Confess

confess

Attached: confess.png (1229x1160, 58K)

you are gay

I got my fist PC in 2004 and I still look at my keyboard when typing

i spent 4k on a computer setup, im poor

i hate windows with a passion but still use it because i think linux is even more stress

I really want to be a cute trap but I don't even own a pair of programming socks

>hates windows
>linux is stressful

I feel this, user.
You're not alone.

Attached: 1554094883955.png (837x837, 290K)

Slowly tuning into a complete Macfag since I have a job and can afford the products. Everything is so much nicer than on windows and I suspect everyone hating on Apple is just poor.

I use Vim because I'm too lazy to learn Emacs.

same

I don't even know anything about technology, I just like lurking here

I hate Intel, but only because of the (((location))) where their hardware is manufactured.

I bash on Apple products but I secretly want to be able to buy them so I can try to increase my chances of getting laid after 25years

Attached: im_fine.jpg (573x605, 18K)

I don't respect any of the modern operating systems but apple and applefags are the only ones I truly hate

I don't understand the false dichotomy about how much so many users on Jow Forums hate apple but talk about not wanting their personal data sold to 3rd parties and security concerns/vulnerabilities. android, on any device anywhere, is grabbing data for google who is turning around and selling it and you don't see a single cent.

apple is also notably very responsible about how they handle your personal data. and their proprietary chipset they use in their mobile devices is known to be the most secure CPUs on the market.

the only thing I can think of is that there are many users who hate apple but don't care about the unethical data handling of other companies like google, and those same users are not the ones who are concerned about privacy/botnet

You'll fit right in

Just confess that you are rude to people on Jow Forums because you're weak in real life

The illusion of privacy Apple offers is not enough to justify locking yourself inside their shitty closed environment. It's better to just install a custom ROM on your Android phone and get rid of everything Google related.

95% of Jow Forums doesn't know anything about technology

My continuous escape from botnet, social media and proprietary software has led me to become paranoid and skeptical about humanity and society as a whole and I am afraid this journey has serverly damaged my mental health but I feel it's too late to go back now

Attached: serveimage.jpg (225x225, 7K)

just stop believing dumb shit

That's not a false dichotomy you egg

I use windows 10 pro, google chrome, discord, microsoft store, microsoft office, MPC-HC, adobe products and Jow Forums is my favorite board.

Attached: 29.png (339x561, 208K)

I got a VII to shill AMD

it's not exactly an illusion of privacy, using a phone connected to a cell network eliminates some privacy then and there. Apple's privacy stems from their ability to enforce a closed environment, yes, but that's still certainly the best you'll get if you want any mobile ecosystem.

I don't know what custom ROM you'd use, maybe there are some cases where (google for example) couldn't get _any_ of your personal data from time of purchase -> daily use. chances are unlikely though

Maybe I meant it's just the dichotomy, not a false dichotomy. Sorry, pic related.

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-05 125614.jpg (686x188, 20K)

Do it, i did it and ive never been happier

i wanted to buy a MacBook Pro in college

I have crippling depression that I'm not getting help for even though it's basically free in my country

i also have anxiety about being sad, and that my life is going to end soon and that my sadness is going to be a major party of that life. also anxiety that my life is basically perfect, I have everything I should need to be happy, and I'm still sad and depressed. and I have anxiety about the fact that I'm not going to get help about my depression and anxiety.

never thought I'd develop heart palpitations :^)

Are you russian?

I'm 23 and past the time I can

no, American living in another country

what are programming socks?

I once asked my professor why it's not called C hashtag without noticing.
Sleeping is important.

What part of linux is stressful? You install XFCE or KDE on debian testing and you're set for life.

i took a shitty art degree in university, which i regret ever getting into, but dropped out in year one and since then i have been only doing self taught programming and i suck at it, but i still like it

Attached: 1553916530933.png (237x330, 43K)

Unironically this.
Sure windows and android might let me do 10% more, but I don’t have the time for that and the connected ecosystem between the devices is too convenient.
Apple’s business model is so much different from google, as well, and unlike google you don’t need to worry about an apple service being shut down

You shouldn't have confessed this

Attached: 1543542042306.gif (220x220, 23K)

I'm only here because of smartphone general.

literally the only reason i'm into tech and sec is because of playing watch dogs 2. im just here to attempt and fail at my deepest desire, which is to just be a lawless hacker who fights for good.

Attached: 1549838011983.jpg (836x543, 111K)

i use windows 7 and i love it

I haven't even tried emacs.

I have downloaded nearly every distro regularly mentioned here. I have only ever installed them on a VM and never taken the full plunge to installing on hard drive.

Windows 10 daily use.

Vanilla icecream better than chocolate icecream

it took me 3 days at work to change a few html attributes and I still didn't do it completely right

>I use windows 10 pro
>I tried using Chromium to keep jewgle off my back but gave up when I had to figure out Api shit
>I paid someone else to assemble my pc. I used to be able to do it but I no longer have the time and the stress of spending 4 hours getting a wifi adapter working isn't something I can handle anymore.
>Somehow when installing a pirated game back in 2014 I fucked up and renamed my a drive to "Nevermind" and its icon changed to an exe. It let's me try to rename the drive but the name never actually changes. It's been like that ever since.

>I fucked up and renamed my a drive to "Nevermind" and its icon changed to an exe. It let's me try to rename the drive but the name never actually changes. It's been like that ever since.
check if there's a 'desktop.ini' in the root of the drive, if so, delete it

My wife's iPhone 7 shit the bed last Tuesday, and I traded it in for an iPhone XR instead of finally breaking her out of the Apple ecosystem like I kept telling myself I would. She's just too much of a normie to even care at this point.

Attached: 1547877488195.jpg (480x477, 16K)

iphones are better anyway.

I use Apple and Google products combined because it not only makes my life easier, but I think are probably the best in field without spending a ridiculous amount.

Appreciate it user but at this point I might just keep it. It's been 5 years and I've kind of grown attached to it. Plus it makes for a good joke.

I buy Apple products for my wife's black boyfriend's mixed race daughter (male)

chromium is just a placebo anyway

Attached: 1553690606633.jpg (470x470, 31K)

I wish I didn't care about privacy. It would make things so much easier

I don't know how to break up my Java programs into smaller pieces, and I'm sitting on 10000+ loc on even trivial shit.

learn how to call on different programs within your program. shouldn't be that hard to learn. Hardest part will be actively segmenting your code since you already have a fuckton of it.

I don't know user, maybe the part where I can't install and use 90% of the stuff out there

the only sex an apple product can give you is BUTTSEX.

i wanted and looked up to apple and the macintosh line, until i got used macos and got a macbook, now i hate them and think that anyone who likes them are retarded

I'm the one shilling Apple every day, and there's nothing you can do about it

I use a Samsung TV running 1440p@120hz instead of a trashy gaming monitor and I like it.

rip your eyes

Why im sitting on a couch

Attached: perfect-couch-pc-gaming-setup.jpg (640x486, 44K)

>KDE
i would rather kill myself thanks but no thanks

I use WMaker, but KDE is objectively the best, most customizable DE out there.

I don't like how buggy it is, and I don't want a windows clone to begin with

>buggy
how so? And if you don't want a windows clone there will always be WMs.

granted my experience with KDE was Neon, I had never experienced such asinine shit happening, widgets would stop working, windows would fuck up, many many many hard-resets when they UI would freeze up
i would rather use something autistic like i3-wm where then at least when it fucks up its because of my own retarded config files

>KDE neon
its shit. I've used KDE on Gentoo and Opensuse for a year and had no problems with it.

i was temp banned for posting a qrcode yesterday that decoded to:

>"Linux has not yet learned how to be monolithic. And I think systemd is going to be part of the throes of that transformation, which must take place. Linux is not going to be the free-as-in-freedom kernel that it once was in the last century. Systemd is going to be at the center of that. It's a huge transformation for Linux to make. It is now going into a GNU/systemd mode, and Poettering will be resented because of his leading role. But without that leading role, and without that transformation, Linux will not survive."

- the truth is the truth, even if no one believes it
- a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it

Attached: 5e5dc85f-dda8-416c-a971-99509f2a0de5.jpg (508x472, 50K)

>i type with 7 fingers at most, never learned to type
>i used nano until very recently because i was to lazy to learn the basics of vim
>i own a nintendo switch, i bought it mainly for dark souls remastered
>i sometimes watch the Bryan Lunduke show and like some of it

I had an iPhone once.

I want to be fucked in the ass

i like RGB LEDs of all types. no homo

Attached: f667a070-bb0d-45d9-8970-a6609475448d..png (960x819, 275K)

London?

When i first got my programming job why the fuck do you need 90% of GoF patterns,

Years later and i still don't.

Same bro, same

I laugh at some really incredibly moronic shitposting.

I debug with print statements.

I'm using Chrome on my MacBookPro at this very moment.

Attached: original.gif (500x281, 1.51M)

I shouldn't have gone for the software enginiggering. I have gotten to the point where tasks are insurmountable and my peers are way ahead of me. I should have chosen literature or another humanitarian shit and code for a fun.

I never learned how to properly type
I hunt and peck with my eyes glued to the keyboard and typo very frequently

Macos is my perfers os
I hate amd and only buy intel or nvidia
I program java for a living and dont care about any othet langs

Attached: 1537499573051_0.png (963x766, 499K)

Are you me?

>bless me Jow Forums for I have sinned
>I've been coming to Jow Forums for years despite not knowing how to write a single line of code.
> Ienjoy the inanity of the board, the bst and build threads, the tech news, and the shitposting.
>I'm a hobbyist when it comes to computer hardware (my famalam has paid me to build and "set up" their computers for nearly a decade, which just involves putting parts together, installing win 10 with classic shell, adblockers, etc., and telling them what to click on and what not to).
Oh, and as a cherry on top, I'm in a humanities discipline with basically no future but I've been in these kinds of departments so long that I have no other skills. I'll be babysitting zoomers by feeding them leftie buzzwords until the booze finally ends me.
>pic unrelated

Attached: e30.jpg (1856x887, 214K)

I'm stupid.

I like to go to programmer threads and pretend I'm a real programmer but I failed out of programming in college and only program for indie game dev in godot and gamemaker.

Attached: 1438039440645.png (256x256, 101K)

What can't you install apart from games (legitimate reason to use Windows) or MS Office (shit reason, but maybe you have to use it on the job).

Windows sucks. Never used a Mac but since I've used Linux, why should I?

My confessuin us that im fuckin DRUNK right nkw, bitches

Gey FUCKED

FUCK NIGGERS, FUCK WOMEN,.FUCK MINORITIES, AND FUCK JANNIES

Because macOS by and large just works.
You don't need to waste time configuring a million things. You can't rice it like you can linux, but it's a beautifully designed OS and, unlike Windows, has no ads.
That's the main reason I switched from Windows to macOS; paying money for an ad-ridden OS is unacceptable.

i love windows XP so much that i haven't buy any rig since 2006, seriously, i'm using my HP PC 2006 Windows XP with Chrome right now.