Be honest, Jow Forums. How many of you run MacOS?

Be honest, Jow Forums. How many of you run MacOS?

Attached: lQGT6xM.jpg.png (1229x1160, 58K)

i use archlinux
btw i use archlinux

I don't. I'm a good girl :3

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

Windows XP masterrace.

i use archlinux
btw i use archlinux

I use it at work because I'm forced to. At home I use Debian stable. I'd choose a distro without systemd, but all the software I like depends on it unfortunately.

Attached: macfag audiophile.jpg (2048x1536, 725K)

I used to. Now it doesn't work with half my shit so I don't bother. Not as bad as OS as some people say but not that useful either. It also didn't get any valuable improvements over the last 5 years. In that time linux vastly improved and windows has fucked itself thrice over and they're still at a better position.

i use gentoo
install gentoo

i have told you this for several months, and i will tell you once more.

ahem

fuck off tranny

basado y redpilled

ngl im a macfag, though I do run LiGNUx on several machines, servers and a few thinkpads, and Windows on my timewaster machine.

i use a macbook pro 2018
iphone x
ipad mini 3(?)
apple music + itunes
airpods

not b8

ngl, being gay feelsgoodman

Attached: IMG_-69bqvm.jpg (731x730, 133K)

What do you think of MacOS, user? Also, thoughts on GNU/Linux?

Attached: 1547732007844.png (400x1650, 367K)

yea... i installed gentoo

Attached: chrome-os-60-app-launcher-2.png (1200x675, 684K)

>"technology"
i mean its gay technology and all, but what is the sperg who made this putting this in quotes for, its still technology

Attached: 1530928874586.jpg (245x206, 6K)

>What do you think of MacOS, user?
The UNIX-ish parts are outdated and taken from BSD, and all the stuff on top of it (e.g. the desktop environment) is made to look good rather than be efficient to use.

The hardware's quality is a very mixed bag. On the 2017 MacBook I use at work, the trackpad and screen are the best I've ever used. But then they completely fuck up the experience by removing the esc key for the sake of the touch bar. While using Aluminium for the body made the machine *feel* more robust, the effect is actually the opposite because it has no give. Louis Rossmann gives in-depth explanations of other hardware flaws.

>Also, thoughts on GNU/Linux?
Specifically what? I think a lot of things about it; I've been using it as my main OS for the past 6 years or so.

>The UNIX-ish parts are outdated and taken from BSD, and all the stuff on top of it (e.g. the desktop environment) is made to look good rather than be efficient to use.

The hardware's quality is a very mixed bag. On the 2017 MacBook I use at work, the trackpad and screen are the best I've ever used. But then they completely fuck up the experience by removing the esc key for the sake of the touch bar. While using Aluminium for the body made the machine *feel* more robust, the effect is actually the opposite because it has no give. Louis Rossmann gives in-depth explanations of other hardware flaws.

Yeah I would agree. I have watched LR too. I use a Macbook Pro 2018 for school, I use a keyboard protector and a low profile hardshell case. I have had zero issues with it so far, generally positive experience. Hopefully it doesn't meme me later on, if so I will switch to one of my many thinkpads.

>Specifically what? I think a lot of things about it; I've been using it as my main OS for the past 6 years or so.

Just in general, and in comparison to other OS's you have tried as your main. I personally have used it for about 5 years, now I use it to varying degrees on different machines.

You’ve had no issues with the keyboard?
I also use a 2018 MBP, I don’t eat around it, always baby it, still having issues with repeating.

I have had it since August, and I have had no issues. I was paranoid recently so I got a keyboard protector. I use a thickish silicone washable keyboard protector, not the UpperCase ultra-thin shit.

I do. My school provided the laptop

>girl

Same. GNOME is a good enough approximation of the macOS desktop for general purpose computers without the vendor lock-in.

Attached: 19F56258-7D4B-48AA-9D95-FD249B2CB80F.png (785x643, 160K)

girl (male)

It has it's own board, it's not for here.

Attached: 1538232174301.jpg (1439x2116, 794K)

I have a macbook pro for work
My job is managing Linux servers
AMA

How did you get your job?

i sucked a lot of cocks

>Windows 7
eww

I don't.
The only thing I'm ashamed of is using Windows on my laptop, but I'll do that until Linux DE's get fractional scaling support.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-06 16-01-26.png (748x430, 86K)

Managed Linux things as a hobby instead of studying
Dropped out of CompEng because I got an opportunity to work full time
I had some specific networking knowledge and Python programming skills
I started at 21, I'm the youngest by 10 years on a team of 3 other sysadmins

meant for , also this

I do. Just bought a used 2015 MBP with High Sierra, which will hopefully last me for a couple of years; generally, a MBP from the 2015 era is my go-to laptop coice at the moment

Kde neon is best

>anything other than Windows 7
get

>Jow Forums technology
>uses Windows
laughable

>128 GB
Just why

>Mint

Mac laptop
Windows / linux desktop

i have a macbook air from 2014 for school work and emulation. And for my needs its great to type on. Although im planning to switch to a Thinkpad soon cause the latest macbooks all suck donkey dick

desu, owner of the 15 inch Macbook Pro 2018.

it aint that bad, desu, just use a keyboard protector and a hardshell case. Otherwise you will have a good experience.

Or just wait till the summer, and hope they fix the butterfly keyboard dust meme

I have a 2017 nTB MacBook Pro, iPhone 8 Plus, Series 3 Apple Watch and an old iPad I use for listening to podcasts and shitposting on the toilet. I go outside, workout, have a girlfriend and I'm not an autistic morbidly obese NEET neckbeard piece of shit who hates Apple products and normies because they'll never be one. Deal with it, faggots. Also, Microsoft and Google can get fucked.

Not the guy you're talking to but I have a 2017 that I literally dust with a feather duster because I'm OCD as fuck. I do the same thing with all of my hardware. No issues yet. Oh and I don't eat around or abuse like some idiots

Look at the repeat settings and see if that helps.

>Google sheep accusing Apple of privacy issues

Oh that's a good one.

It's just like the Androfags claiming they're "power users" because they use a shitty spyware OS. Bless their autistic little hearts.

same, but im unironically a gay college student desu

what do you think of the Apple Watch? It looks like a total meme, maybe I might cop an old used one.

I would run it if it was freely available, at least for hobby purposes.

that is what being a pirate is for, user

Attached: DeBmp-kUQAMMIJE.jpg (250x190, 7K)

I still don't understand the gay thing with Apple. It's like when I hear people say that Miatas are gay. I just don't get it. Anyways, I really like it. It's very useful for little things like controlling audio in my car or asking Siri quick questions and quickly checking the weather or the time and date. But I'm a Jow Forums fag so I'm obsessed with the fitness features. It has almost every single workout setting you can think of, and the heart rate monitor is super accurate. So yeah I'd say it's worth it if you workout, but if not then it will only give you some slight conveniences.

>Jow Forums fag
Jow Forums is the gayest board on 4channel. You’re gay.

Nice projection faggot. You see, now I know you're a fat neckbeard faggot who doesn't respect his body. So you lash out at fit people because you're jealous and know that you're a waste of space who has given up on life. But you can change. I hope you change. Fitness literally saves lives. I love you user, I know you can do it. You won't regret it

Come on, are you really going to tell me it isn't that bad that I have to use a program to fix the primary input method on a $3000 laptop?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 4.27.08 PM.png (3360x2100, 950K)

that sucks user, but ive had mine for nearly a year and havent had an issue. Maybe when I encounter the issue I will sympathize, however I have plenty of $, so ill just get a new one/get it replaced prolly.

I have it on a 2014 rMPB. It's a piece of shit in the same way that windows has things about it that want to make you chew your own arms off, same as Linux. There isn't a perfect OS solution but due to the problems I've had with the hardware this will be the first and last Apple laptop I ever buy.
Been looking for a windows replacement laptop for over 6 months though and still can't find anything on the market that I would actually buy, so they also have a lot to answer for at the same time

OP here.

X1 Carbon?
XPS?
Huawei Matebook X?
Maybe an LG Gram?

Idk, just throwing out suggestions.

I'm too lazy to take it into the apple store.
It's still better than using Windows again, I'll admit, though seeing that I'm now at 1728 presses from 1725 is a bit annoying.

All have flaws, shitty screen panels, soldered everything, coil whine, overheating, 'known' hardware failures, not going to give any of these companies my money until they can produce something worthy. Closest I've got is Razer blade, but apparently have shitty customer service and overheating issues plus 1080p panel on a 2080 GPU, Dell XPS or Alienware which are overpriced as fuck, shitty customer service and hardware issues plus max a 1080p panel on a 2080 GPU with va a 9900K wtf, or Clevo/Sager where the hardware and screen is good but you have to walk around with half a ton of bricks in your backpack with a battery life of 30 mins..

both botnet, Apple claims privacy but cannot back up their claims as they employ nonfree software

I honestly can't suffer its UI and barely functional crippled shell with fraction of BSD userland included.

It’s the last bastion of people with no intelligent counterarguments

>talk shit about Apple
>praised regardless of the factual accuracy of your statements
>say that you personally dislike macOS's UX
>"autism neckbeard faggot freetard neckbeard poorfag autism"

>Jow Forums

Attached: rly make u thenk.gif (498x498, 617K)

Wow.Mac Users Are Definitely Gaysexual. You Owned Them By Implying There Sexual Ness Is Gay.

It's worse ~.~

Attached: 20190406_200939-01.jpg (4032x2268, 2.03M)

I've run it before I don't mind it.

I do.
I have it in a VM so that I can use iMessage from my android phone

I've never personally ran it. I've just seen people
and schools use it.

Does iOS count?

macOS is alright. It's perfectly usable, since it is Unix. The only OS I can't stand to see people use is Windows. It should be banned on sight.

The only apple product i ever owned is some earbuds i found, but they are dieing.

Running macOS on an late 2013 "27 inch iMac, combined with Win7 Ultimate 64bit with bootcamp.
Both OS's have their respective advantages and i wouldn't like to miss one of them.

What possible advantage does Wangblows have?

I never used wangblows. Only used Windows, a several Linux distros, macOS, BeOS and Solaris.

I do but I'm like 3 or so versions behind.

I own a macbook which I plan on selling. My main laptop is my arch thinkpad

Laptops became fucking trash tier built quality since some years ago.
I owned an 17 inch HP Pavilion ZD8000 and it was rocksolid built and you could actually change battery, update RAM, Exchange HDD and all that kind of stuff without beaking it.
When i looked at newer models to replace it, i just found the alternatives to be weak plastic shit memes. No mater what brand i looked at.

The only laptops appealing to me are Apples MacBooks, but they come with a hefty price tag and even their built quality has gotten worse since the last several years.

BTW, Thinkpads are shit tier garbage now. And they don't deserve a general thread on Jow Forums the slightest.

I do, because my school forces me to.

Why do you need to go to a school to learn how to take it up the ass?

Why do you need to leave plebbit for trollposting?

Hmmm.... What year did you drop out? Also how many years was your study plan?

>it's a mactoddler manchild thinks his manchild fruit toys belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1544859665530.jpg (2048x1536, 789K)

I won't lie.
I use MacOS.
Why? Because sleep is unrivaled.

t. wintoddler

>username is cut off
imagine going to the apple store to fire up textedit and take a photo because you are retarded to do a screenshot.
this is like that photo with the reflection of the overweight fedora /v/irgin making fun of kids. fucking hell.