Career or Hobby

Hey programmers of Jow Forums, how many of you are:

>a: enjoy programming as a hobby
>b: view it as a career and nothing else
or
>c: work as a software engineer and love it

Personally im more of b, but im starting to lean towards a slightly.

Attached: 1551899212371.jpg (601x643, 88K)

I want to nakadashi nenecchi

Attached: 1534598621296.png (1371x1956, 2.41M)

dumb anime posters

anime website

me too

c

but im leaning towards Jow Forums

g: enjoy gabbu

Attached: 1552471882161.jpg (576x512, 53K)

I'm a, I'm hoping to land a job relatingc ybsec or sysadmin but I would settle for a programming job if I can't get none of the above. Problem is that working with projects I'm not interested in bores me.
Thanks for sharing that with us t

b). used to be a)

might be a) again because it's starting to look like my job will be offshored

I started programming as a hobby then it became a career. I do analog electronics as a hobby now. Hobbies are where you should be broadening your skills outside of what you do at work.

Attached: 1431073178635.jpg (897x445, 202K)

I tried c), but it made me hate doing it both as work and as a hobby, so now I do a) while doing landscaping jobs. Although I wasted lots of time and money on college, I think I made the right choice.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 18.41.08.jpg (3822x2152, 503K)

it's fun as hobby, hell as job, atleast in my case.
For now, I'll attribute that to the fact that I do not like the type of projects that I work on and often the tools I have to work with. I might change my mind when I get a decent job

Im b/c leaning towards b, mostly because I fight every date to bring innovation where i work, and I deal daily with a 25 years old undocumented lisp codebase full of the crappiest thing you could think of.

Strangely I mostly like the thing, every time I refactor a chunk I feel doing God's work in this shit.

In my case, A.
I don't think I could hold the rhythm of pros to do it as a job

Attached: 1553479777190.png (1920x1080, 821K)

I don't really enjoy anything anymore after few years in the field. Maybe except cute anime.

I program to create the things I want to create, it's an enjoyable process but I wouldn't be programming random shit if I didn't have a goal in mind

Started as A, became B. Outside shitposting and some game and anime I avoid computers outside work.

I do it for a living, but i'd like to keep it as a hobby. I don't know how to get out of that, because my only marketable skill beside the "soft" one is, well, programming

d. think from time to time to get into it but too lazy and tired to actually put in the work so I just procrastinate on Jow Forums

When you are new and don't really know what you are doing, programming is fun because everything is new and exciting. Once you know the basics and realize that everything is reading through docs and stitching it together, it becomes boring and just feels like a chore.
I should spend more time with haskell probably.

Same here. The age old "Don't study what you love if you don't want to hate it" is true. Now I work /out/ and get Jow Forums instead of sitting in front of a PC all weekend.