Why do electricianx do all this shit, why not just connect the switch to led

Why do electricianx do all this shit, why not just connect the switch to led

Attached: electronic-pnp-transistor-switch.gif (765x683, 345K)

The reisistance is to keep all those precious electrons from being lost

This is strictly a marketing board.

>why not just connect the switch to led

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

LEDs will blow out pretty quickly if you don't use a resistor. They're not rated for that kind of voltage/current.

Attached: IMG_2552.jpg (1772x1772, 1.03M)

That circuit has 2 uses. One is for showing how a transistor works. The other is using a low current signal, like one from a microcontroller, to power LEDs.

I've gotten by with DIY electronics without using resistors or capacitors, I don't even know why ground exists, just that it needs to lead somewhere or else your shit doesn't work

Judging by the visuals it's made to show how transistor works.

They actually do, this image is showing the resistance that arises spontaneously from the electrons refusing to work too hard

why do electricianx put trillions of transistors in a CPU, why not just switch them all manually

Attached: Haswell_Chip.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 407K)

to show how a transistor works?

also
>electrician

my fucking sides

In this case it's overkill, but with this configuration you don't need a beefy switch or a beefy wiring to and from the switch if you are handling a fair amount of current.

Also potentially less wear in case of high current (although you now have the adittional failure mode of the mosfet)

>t. Engineer

Doesn't really do a good job of explaining why you would do this but it shows how it works.

Sometimes a switch is significantly far away and running heavy gauge wire across to it is less cost effective than running smaller gauge wire to a transistor which then has a short run of heavy gauge wire to the components being switched.

Transistors can also be combined in various ways to make "logic gates" which allows for more complex switching modes.

>Why
Because the LEDS are rated 1.8V and the source is 9V so they use resistors to waste the extra voltage as an easy way.
The hard way would be to use a dc-dc circuit and no one's got time for that.

This is fuckigh 7th grade physics you tardo.

>why not just connect the switch to led

Attached: 1554022718368.jpg (638x1000, 86K)

12 volt input needs to be cut off to a 1.8v rated LED? Otherwise LED might explode

It will just shine brighter

You hook up a 9v high current source to your LEDs and see how it goes.

nice ts-808 stevie

Actual high IQ Jow Forums post

Thanks.

Attached: IMG_2578.jpg (1536x2048, 807K)

did you print your own circuit board?

how? ive been wanting to do that.

Not OP but I connected a LED to the 5V of my arduino without resistors and it instantly blew...
I'm not good with electricity...

why put the resistor on the negative and not the positive end? wouldnt it make sense to only INPUT the weaker signal?

I don't, I just buy kits, but you *can* print your own circuit boards but it involves a lot work and nasty chemicals. Fortunately there are services that you can send schematics to and they will get them printed and shipped out to you real quick and pretty cheap.

Nice clock Ahmed

Shit nigger i remember a girl who said 4+7 was 14 in 9th grade but i still refuse to believe people are actually this dumb.

And pull a shitload of current.

Attached: 1532232051019.png (1000x1000, 40K)

You need resistors for LEDs. And this circuit is to demonstrate what a transistor does, not to light an LED.

Actual non brainlet here.

>I connected a LED to the 5V of my arduino without resistors and it instantly blew...
Didn't you read the fucking instructions before trying to connect the LEDs? If you assumed you didn't need resistors just because then you are not "bad with electricity", you are just an idiot and a danger in general.

Actually is just Electronics 101.

The absolute state of this board

noooooo
stop talking about technology

> I don't even know why ground exists
what
you need electrons to go from a to b, or nothing happens.
Usually ground is just the negative pole of your power source.
then electrons flow from the positive to the negative pole, I mean not really, I mean that's how we imagine it, and all of the logic is built like this is whats happening, but in reality the negative electrons flow from the negative side to the positive, but that actually doesn't matter, and we just got so used to using it wrong that is stayed.

Technically DC flows from negative to positive

Oops should've read the whole post