POS Ready 7 EOL October 12th 2021 vs Win 7 EOL January 14th 2020

Reminder that you should install Windows Embedded POS Ready 7 on your PC if you haven't already. It will give those of you who aren't comfortable with making an impromptu switch to another OS more time before SHTF. On another note, RIP XP for real for real this time, as POS 2009 dies in only a few days.

Attached: EOL.png (954x972, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1
gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Piece of shit ready ftw
It even has aero

Attached: pos.png (728x628, 154K)

Install Gentoo

Isn't LTSC better?

>Using Windows 10 ever

What is the difference between Win7 and POS Win7

POS still receives security updates for the next few years.

It's basically the same shit, but intended for cash registers and stuff. It's still a fully functional desktop OS with most of the needless bloat and malicious "features" stripped out (that are easily added back if you need them.)

>impromptu switch to another OS more time
How much fucking MORE time do you people need? Your ship has already sunk, stop trying to plug the leak.

OP here. I've used Linux for 11 years as my primary OS. There are things in the Linux world which are getting better, but not perfect yet. The death of Windows 7 is a rude awakening for some. POS Ready 7 will allow more time for people to t think things over before completely changing their workflow. That's why I made this thread. Please don't be rude, and instead try and politely tell people why they would benefit from switching to Linux sooner rather than later.

>fully functional
No, it doesn't have GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

I'll keep using win7 fuck you

Your shitposting is going to put more people off form Linux than it is going to win. You know what I meant by that. It's fully functional from the perspective of someone who already uses something like Windows 7 as their daily driver.

Sure, you can ride car without car stereo unit, but it is not a car, as defined by POSIX

Thanks, always need a few more people for my botnet.

>why they would benefit from switching to Linux sooner rather than later.
I never mentioned Linux, but whatever they switch to the biggest reason would be as you said, "switching sooner rather than later."

W7 EOL is only a rude awakening if you let it be. People are going to remain the cucks they are and switch to 7 Piece of Shit for as long as they can and never solve the actual problem. Maybe I am the wrong one, everyone should stay on 7 so I can reap their tears for years to come.

Ok? Why do I need updates and continued development? What if I just continue using 7 anyway?

Yeah sure, I've seen win 2003 few months back still running with no botnet on it. Apparently it never been compromised and fully accessible to internet. It's running on core 2 duo

but of course i installed it already, user

Attached: posready7-2019-03-27-23-30-31.png (1440x900, 202K)

does wes7 have this extended support too?

Based. I don't know why people often ignore the existence of POSReady, on this board too. W7 EOL is nothing to worry about, not as much as M$ wants you to know.

Attached: 1530388241768.jpg (380x349, 35K)

It's one of 2 things: either people just are not aware of it or it's assumed that POSReady is completely unrelated to Windows 7, when in reality both are basically the same OS and continued updates to POSReady means more updates for Windows 7

If you're using 7 why install 7POS when you could just make a few registry changes? Sounds stupid, OP.

Proof that Linux shills are ones constantly spamming these threads as part of a recruitment campaign, fucking cult subhuman trash.

How fucking pitiful that the only way Linux can get headway is by MS fucking up with 10 and Windows 7 losing support, it's not that Linux has gotten any better in regards to desktop

>windows POS
That's a pleonasm, user

no.
source: support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1

how do you know how well will they play together?
in XP's case some updates needed changes in their config files, and other ones straight up binary patches.

>on windows 7 atm
>will have absolutely zero problem switching to based ubuntu KDE, leaving the dead world of warcraft behind as the only game i cant play if i switch
>zero problem leaving c# behind with it's plethora of failure nuget packages
>zero problem leaving msvc behind with it's horrible IDE and zero package manager support
Based cmake/systemwide package manager here I come

Attached: 1538212605809.png (757x615, 184K)

>>Having a stereo makes it a car
Imagine being this delusional

It's "GNU/Linux".
gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html

It's Go/Fuckyourself because I only responded with the wording he used.

Nah, fuck you and fuck Stallman.

Everything is a conspiracy with you faggots. Have you ever considered that many Linux users just hate Windows 10, and sympathise with 7 users who don't wanna use that shit. Using an alternative is inevitable, but there are many options out there besides just Linux such as the various BSDs.