/spg/ - Smartphone General

Zenfone cutie edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1554322611707.jpg (572x596, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/hemker/apkgrabber
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-dérivatives
cdiscount.com/telephonie/telephone-mobile/sony-xperia-xz1-noir/f-1440402-sonyxperxz1noir.html
support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/4457705#when_updates
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

should i save up money and wait for the a60's release?
i feel content on buying it and it seems good and it has infinity-O display.
i like the look of it

Attached: galaxy-6-tenaa.jpg (1365x626, 106K)

Where were you when phones started shipping with 10GB RAM minimum? What a time.

Man up and buy chinkshit. Fuck this infinity homo display. Corner camera holes are CANCER just like notches. Buy something cheap with bezels.

I hate smartphones but i need a new one, i don't know shit about the current stuff but i've eyed the moto g7 because of the battery life which is what i care about the most.
Watsapp/calls/browser represent 99% of the usage for me, so i only need longevity and battery life. Any better recommendations?

Found Sony XZ1 on sale at 220€ brand new (probably stock clearance), it got several features i look for like ip68.
It's already a 1.5 year old model despite being a flagship model when released and it hasn't a lot third party roms support. Should i go for it ?

>Snapdragon 675
mhmmm

Where do I get Pre-build custom ROMs?
I'm looking for lineage OS or Cynogenmod for i9100/Samsung Galaxy S2.

Attached: 1554234797702.jpg (768x960, 175K)

Pocochad checking in... heres your app of the day github.com/hemker/apkgrabber

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

i thought all a series phones from 2019 and onwards are powered by Exynos processors

try digging in the same trash bin you found your phone in

I got it for free along GS3, and Moto5

Look here : forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-dérivatives

But since it's an old device i don't think there still official support from lineage anymore.

Fuck yes. It's a fantastic phone. I wish I could get it. Fuck ROMs, stock is grand. Enjoy it

Here is a link to the offer :
cdiscount.com/telephonie/telephone-mobile/sony-xperia-xz1-noir/f-1440402-sonyxperxz1noir.html

In case you're in a zone where merchant ship to.

Best Foss file manager?

Ordered from AliExpress, hope my appeal goes through quickly.

Also Honey got me a 5 dollar cupon, guess it works after all.

Attached: file.png (717x94, 22K)

I know that, I'm looking for the latest stable release.
Also what's a nightly build?

Mixplorer

>Ordered from AliExpress
why would you do that, is it not sold in your country?

Was like 50 bucks cheaper on Aliexpress because Xiaomi has a sale going on right now.

It also has "faster" shipping, it says 1-20 days instead of the classic 30-40.

I see the Note 7 4/64 for 179€
It's 199€ new in the stores here?

Attached: cute-drugs-friends-girls-Favim.com-1908454.jpg (500x333, 44K)

You're gonna get chinked now boy

Are there any benefits to using lineageOS on a Google pixel or is root good enough?

I'm an early adopter of the chinese neo imperialism.

I need a screen protector and a case for my S10, recommend me one. Leaning towards otterbox Defender but I kinda want to hold out for the LifeProof Fre

Attached: 1512707375978.jpg (500x500, 40K)

>Mexico

chinkshit has notches though

Everything does now...

Drugs are never cute and these girls are junkies.

OnePlus 7/7T doesn't.

I mean that's a hookah, most likely it's just tobacco. I guess it is still a drug tho.

Zenfone with 6GB and >3400mAh battery in the US when?

They always cap their shit at 3 or 4 GB

Attached: jake.png (402x367, 150K)

Seems closed source to me

simple file manger

It's for junkie arabs

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

>OnePlus 7/7T doesn't.
Oh God... You're back.

>hating girls sucking phallic objects
Are you gay?

Attached: __shuten_douji_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_hamalu__sample-eb457f549e6395f5ed384841520ff993.jpg (850x1264, 234K)

>heres your app of the day
Pretty cool stuff. Doesn't feature the full package as something like Aurora store though.

Should I get the Redmi Note 7 or wait for the Xiaomi Mi A3?

Are you running a desktop mode?

Galaxy S8 Active
>phone has a good amount of weight
>flat display
>4000mAh
>sturdy enough to be /out/
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint) doesn't even need a custom rom
>good amount of bezels without any notches or holes
>getting android 9 so you'll be running same experience as s10
>no unlocked bootloader but oh well
Just a beautiful phone

Attached: 462632-samsung-galaxy-s8-active.jpg (1300x732, 124K)

is it indicative of anything that iphones ship with 6 and are just as fast as androids with 10-12?

Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint) doesn't even need a custom rom
Just a beautiful phone

>titanium backup
>back up user+system
>move folder to pc
>wipe device
>flash new rom
>boot new rom
>do setup
>reboot
>install titanium backup
>move backup to phone
>flash backup using titanium backup
>reboot
Now i should have all my shit back and ready on the new ROM right? Am i missing any steps?

Root

I personally think the Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
Just a beautiful phone

And also gapps if you want them

Have you tried the Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
Just a beautiful phone

Yeah, got magisk and pico gapps, more interested in retaining the data at this moment.

can you shut the fuck up. you fucking moron. the s8 active is a steaming pile of fucking shit to the point where looking at it wrong causes the screen to shatter. there wasnt even a fucking s9 active and there sure as hell wont be an s10 active because the s8 active was so fucking bad. you like shilling? let me shill some fucking rope. its on sale at walmart. why not give it a try around your fucking neck? you bumbling fucking idiot.

sounds like someone needs to try out the Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
Just a beautiful phone

I'd say just filter me, but it looks like I have a copycat now, didn't even have to post it today, although he seems to have changed it a little bit.

What the fuck.
It's fucking weird how VPN doesn't work on one of my google accounts even on different phones and tablets.
Any other account works without any problem, except this one.

>he seems to have changed it a little bit
why would anyone change the Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
Just a beautiful phone

Hey you're spreading the word for me now, and for free at that. I honestly couldn't ask for more

cute girl

Any idea how to force a google drive backup for a particular app? Some apps backup daily but there's one that hasn't been backed up in six months, what's up with that?

Hey uh... Im due for an upgrade now. What should i get the Pixel 3 or Galaxy S10+?

I have the pixel 1 right now but it kinda sucks. I tried to upgrade it from 7 to 8 and it bricked the phone and they had to replace it. Now (still on 7 because fuck that happening again) every time i plug it in the touchscreen fucks up and just does whatever it wants. Has google made improvements to their hardware or am I just going to get the same bullshit with the 3? I literally had no problems with my previous samsung so they seem like the obvious choice but im still not sure

>every time i plug it in the touchscreen fucks up and just does whatever it wants
Sounds like a connection/ground problem, did you take it apart before?

>take it apart
Have you seen the pixel 1? its as locked as an iphone (i mean physically like taking it apart would destroy the thing)

Hrm, I like XZ1 because it's relatively small, but it's ~220€ for a 3(?) year old phone

like, the red note 7 is 180-200€, and it seems to have a comparable quality camera (?)
but it's so big...

god, sometimes I hate the endless possible choices available

I've replaced some screens, and a common issue I had on iPhones (which are by the way much easier than any phone that disassembles from the back side) and my common problem was screwing up touchscreen ground, it would work only while I'm holding the case, and also freak out when low quality charger was used.

I'm thinking the only viable solution is going Stallman-mode. no phone is debotnettable (at least from google and ad servers) without considerable effort, android's driver model is still retarded and thus it's hard to keep a custom ROM up to date and mostly bug free... which is a shame, because a midrange smartphone today has pretty good computing power, could definitely run full blown linux distros on them, if they weren't locked down POS.

just use root, it's basically barebones android already

free form windows switched in developer options

Is that like dex mode or something?

That'll be your daughter one day.

how could you not consider the Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
Just a beautiful phone

If you want smol, get smol. It has front firing speakers which is extremely based. The camera is servicable.

What do you mean bro? They're literally the only good chinkphones out there that don't have notches.

You really think there's a human female willing to bear my children?
The hookah is an art by itself, basically old school vaping

Attached: __darjeeling_girls_und_panzer_drawn_by_sabaku_chitai__sample-ce19d3a0b3137675c217bb433a85e6cc.jpg (850x638, 86K)

I'm on AT&T in America. I kind of have large hands, and want a bigger phone. Should I go for the Note9, the S10+ or other?

Pixel 2 XL for $350

Good deal Jow Forums?

Attached: Capture.png (1251x682, 152K)

Note8

Note 9, they screwed up the entire S10 line

S10e Y/N? I want a "small" phone

ye

As somebody who has had both note 8 and is now using a note 9, I'd say save the money and go with a note 8 not unless good speakers are important to you.
The note 9 isn't really a big enough upgrade outside of that.

Both are great phones though. Especially if you're an drawfag, you can use it as a mini sketchpad to get some ideas down quick.

Trying to flash Lineage on S7, what's the difference between hemidall and fast boot?

Attached: 44583230_121418808760059_352666793122841422_n.jpg (640x800, 82K)

Or you could get the
Galaxy S8 Active
>flat display
>4000mAh
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
Just a beautiful phone

My main reason for getting the note 9 instead of the 8 is battery mAH. The extra 700 is really appealing, especially considering I have a 3300mAH phone right now, and it feels like one YouTube video drains a lot of battery.

I need to get laid too haha

>cares about battery life on Samtrash phones

Note8 just got the pie updates, battery life has improved very much.
>youtube
No surprise, use skytube instead or youtube vanced.

This is my first time in this general and im already sick of your shit (tho i did have a giggle)

Yeah kind of, but there's also the issue of future updates for the OS, no? No use buying a new device if it's not supported a year from now :S

>Not caring about battery life on any phone you buy

Has the actual main camera sensor changed at all from the S6 to the S10? I remember hearing that the S8's camera was basically the same as the S7's camera and that the S9's camera was the same as the S8's camera. If so have the only improvements/refinements to the camera been mainly on the software side?

Is the s10 plus good for reading manga? Did anyone here try it with tachiyomi?

it just creates windows for apps that support the mode, surprisingly many do, also you can adjust your dpi seeing for a better resolution on big screens, hook up your keyboard/mouse usb and yeah like dex

How long would a Pixel 2 get OS updates after Android Q? I'm planning on buying one after my nexus 6P

why are you planning on buying an already incredibly obsolete phone some time in the future

Attached: 1489861519275.jpg (612x716, 313K)

Obviously it's not the same sensor considering S6 has a a 16MP sensor and the later ones have a 12MP sensor. This is what sensor each phone has (Samsung sources the camera sensors from either Sony or uses Isocell sensors manufactured by Samsung themselves):
S6: Sony IMX240 or Isocell S5K2P2
S7: Sony IMX260 / Isocell S5K2L1
S8: Sony IMX333 / Isocell S5K2L2
S9: Sony IMX345 / Isocell S5K2L3
S10: Sony IMX??? / Isocell SAK2L4

Not to forget S9 and S10 have the dual aperture feature.

Test

Well, I'm not paying over 1000 eur for a phone again when the predecessor is so much cheaper but still better than the one I currently have. I'm pleased with my 6P but it's starting to act up sometimes so I'm going to need to upgrade in the near future. I'm going to wait to see what they have in store for I/O but I need to start planning

support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/4457705#when_updates
>Pixel 2 / 2 XL
>No guaranteed Android version updates after October 2020
>No guaranteed security updates after October 2020

So you will get Android R at the very least. The original Pixel is getting Android Q even though its guaranteed update support ended in 2018, so if Google does the same with the Pixel 2 you might get Android S in 2021 too.

>already incredibly obsolete
Explain yourself

I think we might see Pixel 3 Lite and 3 XL Lite at I/O, since the leaks said they'd be launching in the first half of 2019.