When will you root your phone?

When will you root your phone?

Attached: Magisk.png (512x512, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackberry.com/us/en/products/apps/blackberry-work
hsbc.co.uk/ways-to-bank/mobile/
samsung.com/uk/apps/samsung-health/
samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/869017-banking-app-says-my-phone-rooted-but-isnt.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everytime

meh, why even bother

The moment Wu releases it for the S10+.

Actually unrooted last year. All I was using root for was adaway, but I've since switched to fennec fdroid + ublock origin so I don't get any ads there, and newpipe is also adfree.

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-182826.png (720x1280, 84K)

>meh, why even bother
Well, because you can have ad blocking, VPNs and a firewall at the same time, that's a nice start. Also ViPER4Android and similar mods aren't possible without root.

Fpbp
/thread

>because you can have ad blocking, VPNs and a firewall at the same time
I have it all with NetGuard at the same time.
>ViPER4Android
That's a pip.

No you don't without root. Blokada, AdGuard and the like all make local VPNs to block ads, as well as NetGuard.
>That's a pip.
That's a what?

already did

>No you don't without root
Firewall

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-004030.png (1080x1920, 213K)

Adblock

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-004134.png (1080x1920, 87K)

VPN (via Shadowsocks)

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-004054.png (1080x1920, 151K)

I can't. I have AT&T and they locked the bootloader.

Never. It's a phone. I got a laptop for actual work.

>Why don't you install a backdoor on your phone?
I'll pass, thanks

>Well, because you can have ad blocking, VPNs and a firewall at the same time, that's a nice start
That's fantastic if you sit at home charging your phone all day lmao.

I don't need to since systemwide adblocking works without root.

I'll fucking root my phone whenever I want mate, no need for these high and mighty poofter dating tactics

Nice. I didn't realize it was all possible. Not sure how easy that VPN via Shadowsocks part is to setup.
That's fantastic phones with more than 3000 mAh of battery capacity exist as well.

Years ago but no longer. I get updates about 3 weeks after Google pushes them and I would lose functionality if I rooted which could only be partially restored by wasting a lot of my time. Only thing I wish I could still do is touch the hosts file. Maybe one day someone will fight the cause to allow it and allow us to stop these devices from being marketing machines.

never since huawei mate se cant be rooted or unlocked

Never since i already did S7 Edge

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-000350.png (1440x2560, 176K)

>That's fantastic phones with more than 3000 mAh of battery capacity exist as well.
That's cool, dude. I don't install shitty apps so I don't need to worry about using system-wide blocking and increasing my battery usage four-fold.

>I get updates about 3 weeks after Google pushes them and I would lose functionality if I rooted which could only be partially restored by wasting a lot of my time
W-what? What does this even mean? What functionality do you lose?

>That's fantastic phones with more than 3000 mAh of battery capacity exist as well.
Yeah but why would you kill your battery and by extension your phone with charge cycles all because you're paranoid about apps tracking you?

I have a carrier phone :(

>getting chinked in the ass with no way out
at least buy xiaomi, after unlock it's edible

Attached: 1550992651168.jpg (501x585, 44K)

Enjoy your ads sucker, while you have the ability to not see them without taking a battery hit. Blokada for example is very light and works offline as well.

I just don't want to see ads. How is that paranoid? And you absolutely know if apps are doing something shady, what are you talking about? Ever heard of app permissions? Reverse engineering, no? The countless reports of shady apps from the Play Store - QuickPic, ES File Explorer, etc.? And even if all that wasn't true - why should anyone want apps tracking them?

blackberry.com/us/en/products/apps/blackberry-work
hsbc.co.uk/ways-to-bank/mobile/
samsung.com/uk/apps/samsung-health/
samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/

To name a few.

Actually Blokada was exactly what I was referring to. I can only imagine other apps/methods being even more intensive.

I don't use shady apps.

I'd rather see ads than send all of my data to Blokada rofl like holy shit you can't be this dumb

I tried to root some time ago but I could not. Well I will try once again soon using Magisk if I can

>I'd rather see ads than send all of my data to Blokada rofl like holy shit you can't be this dumb
What the fucking fucking fucking fuck are you even talking about you troglodyte? I don't think you even know. Blokada is FOSS genius, so, who are you sending all this data to? But you couldn't just be shitposting, no, that never happens.

Swift backup to batch backup/restore apps
And kernel auditor to fine tune performance/battery life
Really the only two I need it for.

...with the exception of the banking app, these are data-mining software. these apps exist to track, store, and sell your information for a paltry amount of convenience. this isn't "functionality", and you're an idiot if you use them in the first place.

There's literally no reason not to root nowdays if you have an unlocked bootloader. Magisk is FOSS and will still let you use Banking Apps.

>B-BUT IT'S FOSS
>literally sends your data to their servers through the VPN
hmm really makes you think

this would be the perfect gnu+phone but the nokia servers for the dev tools for the terminal etc are fucked

Attached: n9.jpg (780x488, 113K)

BlackBerry Work (whatever that is) works, Samsung Health works, that bank software works as well and there's also a workaround if it ignores Magisk Hide:
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/869017-banking-app-says-my-phone-rooted-but-isnt.html
There are also workarounds for Samsung Pay, but that's a niche use if there ever was one.

>Magisk is FOSS and will still let you use Banking Apps
What do you think Magisk is? It's a rooting solution. An unlockbed bootloader by itself doesn't mean much.

>>literally sends your data to their servers through the VPN
TO WHOSE SERVERS YOU ACTUAL TROGLODYTE? The app establishes a local VPN you utter fucking moron. Jesus Christ, the state of this board...

Attached: QBxVc.jpg (803x501, 167K)

>using magisk instead of just installing the official Lineage su patch from recovery

>hosts file is increasing battery usage

Attached: 20455853.png (192x192, 5K)

>what is magiskhide?

they dont make a good note 4 clone so no i wont buy from them

uh i don't know you tell me

>they dont make a good note 4 clone so no i wont buy from them
Uhh, the Mi Max line if you want something massive?

But I did

>instead of just installing the official Lineage su patch from recovery
This method has been depreciated and you don't get the added benefit of using Magisk modules by doing that.

it's a dealbreaker in Magisk vs SU match
spoiler: magisk wins

>magisk modules
if I don't use any of those it's just extra bloat

And you don't have to, it's not like any of them come pre-installed. But something like ViPER4Android, various device related fixes and the like are useful.

but why would I install magisk to root if I don't need ant of the extra "benefits"

>incompetent and proud
I fucking hate numales like you

Attached: image_400x400.jpg (400x400, 27K)

I'm not sure if Lineage OS root patch even works for any newer versions of Android.

Magisk can't be detected by apps and SafetyNet works with Magisk too

>I like to be cucked out of apps that don't accept rooted phones

>not affordable and shit specs

not a good clone

You know you're really making it seem like you're shilling for Magisk
It does, I just used it for Android 9 recently
What do you mean by can't be detected by apps?
I meant in comparison to using Lineage su to root

I mean that unlike SuperSu Magisk is universal and won't brick your phone if you flash the wrong image. Therefore the only requirement to rooting is an unlocked bootloader. There's no risks or penalties to it anymore (with the exception of some phones getting fucked by drm keys). In addition it's also FOSS so you can't complain about muh chink backdoor.

>What do you mean by can't be detected by apps?
don't spoonfeed this retard

>Xiaomi and not affordable in the same sentence
Come again? And what shit specs, the Mi Max 3 has your Note 4 clearly beat. Let's not pretend it didn't have its issues - low quality EMMCs and a quad core 32bit SoC which is basically unusable at this point.

I'm not sure if you're replying to the right person here, but we're in agreement.

When someone finds a way of unlocking the bootloader of my shitty phone without deleting all data

Sorry I may be retarded

Attached: 1515652083761.jpg (512x384, 22K)

Uhh, you can always do a backup as you should anyway? The method may exist, but it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

How do I get magisk on g935u

Attached: 183063587056.gif.gif (540x304, 2.83M)

Wireguard+PiHole

URP!! Already have it's wonderful sad that ng it's a one plus 6t so not much bloat to remove

It's already backdoored.

SOPA

To back up and restore f-droid apps

Google does backup data for them at least, it just can't re-install the app.

I'd say root is 100% necessary if you are not using google services.

Every time i try to find a root its made by some pajeet

Is there a firewall for android without having to root? I dont want to send my data to some unknown vpn, i already have a vpn

I have rooted phone but only for viper4android.

Have couple of questions:
- what happens with root/magisk after OTA OS update
- what happens with twrp after OTA OS update

I already have. I wish I can use snapchat for the lewds tho

YouTube Vanced > NewPipe

when ever it gets slow

rooted my mate 20 x just to cheat at pokemon go

GG

Lucky patchers IAP patch works fine on illya alarm btw

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-094033_ILLYA_ALARM.png (1080x1920, 2.23M)

I always root my phone
Adway, voicemod, change emojis, youtube vanced, lineageos etc..

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-095204_Trebuchet.png (1440x2560, 311K)

>Magisk Manager for recovery mode
holy shit you just blew my mind. thanks user

When Huawei allows the unlock of bootloaders again

usually on day 1 of purchase

t. patrician

>Why don't you install a backdoor on your phone?
>I'll pass, thanks
What the fucking fuck? What backdoor? Magisk is literally FOSS, whereas SuperSU very well could have been.
>It's already backdoored.
I'm sure you'll have hardware reverse engineering reports.

>what happens with root/magisk after OTA OS update
Magisk reflashes itself.
>what happens with twrp after OTA OS update
It should remain if you did everything right flashing it in the first place.

right now; I'd imagine official support for my handset has otherwise been long since discontinued

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-003604_Magisk_Manager.png (1080x1920, 217K)

You fucking wish. They want to prevent you from even install a custom launcher. And within 3-4 years I'm sure every other OEM will have the same attitude.

>70447603

Samsung is already halfway there with their incessant throttling and advertising to use their retarded OEM store instead of APK distributors.

I swear to god I can label at least a dozen times where samshit deliberately disabled, locked the connection from, or just straight up throttled the speed of any app not sourced from the Samsung Store.

Everybody wants to be Apple apparently.
Do those shits not realize that what they're doing goes against what made Android popular and the first place?

Everyone here is talking about ad blocking without realizing that your can do it unrooted, system wide, without installing anything, or having a vpn running.

Forgot screenshot.

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-085248_Settings.jpg (1440x2960, 329K)

You don't even need that if you use a browser with adblock.

Thanks man

>You don't even need that if you use a browser with adblock.
Yeah no shit. The whole point of this is that it's system wide.

Never rooting. I love the ability of NOT CARRYING A PLASTIC CREDIT CARD since I can just use Samsung Pay everywhere.

Attached: D3ThtvoUwAAQRvZ.jpeg.jpg (2048x2048, 451K)