Life with no phone

Do any of you not own a phone, how do you do it? I have my funds in paypal and 2 credit cards which all require an attached phone number. Richard Stallman's website says he has no phone, and uses a credit card. So I'm wondering if/how to do digital banking and digital purchasing without a phone.

Attached: New-Picture.png (602x385, 155K)

Use a lanline

why don't you want to have a phone, user?

You don't need one.

>and uses a credit card
Attached to FSF account & phone number. Beard man is biunary outjewing

maybe, if you a neet who lives in his mom's basement.

>I have my funds in paypal and 2 credit cards which all require an attached phone number
sounds like you made this problem for yourself, idiot. Having credit cards to begin with is stupid, but talk to your bank and get an offline option.

You only need a phone if you rely on other people. If you rely on yourself. You don't need one. Smart phones for dumb people. They make your mind weaker because you exercise it less.

so why do you use the computer made by other people then? Go to live in a forest without any gear where you can rely only on yourself.

i keep a shitty prepaid flip phone to use services which require a real phone number and call 911
i use TextNow on my PC to keep contact with people who insist on phone calls and SMS.

>credit card
I use a Nokia 1100, it stays in its little faraday bag most of the time.
>digital banking and digital purchasing
Never saw the need for that.
As for messaging and calls, I use GNU Jami. It took a lot of time to convince my family to switch.

Get rid of your paypal and credit cards. Stick to a burner phone and debit cards, or better yet cash.

And then sometime you need to buy something you need a loan for like a house and can't get one because you have no credit score.

There's a small number of places like some credit unions that will give you a loan without a credit score. Alternatively just don't do loans and pay for everything in full. If your salary and savings rate are high enough then it shouldn't be an issue.

You could get a much lower interest rate with a good credit score, and you can buy a much nicer house with a loan than without. There's no reason not to build up a credit score by buying things on a credit card and paying it off on time. It demonstrates to the banks that you're responsible, don't spend beyond your means, and pay on time.

A house is the only thing you should even be considering debt for anyway, everything else shouldn't need credit. And the willingness of banks to talk to you about a mortgage is very much proportional to how big of a down payment you're willing to stump up. Put 5% down and you'd better have a long and spotless credit history, put 50% down and you just need a pulse.

And why would you want to pay extra on interest? Low interest is still a non-zero amount. The process of saving money for a house might take 5-10 years depending on wage and savings rate, but all the while you can keep it in a CD or money market to counteract inflation. Banks are leeching you of your money by encouraging you to play this credit score game.

>Do any of you not own a phone
Yes. I have never ever had a phone.
>How do you do it?
It's not hard you dopamine addicted fuck.
>I have my funds in paypal and 2 credit cards which all require an attached phone number
That's your own fault. Should have got a bank account at a credit union instead, and opted out of ever using a Good Goy Card.
>So I'm wondering if/how to do digital banking and digital purchasing without a phone
Very easily and I just explained it.

The only issue with not having a phone, is the looks people give you when you say you don't have one when they ask to borrow it; or, when your standing in a line/waiting for something and everyone else has their shit whipped out browsing some site or checking their social media feeds. I feel very left out, and worry that one of those mindless NPC fucks might notice me standing around like a creep. I'm thinking about buying or making like a fake phone to pretend I'm fitting in.

Considering you made a whole thread on Jow Forums dedicated to it I guess you fucking do.

I guess if you really want a pretend phone you could get an iPod Touch or a cheap Android phone with no cell service and just put ebooks on it or something. I don't know how you get by without a phone of some sort, though, it seems to be mandatory for most jobs these days.

Because maybe the interest is less than 5-10 years of rent, and I'd get to live in it for those years.