/peak/ - peak os general

Early 2008 Apple was the zenith of personal computing, change my mind.

We will never again reach such great heights. Intuitive GUI with easily understandable command line. File management that didn't throw random BS at you. Internet access via ethernet or WiFi or whatever you wanted. Dashboard widgets, spaces, expose. No weird surveillance or data harvesting (besides god emperor Steve). Bright hopeful design scheme. 2D or 3D dock. Simpler times.

Attached: Leopard_Desktop.png (800x500, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

up.vidyagam.es/qug5NTy5XIvz309B2KuKEZPtzXL0Bx16.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That was a very iconic wallpaper, it was great.

Based 3d dock.

why has violet fallen out of favor in general?

Leopard/Snow Leopard was undoubtedly the pinnacle of computing, literally find a better OS, and let's not forget, at the time Apple were competing with XP, another god tier OS, 2008 computing was the best

it was pretty good but not enough freedom

Dual booting Leopard with Windows XP was peak comfiness. GPL3 had just arrived on the scene, so Leopard was the last time an Apple OS came with up-to-date GNU software. The Macs of the time were comfy too (except for the MacBook Pros with the 8600M GT, but that was nVidia's fault)

Looks bad, did not age well at all, unlike windows 7 which still looks new and fresh.
t. Mojave user

win7 looks like ass, what are you smoking?

windows 7 is fugly. i enjoy it, i still dual boot it, but it's one of the ugliest operating systems ever

Anyone who can post it?

Tiger was better, Leopard onward applied too much transparency on everything to the point that it reminded me of Windows Vista.

up.vidyagam.es/qug5NTy5XIvz309B2KuKEZPtzXL0Bx16.png

Attached: 1553171696226.png (400x1650, 367K)

Attached: mass.png (2786x3018, 3.94M)

One thing that stands out for me is how they botched spaces. With the old grid layout, you were able to arrange spaces in a meaningful was (one row for communication / web, one row for writing, etc.), but the new system is just cumbersome ....

I think it's a tie between Windows 7 and 2008-ish Apple. That's why I riced my KDE to look like both of them.

Attached: 2019-04-06-095511_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 652K)

that looks awful, lacks the consistency both of them had

this is why linux will never be mainstream

I didn't say I wanted consistency. I said I wanted a combination of the two greatest desktop environments ever made. And thats exactly what I have.

d

leopard has no consistency, you don't mix brushed metal with glossy glass

that's why snow leopard is better than what op's talking about, leopard was a transitional thing kinda like how windows xp still had a shitload of windows 95/98/00 assets left in it

>cat name
>space wallpaper
what did they mean by that

Snow Leopard was Apple's XP, shame they didn't give it the long life it deserved

no

It's pretty much the same design language as Vista.

In fact, 7 is basically Vista. Both are vast improvements over XP's shitty toddler toy Luna look that people only like now because it's old.

>gadgets
>2010
gadgets were introduced in vista which came out in 2006
>explorer
explorer was a thing which was in windows 95 and earlier
>xp
>2005
it came out in 2001
>macos
>2005
mac os 10 came out in 2009

i forgot to say that whoever made this image must have been high on some strong shit or is an applefag

thank you!