/pcbg/ - PC Building Genera

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 85b.jpg (998x697, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monoprice.com/product?p_id=24568
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old thread

ryzen 3 4 cores
ryzen 5 6 cores
ryzen 7 8 cores
ryzen 9 12 cores

Ryzen 0 worth

best mobo for 8700k under 250$?

sir ...... do the needful and buy rayzen cpu and raiden gpu and thank you

buying a 14nm chip in currentyear is stupid as fuck

why should i buy a 9700k over a 8700k

bigger number better

whats a bottleneck checker

Remember to buy your GPU now because crypto niggers are crashing the market soon.

What's happening?

more actual cores
soldered IHS
newer and therefore based on a more advanced production line which will likely clock better.

crypto boom 2.0

only question is what do I buy? used 1080, 1660ti, or 2060

He sold

Attached: MOBO quality.png (1488x2008, 173K)

should i just wait for new ryzen in case its better value? my system is old as shit so ill be replacing everything anyways

Depends on what you use your pc for. If you only play gaymes, Intel will still be better.

$140 for a 1060ti sc good price?

mostly 3d modelling/graphic design and some video editing as a side job
the only game i really play is path of exile and maybe classic wow when it launches but theyre not a priority

>1060ti
?

Please ignore the ti. My brain shut down while typing.

Gigabyte Aorus boards are the go-to for Z390

It’s Lambo time

Attached: ED8BF01D-9197-4598-A545-52808496A705.jpg (750x425, 68K)

No idea what this means but if it means that I won't be able to buy a 2060 when zen 2 comes out I will kill all miners

They keep delaying zen 2 .. might as well buy the gpu now

But my current PC is too shitty to use a 2060.

Attached: AAAA.jpg (970x545, 50K)

So what? You were gonna buy one anyway. It wont HURT anything.

Then buy it and wait until you get the new pc to put it in?

what if it's doa or some shit and I don't know for 2-3 months?

why can't you just use it in your current computer?

Oh no, a GPU that's being bottlenecked, who gives a fuck as long as it works?

It'll still be better than whatever your current GPU is, even if it's bottlenecked by the rest of your system.

I guess my autism is just getting in the way. I'll go ahead and buy the GPU now.

Attached: down the drain.gif (320x180, 1.59M)

im still running a ti4400 so i cant just plug in the 2060

i'd be impressed if true

Remember that the green is recommend for i9s. i5s and i7s will be fine with any of the boards in the white.
t. someone with an asus srtix z390-F who gets a consistent 5Ghz with an 8700k

mice question, my old mouse was a g700, it had issues but was the only mouse i ever used that was comfy, im looking at the razor death adder elite because its on sale, how does it compare size/comfy wise, also what are some other larger mice particularly with a hump in the middle to raise your hand up off the mat and not have your pinky finger getting skull dragged all over the place, there doesnt seem to be many around, they all seem to be on the small and sleek side

I switched to a deathadder almost 10 years ago and have been using them since.

That being said, I never had the G700 so I can't speak to it in comparison to the death adder.

Currently using a rtx 2060 with Asus pg348q. I also use my MBP for law school shit, and hate constantly switching display ports

thinking of getting an AMD card for free sync and more ports. is the Vega64 worth getting still, or should I just fork up to a radeonvii? also; what's the best 3440x1440 monitor with free sync?

>thinking of getting an AMD card for free sync
But isn't your monitor a G-sync monitor...?

Yes, so I'd need to get a new monitor. I am prepared to do that.

but why?

What ports does a Vega 64 have that a 2060 doesnt?

Out of curiosity, has anyone here installed a custom vbios for their 20 series card?
Interested in what the greater power overhead can achieve.

Freesync monitors work on Nvidia since January brehs

It's the monitors.
asus pg348q has 1DP and 1HDMI that runs at 50hz

I need to use my laptop for school, and running it at 50hz is a pain. So I have to switch between DP wires constantly, I want to get rid of that very first world problem

Doesn't your 2060 have multiple displayports?

Im honestly not understanding at all what the fuck you think switching to AMD is gonna do...

you aren't getting it. It doesn't matter how many ports my GPU has my dude. My monitor has only ONE DisplayPort. So, if my GPU uses a DP and my laptop uses a TB3 to DP connector, I have now TWO DP ports and only one port on my monitor which means I need to yank the cord every time I want to switch devices

do you understand now

> best 3440x1440 monitor with free sync
LG 34GK950F is best in market atm
Freesync 2 144Hz IPS panel

Just get a DP switch...

monoprice.com/product?p_id=24568

Look at the reviews. They don't work smoothly at all. I tried one by Lindy that didn't work at all. Couldn't handle the bandwidth.

Current solution is a female DP extender hanging from my monitor, and both wires available to switch when needed. I don't think you understand how much effort I have put into this

>Freesync monitors work on Nvidia since January brehs
this, just get another monitor, no need to buy another GPU

G700/Ouroboros/Naga
Ouroboros is too low profile, naga would have been perfect if it was larger
Im pretty much after a larger razer naga since its a more identifiable mouse
My main issue is my pinky getting skull dragged across the table
How is the death adder elite compared to these, or if other anons have a different suggestion

Attached: IMG_2729.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

Is it weird that I find OP image nostalgic?

Takes me back to some dumb ass "gamer" designs.

You say that like the RGB everything era is any better

imo nothing beats the G700s user
i had one 2013-2016 when i threw it against a wall and it broke lol got a mx master after that, the thumb scroll is dank but absolutely no mouse beats G700

>when i threw it against a wall and it broke
are you a child?

i was afraid of that, mine has a double click,batterys dont hold charge, and i accidentally crushed its cord
i dont know why they left this model to die, if they bought out a revision i would buy it no matter how over priced they made it

rip dfi lanparty

mice choice is hugely subjective. you just have to go and test a bunch of mice and then get opinions/data on the quality/longevity of those you were comfortable with

see

>tfw 2560x1600
It's an HP ZR30w. I'm assuming a 2060 is a decent card for it or am I going to have to get something stronger? I'm on an 8700k.

Based

Will there ever, ever, EVER be a mouse as legendary and kino as the G400? Any time mine goes out I just DIY fix it, there's no reason to get anything else and I know its insides like the back of my hand already.

Attached: 20190404_230810~01.jpg (3024x3024, 1.5M)

Should I get a 3440x1440 120hz ultrawide monitor or a triple monitor setup? My priority is gaming, but I don't want to be screwed over in lot of games (what I've heard about ultrawide).

Ultrawide is great and way better supported than multiple monitor setups. Most current games support UW and the ones that don't have community fixes typically. Highly recommend

Attached: IMG_20190325_114111.jpg (4160x3120, 3.09M)

why does that look suspiciously like the mx518 which is the actual best mouse ever made

But that's not the IE3

It's the MX518's dad

Navi when FOR FUCK SAKE

modern games have better support but if you enjoy playing older titles it can be hit or miss
community fixes can be perfect or some garbage like hor- where they just chop the top and bottom of the picture to make it fit and it looks retarded
i have ultrawide at work and its nice to not have a bezel in the middle but its a fucken pain to get 4 windows up easily compared to our old dual monitor setup where you just dragged the windows to each side. and yes we need that many, and more, windows up all the time even on ultrawide

that would imply its older. are you sure youre not retarded

shut up you don't know me

Attached: pls.jpg (472x471, 31K)

Don't feel too bad user, I bought my 2070 at black friday, and I'm still waiting for Zen 2.

1600 is way better 1080p price/performance than 2600
Especially with the huge discounts on them nowadays

Honestly I'd rather wait for the 1650

RTX2080's on Amazon special for $719.99, y/n?

did i fuck up buying a 9700k instead of the 8700k, how important was hyper threading

DFI was based

Friend of mine wants me to build him a pc to take to college, said that he wants it to be small so that it can be relatively compact and portable.

I've only ever built in ATX and eATX, should I go for mATX, or ITX? Any retard mistakes or things I should be mindful of when building in this form factor?

There's like three dozen youtubers that have vids of them making cuck shed sized microatx builds, why not just copy them

Wait is he planning on lugging it around to class? I'd tell him to get a laptop if that's the case.

Because your average Dick Suckem is more concerned with quippy one liners and funny zoom gags than actually teaching an audience how to build a computer.

I'd rather just get the info without the sponsored messages and dubstep background music.

Nah, he's got a laptop for regular college stuff, just wants a pc for dorm gaming.

Poor guys been on an office pc for as long as I can remember, thing would barely run league of legends.

That's not that special. Also if it's gigabyte stay the fuck away

ITX is where it's at. Lots of compact cases.

What's a smarter buy, a used 1080ti or a new 2070?
Trying for 1440p/144hz

>Also if it's gigabyte stay the fuck away
Wow, really? I've had great luck with their other products like GPUs.

What are some SSDs that don't end up writing at 200/mbs after a few seconds? Am I simply looking for SLC drives? I'm really struggling to see which SSD uses what. Up to 1.5gb/s is entirely pointless if it drops to 250mb/s after a few seconds. Lying pieces of shit.

never overclocked before, is there any good jewtube vids that can run me through the basics?

TN panels honestly are not even that bad. It's VA panels that truly look like ass

Building some old junk for a friend who is a cheap bastard and want some advice for best cpu for an x58 board
Its an old gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev2.0
I have a bunch of old parts lying about I can use with it. Cpu is a i7-920 atm, any better alternatives?

Attached: 1446297982610.jpg (620x652, 86K)

>angle snapping
>best mouse ever
lmao shit taste pleb

Any noticeable benefit in NVMe SSDs for gaming?

nope, right now for gaming you're way better served by the extra capacity of sata

nvme is a meme that overheats

That's funny since my sata MX500 runs way hotter than my 970 evo.

Nope. Not for gaming. Don't fall for it.

If only you buy some chinkshit maybe.

balla af

16 gb ram
2080 GPU
I7 8700
M.2 250 GB
Z 390 MB
1 TB HDD

I want to play vidya with high quality graphics, using Windows 7 OS. I'd also like wifi. What do you think of this build? Also, how many years (estimate) do you think it'll last?

Also, should I use 2 8 GB ram or 1 16 gb, does it even matter?

I'm not entirely sure which motherboard to choose as far as ports go.

I thought SATA had less bandwidth, how does this work? I read online SSD is limited by SATA and the best way to go is use PCIe which is going to be NVMe with M.2

Have same mouse and did the DIY 'bend the metal switch' fix about a month ago (left click would stay clicked and click intermittently). I couldn't believe it when I found the pcgamingwiki video on how to do it. I'll buy new switches if and when I have to...it really is an amazing mouse. I also did a fix on the cord not long after I bought it, but it's fantastic since.

Also, you reminded me that I have to go buy new teflon pads for the bottom, I kinda wrinkled one when I fixed it. To answer your question: hopefully.