chip which costs $200 more with mobos that switch sockets like its a cheap whore with cocks. I'm not retarded and think that a 12c/24t system will hold a stable clock of 5ghz but I'm also not fucking running benchmarks all day. Fuck I'll be happy with a cpu/mobo combo with proper IOMUU groupings with more cores for more whores that actually makes upgrading my old ass system worthwhile.

>Isn't Zen 3 going to be near this performance wise?
what amd showed as a demo was a mid range 8core vs this abomination

I have an i5. It's cheap, it's effective for its price, and it just werks.

Prepare to be disappointed, any 8+ core system with a 5ghz all core is going to be an abominable city fire. But hey, At least you'll have moar cores to blend your bits with.

Zen 2*. 1xxx is zen, 2xxx is zen+, 3xxx is zen 2.

Fuck 5.0ghz all cores, if new ryzen can hold mid to low 4s on 24 threads but can hold 5 on 3c/6t I'll be over the fucking moon.

why? a 2700x at 4.3ghz is nowhere near a housefire and remember they scale as linear as possible not like intel that each 100mhz you need a fucking scania radiator

Either you're a liar or in denial or just stupid. Ryzen is less power efficient and hotter than a 9900K lmfao.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1663x625, 347K)

he isn't wrong

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9DLzkvODA1MjU3L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA3LnBuZw==.png (1112x833, 74K)

would also like to throw one further point out there about it, Intel's last few generations of CPU's are so bad that they have to downclock just to handle AVX workloads, AMD doesn't.

Clock speed is to low to be relevant anyways, Whats your point.

What would the 2700X power consumption be at 5ghz?

That's because most motherboard manufacturers are overvolting the hell out of the 9900k and running at a much higher TDP than Intel specified.

>Implying AMD wouldn't be an absolute housefire at higher clock speeds.

Deluded as fuck.

this

>compares a mere 180 watts that can be aircooled
vs
>a literal housefire of an 8 core that could melt metal gear

Because it costs 500 fucking euros

I have a 9900K and undervolted it to 1.3v at 5ghz all core, You have no idea what you're talking about poorfag.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1006x590, 211K)

Actually lower, I forgot i undervolted to 1.28v

Attached: lel.jpg (401x398, 82K)

Zen2 is literally rumored to run at 5ghz and a zen2 processor actually did beat a 9900k at CES. Sooooo

You really think they were going to make it remotely fair?

>poorfag
you seriously want to dick wave?

have fun

Attached: KYBXAwG.jpg (3237x2023, 508K)

>850 pros
>Calling anyone a poorfag

Attached: st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg (210x230, 5K)

no you are right ES samples by default cannot run on high clocks

...what? What is not fair?

>amd
>linux
as stupid as he is for buying an i9, hes right about you being a poorfag
poorfag.

you are right afterall having 2 epycs means im a poorfag

Attached: Kl1JYPj.jpg (2611x1530, 857K)

Says the poorfag

T. Poorfag

Company computer=My computer!

Quality thread

Ok, poorfag

leave the build server alone jamal

last time i checked this was my house but go ahead im sure you gonna find another excuse

Attached: 1488462576190.png (882x758, 316K)

COPE

OBSESSED

Ryzen is still better

Attached: intel-9900k-review-f1-18-1440p.png (892x694, 69K)

Yeah a 16 core Ryzen would be too power hungry for AM4, all it would do would be make people cry that their old boards don't support it for power reasons.

Of course they could release it with very low clocks but what would be the point of that..?

Why be a cuck when I can be a god if I wait a couple months?

Attached: welp.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

>using optimal settings for CPU testing without hitting GPU bottleneck is bad because it makes AMD look bad
The absolute state of AMDrones

you think amd would go so far to say that they aregoing to support am4 till ddr 5 comes without knowning beforehand that their future cpu's could handle?

are you nuts?

>you think amd would go so far to say that they aregoing to support am4 till ddr 5 comes without knowning beforehand that their future cpu's could handle?
You know it's not about what the socket can handle but how the board makers went and fucked shit up to save 0.01$ per board?

Bulldozer CPUs were supposed to be an AM3 upgrade until AMD realised board makers didn't make most of their boards up to AM3 specs and simply left some socket pins unconnected because existing CPUs didn't use them anyway.

This time it's not about socket but about VRMs and it's fully up to board makers how shitty they were made, not AMD

nobody is that stupid we know already that at least some boards
taich and gigabyte ones have a pretty good power delivery

Hi shill,
I know you're going for the tried and true method of "just pay more if you're not poor", but I will never buy intel and I know many others are the same. It's got nothing to do with money. That's right I know it's hard for you to comprehend, but you can't get round this one with shekels.
So you want to know why, right? Well for some people it might be political, a lack of trust, or maybe even an anti-shill response, but again in my experience they are outliers. The key reason is your continual burial of the facts regarding spectre, meltdown, and all the other nasty backdoor boogiemen that are inherent to the very architecture of your products. The fact that performance speeds of intel processors remain their UNPATCHED speeds. The fact that when secure, your processors are now significantly slower than your rivals. You play it down because it's valuable to keep goys unpatched, that's where your real profits lie, but the damage has been done, and the truth will not be easily forgotten.

Have a good time with your slower unsupported inferior hardware user, Stick it to the man and godspeed.....

Attached: 2ldenj.jpg (640x845, 108K)

Intel is only faster if it's unpatched. You know this right?

why did you take a photo?

based Intel

>a fucking scania radiator
Moderate kek

>Isn't Zen 3 going to be near this performance wise?

HA HA HA
Zen 3 will have same simgle clock or better while having double the cores, half the price AND being compatible with existing AM4 mobos.

Tge only reason i don't wait for zen 3 is because Zen2 is fucking great anyway.

I'm gonna buy the last chip that's going to support DDR4 and keep it for a long time.

>Not a real life use case

Even patched it still can't be touched, Tell us another one.

I'm happy with my 9900k

Attached: lol2.jpg (1644x795, 376K)

Patching reduces speed by 40%
So unless you're trying to say intel cpus are more than 40% faster than the competition, which is objectively false, I think we're gonna need some proof to back up your claims.
Oh wait, you don't have any, because it doesn't exist.

That's exactly what I did 4 months ago.
Why should I wait for more than half a year for same performance if money is no issue?

Anyone who's saying otherwise is seething because they Just Wait (TM) only because they couldn't afford the i9 back then.

Just one slightly higher CB score isn't exactly beating.

But I'm the god NOW and you're the cuck.

9th gen has hardware fixes for those, you know that, right?

>I think we're gonna need some proof to back up your claims
Here you go, idiot

anandtech.com/show/13659/analyzing-core-i9-9900k-performance-with-spectre-and-meltdown-hardware-mitigations

Attached: Smelt_575px.png (622x654, 30K)