Why does it seem like every musician who isn't hans zimmer uses macshit?

why does it seem like every musician who isn't hans zimmer uses macshit?

Attached: pepe.jpg (235x215, 8K)

> why normies does not watch chink cartoons

>the ultimate poopoo peepee
>now you will feel the feeling of grandma
>the smell

hans zimmer uses macshit

Attached: hans_zimmer.jpg (928x523, 93K)

then what the fuck? why do musicians keep using macshit? what's so special about it when it coms to music?
are musicians really that susceptible to marketing?

It’s the superior platform.
Linux has nosoftware and Windows has terrible latency and driver issues.

Of all the operating systems that have music software available OSX has the only decent one.
You might already know about the Linux audio stackclusterfuck and Windows has .

For your mental stability both Windows and Linux dominate in every other professional creative field now.

macOS isn't actually better than linux or wangblows for anything, really. It's just marketing.
If you think any of Apple's products are better at anything, you've fallen for the marketing meme.

Because musicians fall for memes. There's been no actual solid reason to use a mac over windows for music ever since ASIO came out. Linux would actually be good for music if there was good software for it besides Bitwig. FL Studio works well in Wine though.

Cause they're pretentious faggots

PC FL MustardRace

Windows:
>buy audio interface
>go to manufacturer's website
>find the right model
>hope to God it's still there
>download appropriate drivers and software
>risk destroying the interface if you plug it in before the software is correctly installed
>the process of installation requires multiple reboots
>fuck with all kinds of settings until latency and audio quality are at acceptable levels
>even then, you might have a few bugs in which case it's impossible to contact the appropriate companies (and if you do, they probably won't fix anything)

Linux:
>download DAW
>if it's not Bitwig or LMMS, you'll probably just end up running every-fucking-thing through Wine, basically defeating the purpose of not using Windows in the first place
>something's always crashing, even on pretty powerful hardware
>glitches out the ass
>c o m p i l i n g

macOS:
>buy audio interface
>plug it in
>done
Easy choice.

>PC FL MustardRace

Fruity Loops is the musical equivalent of "Paint by numbers".

>risk destroying the interface if you plug it in before the software is correctly installed
Thats not even a thing. Unless you get some chink interface
>the process of installation requires multiple reboots
It's one driver. Zero reboots.
>fuck with all kinds of settings until latency and audio quality are at acceptable levels
This goes for every OS. My friend who I was collaborating with had to change his blocksize in Logic for MacOS to 64 because it defaulted to 8 for some dumb reason and everything stuttered until he changed it.

Nobody listen to this guy

>buy audio interface
You forgot this extra step:
>buy an overpriced piece of shit laptop for the OS alone

^this

I've got no problem with your winfaggotry. To each their own.
But when you start positioning yourself as being better than anyone for using fucking FL Studio, of all things, we've got problems.

Attached: my disgust.jpg (453x439, 85K)

CoreAudio is the best audio subsystem, period.
No drivers to fuck with, low latency, great application support.

Also, Logic is pretty great.
Fuck, even Garage Band, which you get for free, shits over most PC DAWs.

I've been doing computer music for 14 years and you're so wrong. I get it, though. FL gets a horrible wrap because it's the absolute easiest DAW to pirate, leaving it open to retards to get a hold of and make trash music with. But FL easily has the most intuitive user interface out of any DAW and its piano roll is sublime, better than anything out there. Making music on it is a breeze.

>its piano roll is sublime

>>He thinks he's pro using a software piano roll

Seriously dude?

Attached: windows updates in the middle of a show.jpg (700x933, 81K)

The piano roll is a cornerstone of a solid DAW and FL's is objectively the best. That's all I'm saying.

Attached: nine inch nails blue screen of death.jpg (1600x900, 123K)

>cant figure out how to turn off updates
Some musicians are computer illiterate, that's just how it is

To be fair, you can turn the switch that says "Update automatically" off AND set your connection as metered and sometimes it'll still update anyway.
Shouldn't a settings switch do what it says it does?

Do you even know anything about anything? I work on RHEL all day for work come home to a windows 10 machine and you are retarded to think either come close to how much better macs are for any kind of media work.

If you are angry at this thread your dad is ashamed of you for watching Japanese cartoons. Macs are great if you are more than a fat slob who dual boots arch and has failed 7 years in a row to learn python but posts in c# threads (and hates go) and now thinks they have the slightest bit of knowledge about anything. You are all following the anti-Mac cult. A hammer is better for some jobs than a toothbrush dummies.

- Sent from my iPhone

If you turn it off in gpedit.msc rather than trying to do it in control panel, it turns off updates permanently, at least for me. I've had my current laptop for almost 2 years now, not a single update

You shouldn't have to do that, though.
You should be able to go into the settings, flip the appropriate switch and fix your problems in a matter of seconds.

Windows is perfectly fine for media, that's why all the good industry standard software is made for win and os x. You're just a retard

Oh I agree. Windows is retarded and I would never defend actually using it, but I will defend the idea that it's somehow inferior or allegedly worse for media than poopy butt MacOS

Firstly, Hans does use macshit. Second, when you use macshit for audio production you're guaranteed two things: 1) no matter how obscure your hardware is, or how old, it will not only "just werk" with a mac, but it'll work with no driver issues, latency issues, or compatibility issues with any of your software. It may require a dongle (also pretty much guaranteed the more applel strips away ports), but it'll work and work well. These are extremely important when time literally IS money as artists aren't going to pay for the time your shit stops working and you have to dick around with log files in the command line (Linux) or reboot every damn thing and hope it doesn't happen again (windows) and they certainly aren't going to pay when their music comes out sounding WORSE because a synth, drum machine, or overdub/layered vocal track is off by a few ms. The money they're NOT losing on "technical issues" pretty much pays for the applel hardware. And 2) every piece of professional audio software that is worth a shit will have a mac version *and* work with your hardware. Sounds a lot like reiterating #1, but one is the hardware, two is the software. Not to mention, in an absolute pinch where you have nothing else available to you for whatever reason, you can actually use GarageBand for most things. It won't always sound as good, and it'll often take a little longer if you didn't get your start with GarageBand for you to break the habits of looking for everything in the least intuitive place possible, but GarageBand can often get the job done. Eventually.

>Literally using snsv gamer shit for music
>Not knowing how to disable or delay Windows updates
Okay, so basically just computer illiterate as fuck.

Windows ignores all settings like that when it comes to critical security updates.

Of all the incorrect things you wrote, this one wins. Fuck off with your shitty greentexts somewhere else.

A decade ago, Firewire, the default Mac port was more suitable for the external sound cards that "musicians" use. MacOS's Kernel is also more adept for Audio and the internal sound card on a Mac machine is miles better than any other system, no matter what.

These several factors lead to people using Macs for music production.

no it doesn't