There is literally no excuse to use anything other than default gnome in the Linux Operative System

there is literally no excuse to use anything other than default gnome in the Linux Operative System

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-04 22-56-37.png (1600x900, 954K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Maya-2019.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ho ho ho ha ha, ho ho ho he ha. 'Ello, my old chum. I’m gnot an gnelf. I’m gnot a goblin. I’m a gnome. And you’ve been, GNOMED!!!

Attached: gnomed start.jpg (1024x956, 81K)

There is better alternatives than GNOME that are not shit, such as KDE or XFCE. So keep your foot fetish DE away from me.

after not using gnome since 2 i decided to use it on fedora on my new laptop. pretty comfy desu

icewm is comfier desu

Where my KDE red hat boys at???!!!!!

Attached: CentOS 7 64-bit-2019-01-06-05-21-11.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

the one who put together the kernel and userlands was GNU project
so they're the one to decide the naming convention, which is GNU/Linux

DEs are pointless on linux. all you need is a WM with a couple of useful hotkeys for things like launcher, terminal and browser

use dwm nigger

>server OS with a DE
???

wrong, you also need device manager for screen and audio, and autosuspension and such. That's something you want to do in GUI without commands, that's why gnome is better than a bare wm for me.
ibus setup barely works and you have to manually start it, and so on with a lot of small things

> obvious zoomer faggot coming from a tablet is obvious

What exactly makes CentOS unsuitable for desktop usage?
[Different user here]

Why is the sidebar so fucking huge/space inefficient?

Question: what's the point of the top bar? Since it's no longer possible to use the global menu extension due to gnome dev team retardation, what's the exact point of this huge fucking waste of space?

It only shows up in the activities overview. Also no one really knows why it's built like a touch interface when it's mediocre at best tablet support.

Cinnamon is what GNOME should have been after GNOME 2 --> GNOME 3 move. GNOME 3 is just horrible. They could have made a new different DE and not ruin GNOME, which then spawned all these forks to make it right.

This. Cinnamon is the best DE, the others suck ass. I like Linux Mint Cinnamon even better than Windows 10, it's more intuitive and faster for me.

openbox is the comfiest desu

> A fucking foot

Why should i switch from KDE to Gnome?

>.t recovering microdick shills
No border and having all programs rendered fully in 60 fps is great.

>t. Lgpl scum

I used GNOME long ago and all I got was a laggy desktop with silly windows 8 tier defaults, I mean can you even change the fucking fonts for the top panel? Cause that shit was a chore

>Operative System
Operating System

nothing
well, besides using linux 3 while 5 is already out.
going for stability over functionality isn't bad, just annoying. especially when it's not a system that needs to be available 24/7

The gtk libs are useful for individual programs. The Gnome DE is horrible. I just used it (v3) for the first time after a few years and couldn't believe how convoluted and retarded it was. Glad to replace it with comfy KDE.

bait

gross, it looks like windows faggot

DRI_PRIME=1 is choppy, well it was until very recently with the release of 3.32

You shouldn't.

Gnome doesn't run over XRDP. So you need to find something else if you are told to install a DE for XRDP access.

general package management isn't intended for desktop use, the packages are painfully outdated which makes most contemporary desktop programs to not run due to requiring newer dependencies, et cetera

I can't believe there are so many people that can't abandon the windows desktop.
it can be keyboard driven, and is as easily mouse driven, there is no point anyone brings about gnome other than it not being a copy of windows.
>it removes features
just proving my point, those features are windows tier.
The only ones I understand are window manager users of dwm and such. But those need workarounds to modify system settings, and often the applets available are very bad or unmaintained.
GNOME is the only DE that tries tp actually be usable for people who aren't wintoddlers or ricefags.

CentOS is also a workstation OS. Autodesk actually recommends it for using Maya on Linux.

knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Maya-2019.html

Attached: CentOS 64-bit-2014-06-12-15-56-27.png (1440x900, 191K)

>foxconn put together iphones
>iphones should be named foxconn/iphone

Laggy, stuttering piece of shit
1gb ram on idle
Javascript desktop
Big button tablet interface yet worthless for actual tablets or desktops

I agree, honestly I found Gnome 3 to be really intuitive. But I've used a mix of OSX and windows for years, so I think the fact I've used several systems at once has made me more open minded in terms of interfaces.

Naturally there are things I'd like to see in Gnome, like how I can put a folder in my dock for quick access.

extremely obvious bait

k'

Attached: 1552716765253.png (2560x1080, 1.51M)

I just wish it would be in better hands. I don't trust the Mint devs after the 4.0.x updates.

I'm not really following mint drama, what did they do wrong?

based, it supports a shit ton of software, and it's warranted to work. Best non toy Linux there is

>3.10 kernel

Attached: That just made me laugh even more _c90a533a0304d4d051edbd056a9fcd26.jpg (200x199, 10K)

For me, it's my fork of dwm, the best front end to the X Display Server.

Attached: 2019-03-07-1552000610.png (1951x1097, 1.22M)

Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux

nice titlebars they look good

>no idea about X architecture

>GNOME

is Wayland like usable now, today, on the 5th of April, 2019, or it's still all practical incompatibilities with shit that heavily relies on X and issues with different graphics drivers?

>Tablet interface
>On a desktop
It's like they learned nothing from Windows 8.

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

I do actually
I like it alot.
Modern computing is a cancer.

Yes, its default unless you're using non-free nvidia. Thats still the last hurdle to cross

It's usable for 99% of people. Firefox still requires X Wayland unless you use a special version. Also, I don't consider Nvidia users as people.

Me neither. I just noticed the weird design choices, the performance issues (especially for some components like Nemo) and the general bugginess.
Perhaps I'm just unlucky, perhaps you shouldn't use Cinnamon with any distro besides Mint, but it's really annoying for me to use right now. So annoying that I had to install Gnome as backup DE.

Gnome is nice on relatively newer machines. It is hideously resource intensive, though.

Gnome is exactly the thing that keeps people from using Linux
They install Ubuntu, experience glitches, and install Windows again

Cinnamon looks better. Gnome is ugly as fuck, it reminds of when I was a kid and had to go to the "computer room" look at vermin videos.

If gnome gets blur effect and rounded corners for all applications and all four corners then yes I agree with you. Currently though Plasma is superior since Plasma has both functionality.

Fuck that i would rather use EDE then any thing else

Attached: basedandredpiled.gif (367x219, 523K)

gnome is worthless shit-tier bloat.

Attached: 1512585483598.gif (500x375, 980K)

>functionality
you mean decorations
>big buttons BAD
>small contextual unclickable tree menus GOOD
>having keyboard shortcuts BAD
retard, kde and xfce have the shittiest keyboard shortcuts I have ever tried to use, if you use anything other than gnome or window managers I can 100% tell you just came from windows and have a gaming mouse in your desktop.
I like dwm but I just heard a bit about xcb autism and got to read instead of ignore the screeching faggot. Apparently dwm doesn't use xcb, there's a bit of latency in dwm because of this. i3 feels more responsive, just switching workspaces in dwm gives it away for me.
it's the better maintained DE retard, not their fault you use shitty outdated versions or ubuntu try to make it look like poonity.

Attached: wow it is just like a tablet.png (1600x900, 433K)