make.conf
ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FSF-APPROVED @FSF-APPROVED-OTHER"
CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="-avq"
GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64"
MAKEOPTS="-j3 -l2"
PORTAGE_NICENESS=15
PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"
USE="X alsa emacs ffmpeg flac lm_sensors multilib zsh-completion -bindist -gnome -gpm -pulseaudio -systemd"
VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965"

Hello it's me, the cringelord with the cringiest possible hobbies and sensibilities.

Attached: cringiest_possible_session.png (5760x1080, 1.45M)

I’m about to gg on gen2, anyway what’s the slickest music making workflow? i am going to try ecasound and sox this week, is there any ncurses style madness going on?

You can increase your build time by up to 36x by adding this to your make.conf:
CC="clang"
CXX="clang++"
AR="llvm-ar"
NM="llvm-nm"
RANLIB="llvm-ranlib"
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -flto=thin"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -fuse-ld=lld"

>clang
>llvm
Nice way to break your system.

Best distro ever.

Yes, increase the build time AND breakage

What breaks with clang/llvm?

absolutely nothing
gnutards bfto

Attached: 1551737783724.png (662x635, 421K)

Your freedom when corporations use LLVM to cuck you with a proprietary toolchain.

Compile optimizations for your CPU and other stuff.

t. shill

The kernel for starters

Hello, I'm considering switching to gentoo, but I'm unsure. Is it true you'll have to spend 2-3 hours everyday compiling just to have a half-working system, inevitably making sure you never leave your house again?

>Is it true you'll have to spend 2-3 hours everyday compiling just to have a half-working system
No.

>No
explain

every GNUtard program requries GCC

I don't know what you want me to explain.
Unless you're compiling a browser every day, you won't have to spend 2-3 hours compiling every day.

Not him but I only ever do updates every couple of days and even on my weakest computer, a Thinkpad x230 with an i5, updates only take maximum 1 or 2 hours unless I'm updating Chromium or something. Gentoo is extremely low maintenance. All the memes about breakages on Gentoo are just memes and simply never happen unless you do something like uninstall GCC or don't update for several months.

I only update when I actually need something new (maybe every few weeks) and it takes a few minutes. There is no reason to compulsively rebuild every day.

Yeah, it's kinda rough. Last day I spent about 4 hours compiling firefox to machine code by hand.

This has been my experience as well so far. Kernel is the only notable exception and asm-goto patches are making their way into clang-9 so that takes care of that