Is Jow Forumso Jow Forums approved?

Is Jow Forumso Jow Forums approved?

Attached: 1*30aoNxlSnaYrLhBT0O1lzw.png (1500x1000, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TuLGK9oskqM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if it needs a mascot to be "sold" then it's probably shit

Says a guy on a forum literally filled with linuxfags and their pingu

It's better than Java

there's no penguin on my linux

"guaranteed replies" the language

Attached: generics.jpg (841x1200, 101K)

Yes.

If you want to get to work and stop circle jerking Go is what you want.

TDD built in, dead simple deployments, static binaries. Such a no nonsense great language.

How come the number of posters in this thread is still 6 and not 7?

If Go is so good then why are all of the top CMSs built in php?

Wordpress, drupal, joomla - all PHP.

Why?

Because php is for brainlets and all those CMSes started out being built by brainlets

because golang is garbage

They were initially written in PHP, and they see no need to switch over. Not to mention, Go only released in like 2009, Wordpress and Joomla were written in the early 2000s. Drupal has no excuse though

Actually, just realized Drupal was released in 2000, nevermind. So, historical reasons for all of them

it's worse than java in every way

>if err != nil

match result {
Ok(data) => {

},
Err(e) => {

}
}

rust's sum types are orgasmic, obviously a 1970s language like go will be disappointing

Why is this better than if err != nil?

this

Where did anyone say that is better?

>posts level headed logical answer like a fag
>gets ignored because this isn't reddot
lmao everybody here already knows what you said

They're both shit compared to just using exceptions like sane languages like java

Go is a good language. Don't expect cucks using monolithic, single threaded PHP to tell you otherwise.

Attached: 1553343530725.png (183x275, 4K)

php is also better than go

Wrong.

let data = result?;

Attached: rmm19vt8vp911.png (2512x1018, 421K)

/thread

It's shit and overheadful so yes.

and here is C++

Attached: 1551823571950.png (244x300, 49K)

():result{0,()}|

Go is comparable in terms of performance but beats java a lot in memory usage. Mostly down to the fact that java has the jvm and go just compiles to a native binary.

Now I dont use Go, so I'm asking this from a clean slate: is the lack of generics that big of a deal?

I love installing go programs. It doesn't come with bloat like python or php.

I might learn it this year or next.

it isnt
would go introduce generics, it wouldn't take too long for it to introduce other c++ concepts, finally making it c++ 2.0
so appreciate the minimalism

It is, and yet it's not the only important thing go is missing.
Go doesn't have enums.
Go doesn't have packages, everything is global.
Go, created in 2010, doesn't have null safety.

Of course, it also doesn't have classes and error handling is archaic, and that would be passable if Go was a high performance language, but it isn't. Go isn't any better than Java, so you're not gaining in development time or performance.

It is not, generics are just one outdated way to introduce parametric polymorphism. You can accomplish the same functionality more/just as easily with interfaces

no, I'm pretty sure there's some mention of tux somewhere on your installation, you already lost.

From what I can tell golang is very good for generating pages on the fly to display large amounts of information. If you want to do that in a way outside of the very limited scope in which golang is capable of immediately creating pages, it is a disastrously large amount of bloat and pretty much useless. Its a niche debug tool or for creating functional but ugly and unadaptable web applets

It's better than java at a lot of the things people use Java for, but that doesn't mean that it's even remotely good at the task at hand, and a completely different approach is a much better idea

It's the programming equivalent to the Pederson Device

>Go doesn't have enums.
just use const with iota
this can be typed so it's even better than c enums

Attached: 1553266434848.jpg (2048x833, 278K)

Yeah it leads to writing a lot of duplicate code because you don't have good container types. Honestly if go got generics it'd be an almost perfect language. Although I think it needs some sort of macro system as well but that will likely never be put into the lang

gopherize.me
youtube.com/watch?v=TuLGK9oskqM

it's fun

No generics
Shitty errors handling
Garbage dependency management

If the ewoks are go, what's the flying saucer guy supposed to represent besides generics?

Attached: Ewoks_Encyclopedia.png (475x490, 450K)

>what's the flying saucer guy supposed to represent
intelligent life

Attached: error_handling_in_1970.png (800x800, 155K)

it's not something i would ever use but i am glad it exists
google doing the world a favor