A software Engineering degree on my country lasts 4,5 years. Why...

A software Engineering degree on my country lasts 4,5 years. Why? Because we have useless disciplines like administration and seminar ( how to make a systematic literature review). How long it took for Jow Forums to graduate?

Attached: IMG-20190401-WA0012.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

UTP nigger

>How long it took for Jow Forums to graduate

Attached: Vqr4p1E.png (1515x663, 116K)

HUEHUEHEUH BRBR?

2.5 years for a BS in EECS

Yep

Like 4 years

People who think classes about reviewing and writing scientific papers are bullshit are the reason for how much terribly written literature we have around. I know people from STEM hate writing but it's not that hard for fuck's sake

>don't go to highschool
>take an entire year of prereqs
>start on a 4 year degree
;_;

>don't go to highschool
>don't
>as in do not
how many drugs are you on?

It's not hard, it's boring.

Wrong

An engineer is a boss, you study to be God, and you need to administrate your universe

Administration is anything but useless. I used to feel the same way, but that attitude ended up biting me in the ass in college.

Any "engineering degree" that lasts less than 5 years isn't a real engineering degree

Attached: 4813465ED73C44CFAB5071469EDAA3FC.png (673x593, 84K)

Alright. I'll be here making 4x more than you do from fake engineering.

Don't be so full of yourself. 90% of engineering is working experience and self study.

Some 5 year engineering degrees hardly help with the FE or PE exams and basically give you a big Fuck You, go learn stuff we never taught you on your own. Not that I mind learning on my own, but I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt to cover some of these topics in the curriculum.

t. Impostor syndrome engineers

For me it was never about making money. It was all about being able to do stuff. Computer vision, machine learning, 2d and 3d graphics interaction... I was very eager to learn those things. That's why I come here often bitch about those other subjects I'm not so interested. You don't need a degree to make money. You can be a youtuber and make millions

That's not what impostor syndrome is you retard.

You think it isn't hard because you're on your first years of uni and so can have the luxury of not learning it. When it's time to write a paper or your thesis either ABNT is gonna bite you in the ass or you'll be one of those people who cram every single bibliographic mention at the footnotes

STEM should be shortened down to SEM. Technology can be learned without the need of a university and when you're at the point of developing new processors you'll be an engineer, not a tech-guy.

3,5 years, but almost nobody manages to do it in this time. 4,5-5,5 is more realistic

Dude, US is lucky it takes only 4 years to graduate, in my shit country even though college is free it takes minimum 6 years for a college degree, most people that persue engineering spends like 8 fucking years if not 10, it's a fucking torture. Fucking monkey country

Which country? I'm the poster above and from Germany and I feel you. Not only that but you are also a lot older when you start college here. I went straight to college after school and I was already 20 years old.

University is about learning a way of thinking through solving more-or-less specific problems.

You're not in the gym to learn how to lift big weights, but to grow muscle and become (look) stronger.

So much this. I have to supervise master's and bachelor's thesis and SE and CS students are literally not capable of reading a scientific paper, writing a text that people can understand, find out whether what the do is novel or manage their own time and deadline. If anything these people should be forced into more of these classes or just go to trade school.

3 years BSc
2 years MSc
3 - ?? years PhD

Which country are you from OP?

>How long it took for Jow Forums to graduate?

7 years.

3 year BSc in engineering is asking for suicidal thoughts. I rather be in military bootcamp at times then being an engineering student. I would probably get more sleep if I was.

5 but I worked for a year and 8 months while doing school part time

SE needs solid administration fundamentals unless everything you want to do in your career it's to be a code monkey
Seminar it's necessary for research and your theses, it also helps you to do better docs for whatever you do
You're a brainlet, drop out and take up some meme bootcamp
Based