Loonix Torvalds - anonymity is overrated

talouselama.fi/uutiset/te/4ee4ac70-2d43-33c1-aaf5-3f3cfb4a1eda

Linux Torvalds have told that internet anonymity is overrated:

"Some people think that anonymity and privasy go hand on hand but I think thats not true"

"If you cannot give the face to your insane ramblings on the social media, there should be no possibility to publish it and there should be no possibility for people to like and subscribe it"

Attached: tails-3.1.png (480x384, 35K)

Did the CoC rot his brain? What a load of shit

I think (((somebody))) has told him he should make an outburst like this if he knows what is good for the future of his daughter

torvalds is a retard

>implying he is wrong
There is a place to namefag, and there's a place to remain anonym. In fact, if the internet should ever contributed to (direct) democracy (as envisioned by some, but then it got commercialized instead), the state should indeed own theses platforms and make sure a fair democratic discourse can happen there. Namefaging only for obvious reasons. Of course this shouldn't apply to the internet as a whole, or all the platforms.

Attached: 1231111231212ds762.png (562x555, 12K)

The first quote is absolutely right though. They don't go hand in hand because I should still be able to have privacy even if I'm not anonymous.

The 2nd quote is dogshit though.
This is why Stallman is our savior, not Torvalds

in his defense, Linus was always like this. He could tell you to "retroactively abort yourself" in front of everyone with a smile on his face (and most of the time with a good reason). He also gives a fuck about security, he cares about performance and "it just works".

I am not surprised he said something like that and you shouldn't follow his example. It's just his opinion.

>conspires agains the gplv3
>is openly against the fsf
>now this
How lucky we are he liberated his kernel early on. If I was Stallman I'd have already sent him to the gulag.

Attached: hatkid shoot.jpg (1024x576, 144K)

Do you have autism. He was answering a question during an interview.

Well duh, he has been telling idiots to fuck off and signing it with his own name for ages. Because unlike a bunch of worthless manchildren on anime website, he's worth something

Stallman is a senile has been though, he hasn't been relevant in years, meanwhile Torvalds is still spearheading one of the most important free software project

I agree with him. If you are not willing to take risks for your opinions they are worth nothing. Free speech is a wonderful thing, but on the other hand nobody listens to each other.
If you listen to a radio in a country with an opressive regime or something and there is a person saying things that could get them killed, then you listen.
There is no honor in being anonymous.

SKIN
IN
THE
GAME

I think there is a problem with assymetry of anonymity say in a community like Twitter. An anonymous person or mob can bully you and bully you without facing any consequences.
At least if they are forced to use their real name there is a chance of their boss, or friends seeing it, if they post hateful content and a chance of consequences.

The gpl is objectively shit though, and the fsf is just slightly less so. Ideally he'd just do away with cucking his shit out to others and release it under a true free license like the creative commons.

The fault there is not the pseudo-anonymity of Twitter but the social cult that encourages namefags to self-promote. Twitter harassment goes away if you only allow people you know to @ you. Youtube comments become less cancerous if you take away the thumbs up.
Linus is right that you shouldn't be able to like and subscribe to anonymous sources. So get rid of like/follow. The problems people are having didn't exist before the egofication of the internet.

You fucking retard, why would you post a Finnish language article when they are even mentioning the original CNET article in their own article?

He is talking about social media there.

The GPL is why Linux has gotten as far as it has. Otherwise it'd be obscure software used in firmware for video game consoles.

Fuck pozzvalds. He is glowing in the dark.

>There is no honor in being anonymous.
"Honor" is for sheltered weebs. People don't do the right thing if it gets them killed.

It's the same mouthbreather that has been doing this for a while now.

"it's just his opinion", but if I hold the same opinion here I'll get called a shill

If you want to watch youtube without javascript enabled(like on tor), use invidio.us
Its a youtube mirror that streams with webm
You only need to have media enabled in noscript

>boss
>possibility of getting fired for a stupid comment on retarded twitter is a good thing
absolute retard

>An anonymous person or mob can bully you and bully you without facing any consequences.
And? I never understood this logic. I've been bullied a lot over the past decade here and I've never thought of quitting or whining about the bullies, or especially punishing them with "consequences". Some mean words were written with my post link on top of them, so fucking what? Is the entire world stuck at some primitive psychological stage where they are incapable of disassociating their content from their egos and would do everything in their power to defend their fragile egos? How fucking self-absorbed do you have to be to have some mean words trigger your entire existence to the point you actively campaign against them and desperately try to limit the freedoms of your fellow humans just so the risk of your ego getting challenged again disappears