The bittorrent protocol is the best example of a technology that is super powerful but that people don't even use for...

The bittorrent protocol is the best example of a technology that is super powerful but that people don't even use for anything good. All people use it for is to basically pirate. But there are so many other applications for bittorrent that go far beyond muh free movies.

Attached: 1551509943662.png (600x654, 678K)

pirating things is good what are you talking about

/thread desu

What do you want to use it for? Video calls?

Do I need to distribute it before someone can watch it?

Fpbp. Piracy is a moral imperative until lawmakers get off their corrupt asses and make copyright law sane again. Might take a while, so torrent away!

how do you even pirate anyway if you don't steal nor rob, you just copy because it doesn't physically even exist

I think the only company in the history of planet that ever used bittorrent how it was actually intended was blizzard. When comcast was trying to make bitorrent illegal bilzzard sued them for outright blocking the bitrorrent protocol. Blizzard used bittorrent to distribute the files for the videogame world of warcraft massively reducing the costs of running the game.

This. Many applications use BitTorrent for updating purposes

>many

You've got the trump disease. Please site ten, which wont include blizzard.

>implying i don't use it to download things from archive.org
>implying i don't use it to download distro ISOs
>implying it isn't used to update applications
>implying pirating is bad

You've also got the Trump disease, the word is spelled "cite", not "site".

Quit talking out of your ass

Microsoft does it for Windows Update.

Sounds good. List of ten applications that use BT for updating purposes?

How do you attack ships with the bittorrent protocol?

> computer files don't exist
tell that to the pedos locked up in prison

>it doesn't physically even exist
files do physically exist, in one form or another, be it magnetic patterns on a hard disk, or patterned electrons on an ssd, or pits/lands on an optical disc, etc
what separates files on a cd and words in a book? "the cd isn't the files?" the words in a book aren't "the book", either, yet it's only the words which are copyrighted

good
>downloading the high res resources for space engine

i can download ubuntu with it

Bitcoin is the ultimate peer to peer protocol but nobody (even so called experts) understand this

A copy for personal use or for non-profit distribution is good, prices for some commodities are prohibitively expensive which makes some educational resources unreachable. This is essentially making open knowledge information like ebooks out of the hands of the poor.

It's like building a copy of a building based off blueprints but on your land or making McDonald's for yourself but non-tangible.

Purely profiteering off pirated content is wrong though.

Most korean mmorpgs used peer to peer for client updating, that's way more than 10

tons of mmo clients update using bittorrent

MMO updates and even Windows updates are delivered p2p today.

> ________ technology isn't being used to its full potential!
Why don't you take advantage of this then and make some *easy* money. Write some code and make use of all those specific ways you know _______ tech isn't being properly utilized.