Why isn't NixOS shilled here in Jow Forums, is it too high IQ for Gentoo in the loo fags?

Why isn't NixOS shilled here in Jow Forums, is it too high IQ for Gentoo in the loo fags?

Attached: 487568?s=200&v=4.png (200x200, 15K)

Yes.
Also, since most of Jow Forums hates poettering for meme points, they shill guixsd instead.

It's pretty good. I just don't like declarative style.

Bedrock Linux is better

NixOS isn't strictly tied to systemd, it's just that right now systemd is pretty much the only way to run NixOS. Service implementation can be done with another init system. Right now it's coupled pretty tightly but there's plenty of NixOS people that would use a different init/service manager if only a decent one was available.

literally nothing wrong with systemd and those who bash it often don't even understand why they do so

If I wanted to bother I'd use GuixSD instead.

I talk about it and use it but get ignored. The real value isn't apparent unless you actually work as a system admin or have dealt with large projects imo, or you're like means freelance using tons of different software and versions and nix is better than docker or virtual machines. It's also very young and plenty of non-critical stuff isn't polished at all. The documentation is basically a huge tangled mess of blog posts, disorganized man or wiki pages, and the code itself. If you use it heavily, be ready to run into very esoteric bugs you have to fix yourself, or simply undocumented behavior you need to figure out through reading code and testing.

I disagree. There's plenty wrong with systemd but that doesn't mean there's a better alternative. I would like for a barebones init system to be in nix for simple systems, and actually there may be and I just don't know. For example I'd like to be able to have a system that just runs a few daemons and that's it, I don't need everything systemd provides all the time, it just adds attack/bug surface.

I'm always shilling NixOS.

Mein neger

nixos is nice and allows more
i love guixsd but nixos is where its at for most people so it should be shilled more

ty handshakeproject for 100k donation to guix

>creates a shill thread
>why doesn't this thread exist?
astute

Attached: Pusheen Tumblr Quotes _ cat love funny chibi anime kawaii dance smile sweet neko funny cat ___.gif (250x214, 51K)

paradoxia

is it similar to git?

Attached: sketch-1552302521551.png (1080x1440, 101K)

install solus

The logo is quite nice tho. Recursive lambdas.

>runit

just-a-shitload-of-roms is a neat concept, looks like they are doing it more correctly than silverblue or clear. imagine if they combined it with ipfs.

but like with any literally who distro if the packages i want arent invented here yet then im gonna go elsewhere

This

Installer ISO crashed for me every time.

I looked at GUIX or Nix to replace Arch. Guix is Free Source though.

Gentoo is cool but not practical for most installs.

>NixOS isn't strictly tied to systemd, it's just that right now systemd is pretty much the only way to run NixOS.
You adding the "strictly" here doesn't save NixOS from being complete garbage as of right now and in the forseable future. Nobody seems to be working on making it systemd-free.

another brainwashed cat-v cultist

>but not practical
How so? Use distcc if your machine is shit.

Insightful response. I'll note it down and use it in the future.

>distcc
>practical

Attached: 1547543257643.jpg (562x530, 69K)

@70436383
Still didn't answer my question of how it's "not practical". Please explain how I am using it in practice if it's "not" "practical"?

I'm not the guy you replied to, I just had to point out how funny it is to even consider distcc practical

sorry but im not a shrink so i can't help you snap out of it

@70436414
Go ahead and explain its impracticality then. Should be easy as fuck to do instead of evading the question for two posts now.

Why should I switch from an OSTree distro to whatever NixOS uses?

I already told you that I'm not here to argue, I came here to laugh at you

As expected, no real practical substance to back your retardation up. Post some some tw*tter black "people" memes instead.

To be more cool in these threads.

Seething.
>Post some some tw*tter black "people" memes instead.
Cool it with the projection, loser.

Attached: 1544096915999.png (600x536, 253K)

>I'm not here to argue
Fuck off to then, kid.

@70436501
You being straight from the /b/ subreddit is showing. I guess a subhuman can't be expected to explain his views, since he doesn't really know why he has them in the first place.

Keep the tears coming, they're delicious.

Why did you stop attaching reddit images to your posts?

Nothing you say will ever get a rise out of me, keep trying though.

Ah, yes, I've heard of it. It's called "trolling" on /b/. Pretty cool stuff, I've watched some cool youtube videos about it the other day.

>trolling
But I hardly even said anything, although I suppose I don't have to considering you've shown how much of a fragile little snowflake you are.