Tempered Side panel

Is there a reason to not go for a glass side panel on cases?

Attached: 1543707723936.png (1000x1000, 806K)

More expensive and soundproofing isn't as good.

What good cases without a transparent side panel can you get nowadays?

>soundproofing isn't as good
any online measurements for comparision?

I don't have anything on hand right now, I just remember that being the case with the specific case in OP's pic. Maybe GN's review of it?

Ofcourse!
>Hides the retarded LEDS from your gay ass hardware
>Limits light pollution in your room
>Dampens the sound even better
>Allows you to sleep with your pc turned on

>having your case on the left under your desk or in any other position where the glass side panel isn't visible at all
>using your computer for actual work and not putting it on display as a design object

Fractal design and bequiet.

The only cases you should ever consider anyways.

these often dont have enough ports for disk drives or the size to accomodate large coolers and componenets
am i being retarded and missing something because thats thats the only reason stopping me from getting fractal/bequiet!

It's the start of a slippery slope. Leading to RGB and Apple faggotry. Better not to go that way.

Attached: 1525359234760.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

FD R6 has fuckloads of drives, like all of them and can accommodate a 2 fan AIO at front or a 3-4fan radiotor on top, although opening the top immediately kills the noise supression.

If you like AIO for some reason you can have your cpu radiator in front, gpu eadiator as a bottom exhaust and still fit fuckliads of drives and a dvd/bd drive if you need it.

The thing is crazy.

How do they compare to a coolermaster 500p mesh?
I want something quiet but still with good thermals.

I can't be assed to try importing a case with a glass side panel into my shit hole country

dope as hell thanks, my techfu is feeble

The front door on my R6 is pretty heavy an padded, opening and closing it makes a very significant difference in noise but the temps stay the same

So i consider the closed front to be a very good design.
As for the airflow the side vents are very wide so they dont obstruct the air too much but the do trap the noise inside

My personal blast furnace build with a Vega 64 Nitro+ and a 2700x with an air cooler stays under 70C while being rather uninteusive at full load.
While idling the system is completely inaudible.

But i did also replace all the stock fans with Silent Wings 3

tempered glass versions of the Fractal does leak more noise than the side-panel version but that's very specific to Fractal Design who has sound dampening material. I have two R5's, one with tempered glass and one with a solid side panel. tested both on both cases, there is a difference but it's not huge.

this really doesn't translate to other cases, though. a tempered glass side-panel can easily be better than some thin flimsy metal sheet with no sound dampening.

I don't like the R6, btw. Not at all. That PSU shroud thingy means a bottom intake fan, something that really does help with GPU temperatures, isn't an option. Kind of ruins the whole case for me. also,
>FD R6 has fuckloads of drives,
you can in theory have a lot of drives but they do the "hdd trays sold separately" thing and that's unacceptable. the R5 came with room for 8 drives, no separate purchase required.

FD R6 can even have this.

Attached: 17jefmmjaqcoujpg.jpg (300x166, 8K)

>"hdd trays sold separately"

My R6 came with all of them included.

Maybe you can buy more if you lose them and maybe you can buy additional SSD mounts for the psu shroud but this is the stock configuration.

>My R6 came with all of them included.
now that's interesting. perhaps they are doing some strange per-country skews where some get all the trays and other's don't?

or it's greedy retailers pulling some out and selling them separately? wouldn't put that past them

>Allows you to sleep with your pc turned on
i've never really understood this point. my shitheap of a pc is quieter than a ceiling fan at idle and unless you're a total insomniac a few gaymer rbg fans and ram wont stop you from sleeping unless its right next to your head.

why does the usb-c r6 cost lower than the ones that dont?

Not being a fag, I guess.

Im a total insonmiac, any amount of noise or light bothers me even my own heartbeat.

Whoopsie my bad.
Perhaps i didn't look into my own case for too long.

R6 comes with 2 ssd and 6 hdd/ssd mounts oob while also having the room for more.

But i think 6 Hdds is a plenty for most people.