Does this distro suck? If yes, elaborate

Attached: 9b257bc6.png (1195x270, 20K)

yes
it's a botnet. other than that, it's great, but if that were reason enough to use a botnet, people wouldn't bother with linux in the first place

It does not suck. It's pretty much the ultimate "it just werks" distro, and it has very helpful forums for noobs. Jow Forums tricked me into trying manjaro, debian, and fedora, because they wanna be cool edgy hipsters, but there's a reason most of the world that uses Linux on desktop uses Ubuntu.

Amazon integration was removed long ago and you can easily turn off it phoning home to canonical

cant you disable most of the data collection?

you mean the whole business or the featured flavour?
the former is alright, the latter was and is meh(xubuntu is the best one)

It is the "Linux made easy" distro. It is just as customizable as all the other distros. The main disadvantage of using Ubuntu is that people will look down on you in a screenfetch thread.

ubuntu best distro in the world

Yes, you can just uninstall it using the built in package manager. Also I don't think it comes packaged at all in the lightweight versions.

yes because it tries to appeal to windows retards instead of just being a good linux distribution

Attached: 1554101514575.gif (320x240, 373K)

I think all someone needs to remove is that package that keeps track of your apps and disable everything related to data collection in settings, correct?

If you look up "disable Ubuntu telemetry and reporting" then you should find easy to follow guides. I think the process is similar to what you described.

What makes a good Linux distro?

This
manbabies hate the distro because it doesn't satisfy their craving from doing pointless tweaking.

Not a Ubuntu user but that is a pretty vapid way of looking at it.

OP Ubuntu sucks for a couple of reasons. Firstly it is full of bloatware.

Secondly it is maintained by canonical, a company that is out for profit. On the upside it means they have paid devs to deliver up to date packages, but on the down side they are often pushing things down the throats of their users for the sole purpose of making money, for example their package manager and the late Ubuntu One project.

Ah yes, typical freetard mindset. Of course.

Ah yes, typical corporate cuck.
Name one Canonical service that has benefited the end user.

Yes, it sucks.
Cinnamon Mint exists.
>It's like a good ubuntu.

I think fedora is a nice example of something with a nice project model.
Red Hat is a fair business,you get it for the professional support; only really big business would need red hat and it works.
Then, Red Hat pays developers on Fedora to make open source projects evolve as intended, you get a nice set of stable fresh packages properly implemented by the actual developers.
But as you can see as opposed to Canonical, Red Hat doesn't mix up paid and unpaid distributions; Ubuntu will make you pay to get backports to your server and support (plus blatantly put ads or ask for donations), in fedora you get the backports as a consequence of developers making fixes that will eventually reach their product Red Hat Linux. And overall the future of the projects you are using in the distro are also supported, as opposed to just using the project for your own good.
I'm perplexed how Jow Forums can have a mentality where you don't help open source but you blatantly use it for your own good

who are you quoting?
Cinnamon is just a bunch of amateurs adding bloat to gnome trying to make it look like windows

Question: What happens to all my shit if i upgrade from 18.04 to 19.04?

Do any removed packages reappear and does the upgrade respect that I completely unistalled snapd?

>Name one Canonical service that has benefited the end user.
Ubuntu

>Cinnamon Mint exists.

You're right about Mint, but Cinnamon is the worst DE available for it.

If you can't name something more specific than the whole distro or a reason Ubuntu as a whole is better than Debian, Gentoo, Fedora and all the others then BTFO.

The auto-detecting video card drivers service works extremely well. Enough so that I decided to move from Debian.

>The only reason to use linux is to escape the botnet (tm)

But Mint's Cinnamon is exactly what makes Mint a good ubuntu, tho.

i really liked it before they went with gnome 3. unity just seemed like the most polished de for me. I run it with unity installed on my laptop. just need pubg and siege to run on linux before switching

Whats the best Mint DE?

don't know for personal use but avoid this piece of trash in company setting especially if you have different versions up and a single samba server.
use debian instead.

i3

>i3
>DE

I don't use Linux because of the evil botnet, I use it because Windows became a pain in the ass.

Thats technically not a DE, tho

i3 is the best mint not DE

Was my first linux distro but jumped to Debian once 3-4 months later and never looked back.