What IT related job doesn't make you wanna kill yourself?

I finished my CS degree last year. Currently working in unrelated job that I'm satisfied with, but it's kinda dead end with no future.
I'm looking to shift towards IT job, and I have some offers, but everything I think about doing - software dev, web dev, networks, data science etc., look incredibly unappealing. I talked with people in the industry and it's the same shit; boring office job, cunty managers, free coffee and ping-pong tables. Most of them look miserable and devoid of any joy of life.
Lately I was playing around with 3D modeling and I love it. Even though it's not exactly CS, I guess I could make career out of it. But again I talked with a guy who's been doing it for 7 years and he said it killed his entire creative drive, and he's starting to hate it. Looks like there's no escape..

Should I just bite the bullet and spend next 20 years of my life in misery for a nice paycheck?
For people who are happy with their jobs, how did you find your calling?

Attached: Office-Space[1].jpg (980x653, 69K)

make the next big app

I'd work at a datacenter.
Away from any fucking customers

Why would anyone wage slave for 20 years?

you know, to make money, buy a place, fuck some dumb broad and make some dumb kids.. the whole package

That shouldn't cost 20 years of your life.

well I'm 24, the way I see it I will work till I'm 50 (maybe less if I get lucky and manage to retire early)
Is there a better way to do this?

>Decent salary it seems
>Enjoys creative pursuits
Nigga, your problem is trying to make work your passion. Cut back on the overtime, and take up some hobbies. Meet some people. Find something to look forward to. Work is just some BS you put up with for 40hrs a week, until you cash your check.
Tl;dr learn to find fulfillment outside of your income generators.

Yes. Find someone who has everything you want. Kill them. Next the hard step become them.

You will never get away from those brain dead morons. You can run but you can't hide

I'm a software engineer at a tech company. I really like it, jobs like these are competitive but I think most people would enjoy it if they could get one. While I find some aspects of working at a big company annoying, e.g. how slowly things move, I also don't think I could accomplish what I'm doing anywhere else. I'm writing software that is having a huge impact on the world, positive I think.

Note that a job alone won't give you joy in life, it's a way to get money for the other parts of your life. I enjoy my job but I actively limit the mental and emotional energy I invest in my job so I have energy for hobbies, friendship, family etc.

It's a matter of taste; I enjoy hardware support and software deployment. Nobody likes T1 helpdesk which is why you start there.

>Thinking that being in x or y job will give you happiness.

It's like doing pic related.

Attached: 1553867644575.jpg (1126x1332, 952K)

>not working at a plant nursery
I shiggy diggy

Best job I've had so far was helldesk for an abhorrent 20 year old internal state government information system. It started out on an S/390 but when the mainframe got shitcanned they nigger-rigged the frontend to a modern MSSQL server backend and there was all kinds of weird shit to challenge yourself with. The people calling in were pretty great, almost always polite and patient and there was lots of interesting data to fuck around with and analyze when you got bored, and there was also a good balance between feeling needed and like you could actually make a difference for someone and not feeling constantly stressed out and afraid to fuck up.

I am a NOC engineer and you are right - cannot do better when it comes down to IT, there is some support to do here and there but at least you work with competent human beings (exceptions exist)

>IT jobs suck
Could be worse, my life isn't that great.

So you're going to spend your best years being a wage slave? Then when you're old and your body is fucked you finally get time to yourself?

That doesn't sound like a good deal to me

Anything that involves Verilog

Got a better plan?

Unironically web development. I work in a studio as a mid-level dev, make decent money and am surrounded by nice women designers. Life is pretty comfy desu