Why are things the way they are?

Why are things the way they are?
Will the middle class ever develop a sense of aesthetics?

Attached: 1524393377671.png (1280x621, 1.05M)

All of those look ugly

post a good looking motherboard right now

>middle-class

The real problem is I can't find a retarded-end motherboard with dual procs AND gamer designs.

Even HEDT motherboards are full of gamer leds nowadays.

Attached: g1assassin011.jpg (800x600, 136K)

>good looking motherboard
no such thing

if you spend your money for anything like this you deserve to be shot in the chest

I remember a story about that brand. See that fake ammo clip? Company also makes one shaped like a fake gun. Idiot tried to bring his pc through the TSA and when they saw it they disassembled his pc to take it out. And by disassembled I mean they ripped out the graphics card, ram, and cpu with needlenose pliers.

nigga should buy a gun shaped like a motherboard instead

Attached: 1549748057855.jpg (247x204, 5K)

>good looking motherboard
Imagine being so much of a zoomer that you care how a component inside a case looks

>it's important to me how a thing I put into an opaque box looks
okay retard

>Will the middle class ever develop a sense of aesthetics?
Will gaymer faggots even have taste in technology? Never.

>"WS"
>double ethernets
>properly aligned RAM for maximum airflow
>economy

Here you go. It's as good as it looks.

Attached: gigabyte_ga_990fxa_ud3_r5_990fx_esata_6gb_s_usb_1175645.jpg (1000x1000, 212K)

>See that fake ammo clip?
there are no ammo clips, fake or not in that photograph, what are you referring to?

A lot of tech is sold on visuals to idiots. Just look at mobile phones. Especially the modern smartphone has gone from usability focused design into just flat out flashy shit that isn't actually good to use. Fucking notches, edge to edge displays, weird aspect ratios, screens curving near the edge and whatever. I have small hands and I still have problems with accidental touch registering on a fuckload of smartphones at the edge of the screen because it's impossible to hold the damn things properly.

>bad looking motherboard
no such thing

Green pcbs are sexy I don't care what anyone says

Ok asshole it's a magazine, STFU.

>economy motherboard
>more expensive than "middle-class"

Attached: board_bigq.jpg (1024x865, 162K)

Bitchin
You just can't be mad at pink soldermask

>op was owned multiple times by chinese pepper cultivation image board users

Fuck i want more shit like this

the horseshoe effect at it's finest.

Why would anyone care about hardware aesthetics? you put that shit in a case and never watch it again unless you need to swap or clean something

Is this the contrarian thread? My Aorus Gaming 7 looks gorgeous. Absolutely premium build. If you think real boards look like something out of 1999 you have autism.

This board cancer. Glad it's in the trash where it belongs now.

>premium
>literally means "paying extra for no good reason"

How did this become such an industry buzzword

reminder that black pcbs cost more to manufacture for zero gain

F*ck u

Attached: 8A897D7A-04C8-4293-B532-EADA933BDC58.jpg (400x400, 31K)

now that was a motherboard. remove the yellowish "stickers" and you have the finest looking mobo around.

Attached: 02-board.jpg (602x686, 168K)

Unironically

Attached: E74BB696-DE4C-400A-BC05-06741FF9554F.jpg (800x590, 172K)

Dude it's sleek and very well built with steel reinforced RAM and PCI-E lanes. Fucking sweet

This is the stupidest bait I've seen in ages. Good job.

How is it bait?
It's quite reflective of reality.

>all these shit
You guys are even trying?

Attached: X99-E-10G-WS_2D-C.jpg (1842x2061, 2.23M)

grandmotherboard

Attached: ECS-386_32 motherboard of revision 1.0.jpg (1823x1220, 2.26M)

Yeah, that's what a case is for.

Do you assemble and repair your PCs blindfolded?

I just order prebuilts.

#Swag

Pic

Also Middle-classe is too concerned about brand and status to buy amd come on...

Attached: EVGA Z390 Dark Motherboard ATX.jpg (1048x1092, 384K)

Who needs a motherboard when you can have a system on a chip?

Attached: 1200px-Raspberry-Pi-2-Bare-BR.jpg (1200x953, 160K)

Enjoy being part of the onions-punk botnet.

Attached: dfilpnf4sli_f.jpg (450x377, 101K)

god i miss those times.

Attached: 91MbVH+RmOL._SL1500_.jpg (1238x1500, 456K)

Since AMD has lower performance, it is the poor signaling to other poor their status. Intel users are not the ones performing crusades on (4)reddit. Nice cope.

Lol the middle one is the best one there. I even hav it on my Amazon basket waiting to be bought.

>Lol the middle one is the best one there. I even hav it on my Amazon basket waiting to be bought.
No ECC support
Only 1 CPU socket
Only 4x RAM instead of 16x
Lower memory bandwidth
Slow 1 Gbit/s Ethernet

You forgot
>overly expensive xeons
>shitty single thread

>post a good looking motherboard right now
440bx

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (640x480, 97K)

Economy cuts every corner to keep it cheap
Middle to the Middle class they put some flashy shit to lure the goyim's Short attention span and their need for compensation.
High end its all about features. Which color the pcb is won't make it perform better, etc.

Attached: rgb_ssd.png (1074x488, 164K)

WTF would anyone need 2 CPUs for?

You don't have a Ryzen, do you?

>Not having a compute cluster in your room
I bet you also fell for the 8GiB meme

>Being able to see your MOBO
Yikes
I hope guy guys don't have PC cases with clear side panels.

Attached: 1552146845431.png (339x345, 187K)

OPs pic is retarded
In an actual economy board it wouldn't be green instead it would look like this

Attached: 13-157-871-V80.jpg (1280x960, 261K)

>muh current year black fad

Attached: 1534497475066.gif (478x350, 84K)

What should it be then?

True patrician taste. 440BX is the greatest chipset ever produced. There are so many seksi versions.

Printed circuit boards are not meant to be beautiful. Who the fuck looks inside a computer?

Green, the cheapest and most practical coating

black is never out of fashion

Fuck niggers

>evga cant handle 4 ram slots
>2 random giant yellow capacitors
>fan headers in the centre of the motherboard

but user, when do you ever look at your mother board aside from dusting out your computer or installing components. Don't tell me you're a /v/-tard with a windowed case.

It doesn't matter what your soldermask color is as any PCB manufacturer worth their salt will charge the same rate

Two DIMM slots is better than four for overclocking purposes, even if only two are used in the latter case.
It's not marketed at your regular premium user.

legit awesome motherboard, hope EVGA jump on the AMD bandwagon when Zen2 turn out to be a good overclocker

Attached: 1544823749743.png (436x414, 302K)

Based

>its a feature
kek

Literally, yes?
I'm not OP by the way and won't defend it because I own it, since I don't.
Give to Ceasar what belongs to Caesar, it's a really nice extreme overclocking board.

Girls love that shit bro, sexy metal and tasteful rgb (my case in black, my components are silver and black with white fans and there's gold lighting on the components that look classy from the custom smoke black side panel I mounted.

It is though.
There is a reason the standard is 2x8 and not 4x4 this days.

>It's not marketed at your regular premium user
It's perplexing as hell though that you are given all these nice right angle connectors, dual NICs, Wifi and supposedly decent audio
I guess it's also for the kind of users that want a supercar but don't actually do anything with it

RAM closer to the socket means less latency how hard is this to understand?

Clipazine retardation is inexcusable, fuck off

i love the asus WS boards
wish they werent so much money, i would love to own one

yet somehow MSI can also support 4600mhz with 4 slots.

Besides the planned obsolesce lytic caps, this is what aesthetic board looks like.

Attached: 1459951.jpeg.png (480x549, 534K)

>It's perplexing as hell though that you are given all these nice right angle connectors, dual NICs, Wifi and supposedly decent audio
Probably because there is no compromise to adding that as opposed to the additional DIMM slots that have to either share traces with or go around the existing ones.
And extreme overclocking is already a premium market, so making a barebones one strictly for OC capability would create a new segment that doesn't have to exist.
Sure they can. This board would do better in the same scenario assuming the BIOS works just as well.

How fucking long do you plan to use a motherboard that some electrolytic caps are a concern?

As someone who has actually had a GF, unlike 90% of Jow Forums; women don't care about that shit.
Just like how women can't guess a man's height or the lenght of his dick.

Because taking a side panel off is hard...
Most modern cases require a single button push

Attached: 1551918763006.jpg (960x711, 43K)

No green pcb is shit. I know g like to be contrarian but this is just low assbait

You take that back, user.

>green pcb is shit.
Elaborate.

Elaborate on these caps, please. Is it not an issue with other boards? What boards are generally affected?

Yes and?

>As someone who has actually had a GF, unlike 90% of Jow Forums; women don't care about that shit.
Women don't care about RGB? You must be kidding.

>caring about how electronics look like
you must be some kind of retard to care about it, if you dont care only about performance, you are an iToddler, but a virgin and autistic one, like this one

Attached: 1547260360779.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

They dry or explode.
All electrolytic caps do, reason why solid caps last way more.
We are talking about years more of total life at the same temperatures.

Shocking, isn't it? To great surprise women neither care about RGB keyboards nor about aftermarket exhausts.

Great, now what mainboards do I find solid caps on?

Not yet no

Anything since 2010 uses solid caps only when it comes to motherboards.

How long would it take for that to happen tho?
If the motherboard was all electrolytic I can see maybe 10-15 years until the motherboard shitcans itself due to a capacitor but there are solid caps in the areas that matter and get stress so that changes things a little