Have you upgraded to linux kernel 5.0 yet?

pic clearly not related

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-172605_Settings.png (1080x1920, 137K)

Why do they use such an old linux kernel gloriously backported a thousand times in android?

Why not just throw 5.0 at it and call it a day?

Attached: 1553033716310.jpg (640x623, 33K)

Still on 4.14.

Attached: reading.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

99% of Jow Forumstards don't understand linux kernel version numbering.
The 3rd and 4th numbers indicate drivers, added features and patch level, not the first and second numbers.
However, at current date, if you're building extra kernel modules, the code you're building it from is probably designed on/for the 4.20 kernel

>that vendor security patch tho.
lafgdroid will defend this

>have you upgraded to linux kernel 5.0 yet?
No

Because the Android kernel has a lot of patches that haven't been mainlined, so doing that would require to port all the existing patches to the new version.

Sony had the same problem with FreeBSD, for instance, so they decided to simply mainline all their patches so every upgrade will already have them and all bugfixes and testing will be done by the two retards left developing FreeBSD. Google tried to do the same with Linux, but most of their patches were rejected or removed in later versions.

Attached: 1554262373348.png (600x450, 149K)

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: satania.gif (500x491, 376K)

>doing that would require to port all the existing patches to the new version.
So what's stopping them? The patches are obviously all available so they can apply them to the current kernel. I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to run a test build.

Driver blobs are tested for a certain kernel version. Since Google pushes Oreo and vendor-independent upgrades, it is reasonable to stay on the same version.

>lineageOS

isn't it supposed to be the most trustable ROM for android? But it's clearly not.

epic post sir

Attached: 1524199908013.jpg (435x463, 25K)

see the vendor security patch date
again...

its time to go back

Linux is known to constantly break internal api between versions. maintaining patches between major linux updates requires a lot of work.
on the other hand, if you have your patches mainlined, anyone who decides to break some api in the kernel will have to fix your patch himself, so no work will be required from your part

ebin trole XD

>tries to troll
>gets out-trolled
sasuga shitposter-kun

>>>tries to troll
>pointing out flaws and dangerous security practices of one of the trusted open source community is trolling
okay retard

>march 5 2019 patch
>woah i dont have the vendor updates why don't i have vendor patches
its time to buy a rope

You are actually a legit retard and probably visually impaired. I feel bad for arguing with you. Sorry

Attached: 1523783214365.png (489x125, 10K)

>Vendor
>the one you bought the phone from
>sending you lineageOS updates
ironic that you think im the retarded one

If your phone maker respects you, they will release the source for their devices so people can patch it themselves.

but it is already patched through lineage, why would they waste their time

I switched to BSD when Linux got infiltrated by sjws. It's too compromised now.

All software is infected by SJWs.

this. you can't escape it any more, user. may as well install umbongo and chrome.

No fuck that I will use TempleOS if I have to.

>linux kernel
Redundant. "Linux" is perfectly fine.

but he could mean the whole Glibc Linux Operative System user.

Going from 3 to 4 was an eternity. Why we at 5 so fast? Any breakthroughs in 5 or something?

>he thinks he'll get (You)s for saying that

Attached: kek.gif (500x545, 263K)

...he posted, giving him a (you)

fuck you, nobody want's to give you (You)s either

I want in on the (You) train!

Edit: thanks for the (You) kind stranger

Attached: youdeserveaseizure.gif (768x646, 21K)