/dpt/ - Daily programming thread

\n -> newThread n

Old thread

Attached: Kujou_Karen_Learns_Haskell.png (1280x719, 818K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jech/dht/blob/master/dht.c
github.com/Tux/VCS-SCCS
javascript.info/
devdocs.io/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_performance
tetris.merkoba.com
software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm
milek7.pl/openttd-wasm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Developing desktop applications on Android

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-002728_XServer_XSDL.png (1920x1080, 178K)

why does this give me an error?
map (\a b -> a * b) [1,2,3][4,5,6]

map applies a function over one list, and there's more than one way to apply it over two lists
If you want [4,10,18], you have to use zipWith instead of map
If you want [4,5,6,8,10,12,12,15,18], the function is liftA2
Anyway, (\a b -> a * b) is simply (*)

map doesn't zip multiple lists, it just maps one list
you end up creating a closure [Int -> Int] where every int (1, 2, 3) is mapped to a multiplication function (1 *, 2 *, 3 *), and then (mistakenly) applying a list to this, which doesn't work because a list of functions isn't a function

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: js-rocks.png (1000x494, 368K)

Test

Attached: IMG_20190330_155256.jpg (768x1024, 19K)

Attached: reencoded_image.png (96x128, 18K)

>what are you doing in JS that's so performance heavy
I narrowed it down to one function that runs on input of a text field and checks that it's not a duplicate of other values, it takes an array (tested with 10 items and there's a slowdown), uses filter to remove on element, map to get a single member, then include to check if it has the text in the field. This all is wrapped in a function that returns a function in a function because that what the framework needs.

Attached: IMG_20190330_155256.jpg (960x1280, 196K)

what's that

i kept seeing SICP shilled here, so i checked it out, and im currently 20 pages in and this just seems like basic shit (i have a comp sci degree)
is there really a point in reading this?

i noticed chapter 4 deals with compilers, i always wanted to make a compiler, do i just skip to chapter 4?

>when you know 95% of the things in a tutorial but are scared to skip anything because the reason why you're taking the tutorial to begin with is that it contains things that you don't know

Goddamn, I'm so bored.

>nobody will give you a job because i have a stutter and slur my words (like 'theory')
iktfb
and its not even that im nervous, my friends tease me about my stutter constantly

dead general

sure, if it's difficult just go back a bit

Test with exif.

Attached: content_example_ibiza.jpg (800x598, 136K)

i'm not sure what you're trying but Jow Forums stips exif except /p/

People this helps: Literal retards who deserve to be fucked anyway.
People this hurts: People who have a legitimate need for the original hash.
Whoever the fuck thought changing the original hash of images uploaded needs to be fucking shot 20 times.

opinions on Scala?

Not a programming language.

>reee my political censorship has to track another image

If you don't know anything about the subject then just don't reply.

like haskell plus java but worse
>People this helps
not ur personnel army kiddo

>>People this helps
>not ur personnel army kiddo
literally what the fuck are you talking about

Test1

Attached: IMG_20190330_155256.png (960x1280, 702K)

first day at mediamatters?

did it work?
your not very clever our you?

Creating a Windows driver to monitor all traffic.

Attached: 060419-1208.png (2554x966, 209K)

SICP is an introduction to CS, of course it's basic (though still more advanced than any first year CS course).

Sorry, wasn't aware that your communication means consisted purely of memes.

>select random reply from autism

Can't you just use WireShark?

>building llvm in debug mode
>already exhausted 16gb of physical RAM, using 7gb of swap space.
This is crazy.

Holy

>tfw stuck on a project until my friend checks over my design
applied crypto is hard

looking to create a little spotify app to run in my home so guests can queue songs. anyone know a good way to do that? the api doesnt have an endpoint for adding to queue so thinking of either having a device thats playing the spotify constantly fire requests to see if a song is playing, and when its not, play the next song in the list, or when a song is played check the time on the song and start like a little countdown, and once thats finished just play the next song

anyone any experience fucking around with spotify?

I know you're used to it but Jow Forums doesn't use markdown. there's no reason to press enter twice.

Wireshark has a protocol filter - meaning it's limited to TCPIP stack. I am going deeper, thus no one can hide packets from me.

retard

how?

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
s/i/j/g
for (jnt j = 0; j < 10; j++)

Attached: apu handy.png (900x623, 40K)

2 CLOCKS

Still working on my programming language, added arrays recently as well as array access operator, which I also applied to structs (can use either name or index) and to strings, thinking about adding it to number types so you can retrieve individual digits from a number like that.

Should I learn JavaScript? Is JavaScript the future? Seems like it is the only language that can run on all platforms. It's literally everywhere now. Learn a single language and code everything and run it everywhere.

I was hoping WebAssembly will take off and I'll be able to write frontends in my favorite languages but after some years it seems hopeless.

Attached: 1546211918775.jpg (710x400, 50K)

typedef int jnt;

Attached: 1553156621434.gif (220x293, 221K)

>no one can hide packets from me
except winsock itself

Attached: 1553830074581.png (720x720, 548K)

I wanted to say something else, I just missed deleting last two lines, I can see only 4 topmost lines on my phone.

>I am going deeper, thus no one can hide packets from me.
Knock, knock, it's the Intel Management Engine. With huge doors. In the back. Backdoors.
"Open the computer. Stop having it be closed."

Really, nigger?
github.com/jech/dht/blob/master/dht.c
First hit on google.

yes. react is a pretty good framework. redux is a big industry standard to use with it but personally mobx is much nicer to write

O exalted library expert, are there any non-copyleft libraries for reading and manipulating SCCS (Source Code Control System) files?

yeah it's actually pretty fun if you enjoy web stuff. spend an afternoon learning DOM manipulation. comes in handy if your browser has a console and you can loop through an array on a page and change stuff

retard

It takes 20 seconds to 'learn'.
No, absolutely not.
Most languages can. JavaScript is only useful for the web.
That was the promise of Java too, and where is it now?

>I was hoping WebAssembly will take off and I'll be able to write frontends in my favorite languages but after some years it seems hopeless.
How has WebAssembly not taken off?

if you don't like copyleft you might as well quit programming now

github.com/Tux/VCS-SCCS

Winsock has been deprecated in Win8 and above.

Intel Management Engine is no big deal. Anticheat engines are not known to use such features, nor has it ever been seen. They have enough work cut out of them adding more and more antidebug checks.

Thanks. Now to port it to C

>That was the promise of Java too, and where is it now?

Give a newbie and outsider the backstory here. I'm aware that it's a virtual machine, and that this allows it to run on different architecture, but that it's also slow as shit. I wouldn't be sad if it were rendered obsolete.

Can't you use the intel ME for your purposes?
It's a dying language. It's not that slow compared to Python et al, but it's not very good either.
Anyway, it runs on all platforms, and that doesn't help.

People shitpost about JS anytime it's mentioned despite clearly not knowing anything about it, you are expecting too much from people here.

Why is it dying?

Because it's shit.

Java doesn't run on the frontends. Javascript is the only language that does.

>want to read 3-4 books
>can't decide which one first
it's hell

Attached: 1550877959282.jpg (1280x720, 367K)

javascript.info/
devdocs.io/
You are welcome, JS is a comfy lang. Ignore the brainlets shitting on it.
WASM will only compliment JS and you can already build things with WASM, like Blazor for example.

also a noob here but there was massive hype around java because of OOP and portability, i think it was late 90s? they even made a java operating system which sucked.
java is slower than C and C++. it's about as fast as C#. it has other issues en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_performance
also i don't really see how it's portable if you have to download java and constantly update it.
and you've probably already heard this but a lot of people find it depressing to work with, me included. verbose OOP terrorism

Making a tetris game tetris.merkoba.com

Attached: chrome_2019-04-06_01-15-03.jpg (752x917, 65K)

Intel ME doesn't exactly have an official dev guide or docs to develop against. On the other hand Windows drivers whilst cumbersome to create, but someone with kernel experience can do it, then the OS is yours for the taking.

And?
Same mistake.
software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm

See? He writes it in JavaScript. Try doing that with python or java or c.

Frontend is the most popular and most important platform. If your language doesn't run on frontends you really should abandon it.

>Try doing that with python or java or c.
lel, ok tard. here openttd written in C++ then compiled to webassembly
milek7.pl/openttd-wasm/

No thanks. WASM is bloated crap.

Attached: 1.png (218x44, 3K)

openttd is a full-scale game with audio effects, musics, animated sprites, ...

>surprised a game that big with many assets it's 35MB

are you retarded or just pretending?

pls kys

How come then .deb package for openttd is only 12MB? That WASM page is literally ~23MB of useless bloated shit.

>wasm is bloated crap
>javascript isn't

Attached: oh anon you are hilarious.webm (652x1080, 773K)

do you even know how WASM works? WASM is not a JS replacement.

72th for fuck anime.

Why is wasm bloated?

>WASM is not a JS replacement.
Indeed its not. And brainlets in this thread should not try to sell WASM as JS replacement. Nobody in their right mind will ever do anything in WASM outside of proof-of-concept.

So yet again, JS is the only language that runs on frontends.

JS isn't bloated, it's a no batteries included language. There are some barebones convenience methods but that's about it.

the webshitters have come to ruin the thread again

Please everyone fuck off back to

Please, PLEASE suck my dick. Please.
I'm begging you.

Only if you go back to your containment thread first.

The truth hurts huh? In a few years all non-JS languages will be totally obsolete because they cant run on the most important platform.

what's the matter? to advanced for you?

fucking hell, fuck this underaged /v/ 2.0 board

you want to circle jerk? go back to hackernews

Its not underage, its all us low iq retarded neets.

>us
>neets
stop projecting

circle jerk about what you absolute imbecile
>NOOOO HOW DARE YOU ASK ME TO STOP SHITPOSTING

holy shit this game is looks fun

look at its dependencies, retard

Package Package Size Installed Size
--------------- -------------- ---------------
opentdd 2,205.9 kB 6,383.0 kB
openttd-data 2,606.2 kB 10,256.0 kB
openttd-opengfx 2,823.1 kB 5,170.0 kB
openttd-openmsx 92.7 kB 741.0 kB
openttd-opensfx 9,252.0 kB 12,882.0 kB
timidity 616.6 kB 1,616.0 kB
--------------------------------------------------
Total 17596.5 kB 37048.0 kB

based

BTFO

Test3

Attached: 1554553411.png (960x1280, 702K)

>17MB vs 35MB
Still bloat. WASM is shit.

Finally.

Attached: 1554553493.png (192x256, 59K)

>WASM is shit
Explain why.