Why do these things always break?

Attached: audio port.jpg (220x137, 7K)

Worse are USB ports built into Cars. They typically die after 10 uses

Internal connections are structurally weak, and using them puts quite a bit of stress on those joints.

In all of my years using technology I've never had a headphone jack fail on me, though I do have a PC with a headphone jack with a death grip that at one point required pliers to unplug from.

I've never had one break. Do you by any chance pull the wire out by just giving it a sharp yank toward you?

This, there is a high likelyhood of OP being retarded or a paid Apple shill.

Those only ever break on my phones. I think its because they are plugged/un-plugged all the time. It's an easy fix though, just bend the connectors back and they work fine again.

The Apple iPhone X doesn't have this problem.

never happened to me

mostly because manufacturers save like two cents by not securing them with anything other than the solder needed to connect them electrically. a tiny bit of glue would solve this problem, but they don't bother. Probably because they view getting you to buy a new gadget when it breaks as a feature.

Never had one break

I had one of them break on my phone that I used for about 5 years, often with headphones.
But that isn't the problem. The problem is the thing that goes iside of the jack breaking after a fucking week.

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: satanialaughing.gif (400x400, 155K)

no I'm always really careful

never, ever had one of these break

The only apple product I ever bought is an ipod video (it's 13 years old) and its audio jack still works fine.

Because you keep buying cheap chink 3.5 mm adapters.

never happened to me

only ever had 1 broken one and that was when i literally stepped on my laptops one with my headphones plugged in.

just resolder it you lazy nigger

but then I can't complain about it in my favorite basket weaving forum

nah

I've had this case for 8 years. The front port broke after a year, the one in the back broke just now.

forgot pic

Attached: cooler master case.jpg (1280x1024, 390K)

never had a headphone jack fail on me ever and I've had plenty of things with headphone jacks in my time. always have and still use the headphone jack on my phone and laptop all the time, did the same with my cassette walkman, portable cd player and so on.

headphone jacks don't fail, not on me anyway. what does typically fail after a while is the cable between the plug and the headphones, that's made me learn to only buy headphones with a replaceable cable.

OP here, posted wrong pic.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 10K)

I had mine break on my laptop because I was always mindlessly prodding it when trying to put headphones in at night.
metal > plastic

>things that never happen
>things that happen 2 weeks after you unbox your iTurd

Ive nevet seen one break

these

based

based sataniatrips

Can relate. Moved to bluetooth headphones a few months back, never looked back. No idea why they get such bad rep.

Mine do not bread because I'm not clinically retarded.

This, but BT headphones suck. Going to replace it soon.

Based

I didn't know they were capable of breaking.

You bought a cooler master case and you're surprised that it was shit? good job idiot

Both my wired and bt are sennheiser and I can't say I noticed any difference quality wise moving to bluetooth.

I've had a lot of soft failures (too much dirt), which is easy to fix. I had one hard failure, where the damn jack came off the board - that took about a half hour to fix.

check'd and kek'd

oh no no no no

Attached: 1528181138578.jpg (522x866, 98K)

can you imagine using meme words outside?

>implying this isn't done intentionally to sell more AirPods®

nice try influencer retard

I'm literally never had one of those break, my 25 year old windows 95 PC has three of those, they all still work. you're probably just a faggot, stop sticking your dick in it.

>stop sticking your dick in it
Never.

yikes

based

Try not living on a desert

Because you use barrel-type adapters.

Attached: a4cbe624-a718-4dc8-b920-cdf97b82ec69_1.dfad00f2f6952bdd63f18a61ad42f244.jpg (450x450, 20K)

mine's still standing

Honestly, I don't understand what people do that breaks ports. Not once did I break a port or cable. Just grip the plug firmly at the base and pull out straight? The only thing I broke was a USB stick that was plugged in at the top of my PC. Had my left leg on my knee and my gf spun my chair around and I hit that. Still, how the fuck do guys break ports all the time?

YES! YES! THEY BREAK ALL THE TIME, ALL OF THEM!!!11 BUY IPHONE

Pocket lint, although I suppose sand would be a pretty nasty issue as well.

Attached: confusion.gif (250x254, 149K)

On computers they rarely break otherwise you're or the manufacturer is using a cheap trash soundcard
Wonder why they jacked the 3.5mm jack on most iphones?
Or why the meme energizer phone also doesn't have it?
It's because volume keys, pause/answer buttons of the microphone works by shorting the connections.
Some earphones will even stop functioning and have to always press certain button to work.
That is because it is causing short circuit and it'd electrocute you to death thanks to "high amperage fast charging capabilities" so what they did is remove it for the safety (or it'd have to use apple approved chip so it doesn't just kill you as you sleep).
Why they break?
Sure thing, (almost forgot) that's because everytime you disconnect and unplug the jack it causes mild short circuit over your audio components but they make it easy to replace so part of it is because your phone is using shitty audio card or they just want to increase profit$.

Haven't broken one in my entire life.

Attached: 1550678083073.png (425x584, 170K)

Most headphones do not have controls and volume keys.

I never broke one

Have you tried not using gorilla strength when you unplug it?

based

Just use a magnet to pull it off

oh no no no no no

but the one on my motherboard (asus p8p67, highly rated product) broke too

why do all the zoomers in this thread assume I'm talking about phones

>ishit
Found your problem.

Because it’s deprecated technology

Attached: 25E4D063-0705-455C-BEDA-D1CCF37D77B3.jpg (1600x900, 189K)

>lasts only 2 hours
>sounds like cock and balls
>bluetooth meme
Regression to the extreme is the future?

I don't know if I should be happy I never had a car new enough to have usb ports or sad that I'm poor.

yikes
baste

>shills are trying to portray the corporate "plugging of the analog hole" as an issue with the connectors
Never ever had one break and I've owned possibly over a hundred devices with that port. Nobody wants your shitty low-bitrate Blewtooth headphones, you butt fucking Sino-Jewish shill.

you are a fucking gorilla and should be ashamed

this

oof

debiru

Attached: 1531977970107.gif (350x254, 2.76M)

based

They don't because I'm not a mouthbreathing retard like who pulls the wire. Pull it straight out from the plug without an angle.