Someone needs to make a web browser extension that screenshots every single webpage you view...

Someone needs to make a web browser extension that screenshots every single webpage you view. I swear to god this would change the way the internet works

>facebook doesn't let you share links to their content. You must be logged in and "allowed" to view it
>same with twitter
>facebook, twitter, youtube all censor their shit regularly
>journalists change their news articles after they are proven wrong
>lol where's your proof I wrote that?
>censor their articles that they got wrong
>be journalist
>write title like "trump has been proven to suck putins cock"
>ppl go "WHERE IS UR PROOF"
>two weeks later they change the title of the article
>"lol I did nothing wrong"
>doesn't matter, still got all the ad view profit from it
>rinse and repeat

This cancer can be prevented

Attached: 1552358000580.png (722x665, 241K)

>what are internet archives

> not printing everything you see online

>websites are structured textual data
>hurr durr we need to invent a way to archive this shit, let's try screenshotting

I rewatched The Ring recently, the chick does this, prints out a bunch of stuff she finds with netscape and windows 95 in the public library, kinda threw me for a loop.

the actual cancer is using Facebook and Twitter at all

Attached: 1554164115803.png (512x424, 214K)

>mum brings round the youtube screenshots again

do the internet archives include threads that the Jow Forums mods have censored? Because those are the only ones I want to see.

Yes.

Didn't some """journalist""" website just declare they're blocking internet archive from accessing their site because """alt right trolls" used it to """harass"" them?

Who cares, go back to Jow Forums.

>Someone needs to make a web browser extension that screenshots every single webpage you view.
and store all of them in an aws bucket with default credential too right?
fuck your botnet idea.

I was just listing a reason why "internet archives" isn't the perfect greatest answer that requires no further discussion
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what's your point?
who disallows you to screenshot everything you watch?

It's the most perfect answer. Screenshots are easily faked. If you don't trust a single archiver, look at the others. If the "butthurt social justice warrior liberals" are crying about it, then you already won. So, fuck off back to Jow Forums.

I didn't say that screenshots were the answer, all I said was that there's a discussion to be had and that it's pretty immature to give a one word reply and call it a day
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sho me

No just download it to a directory of your choosing.

That's too many fucking mouseclicks.

What's the discussion? Please explain why there's a discussion about this from a technological view.

you're a faggot if that is your problem
thousands of solutions already exists

The only safe way to do it would be to have it signed with a trusted GPG key and stored in a blockchain at the exact point of archival so it cant be faked later