Thoughts on the go programming language?

Thoughts on the go programming language?

Attached: golang.png (600x600, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.golang.org/gos-declaration-syntax
github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good
dtrace.org/blogs/wesolows/2014/12/29/golang-is-trash/
byrd.im/go-is-poor/
speakerdeck.com/majek04/golang-sucks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's harmful bloat.

It's alright. Not the worst, not the best.

It just werks

Go's primary feature is its implementation of CSP, or "Communicating Sequential Processes". It's intention is to enable the development of performant programs using concurrency. If you're developing a web server that needs to serve lots of connections efficiently, Go is ideal.

As far as the rest of the language goes, I appreciate its design. It was made to be succinct so all the syntax could be recalled from memory instead of being a mess like C++.

It also does something to piss everyone off, like not having traditional OOP and putting type declarations on the right hand side. They have good reasons though, a la
blog.golang.org/gos-declaration-syntax

Summing it all up, I think it's pretty based. It also has an error handling function called panic which I find hillarious because all I imagine are a bunch of cute stupid gophers running around panicking.

Cringe and bluepilled

Pretty based but it fell into SJW ideals. Has future unlike Rust.

Attached: D3TCTYyV4AEKI06.jpg (1298x2048, 424K)

All the old smarter guys at work are picking it up so it must be based because they are

Very close from perfect for most use cases. People who want it to be C++ should use C++.

Any lang which takes a book over 100-150 pages to fully explain is too complicated and almost certainly provides overlapping features and the burden of choice.

Any lang that adds more than a few features per year becomes impossible to write idomatic code in which is durable over time.

Of the general purpose languages used in production system today, only C and Go avoid these pitfalls.

Attached: costanza-sandwich.png (500x375, 454K)

The shorthand variable declaration also looks like a gopher face :=

based wuju poster

Attached: D3JBeKnXgAAkHOd.jpg (1079x1920, 230K)

Why

github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good

this is obviously paid google shills spamming the board.

this is the third thread in the last 5 hours or so

Attached: gotrash.jpg (680x697, 247K)

If you want rust you should use rust.

The key point here is our programmers...
They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language...
So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand

-Rob 'Commander' Pike, creator of Go

go pajeets BTFO

Golang is trash
dtrace.org/blogs/wesolows/2014/12/29/golang-is-trash/

Go is a poorly designed language
byrd.im/go-is-poor/

Golang Sucks
speakerdeck.com/majek04/golang-sucks

Attached: 1417461011836.jpg (300x188, 26K)

get the job done
rekt haters

Keep seething codelet, where are your projects in your perfect language huh?

coming from javascript it's quite annoying how I have to return the exact Type what i declared at the top of the function, also type assertion for maps/interfaces is annoying

apart from that it's really cool as my first proper language outside of JS and Python. Going over semaphores, mutexes and channels today

thought it was a cock joke

>takes a book over 100-150
point me to some good Go books ive dipped my toes in it and build some basic API for a crud app so far that's it

i'm not going to tell you what language i use, just because you really want to know. so i'm not telling you ;)

the fact is: *golang is trash* , designed for low iq code monkeys from india. and i'm tired of paid retard shills like you.

Aww, did you make your first fizzbuzz program yesterday baba?

You sound assblasted

still not telling you.
you're gonna die without knowing it. eat shit faggot.

back to topic: golang is trash !

That is maybe one of the faggiest list of complaints I've ever seen.
> Ungoogleable name
Aww, can poor brainlets not type "GoLang"? Hope these poor souls don't have to write any Java, Python, or Ruby.
> No OOP, thinks coders are dumb
Translation: "I want everything to be Java so I can make fragile data structures and be continually employed to clean up my own shit."

Are you sure you aren't pajeet or just a shit troll? Wait, same thing!

Aww, little faggot afraid of arguments?

Unironically the beat language ever made

it has a cute mascot

Inferior to any random JVM langugage (comparing to JVM because I assume its the same market)

Lol ok