github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Evaluating mpv's upscaling algorithms:
artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html

Attached: MPVPlayer.png (586x314, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-no-sub-auto
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-file-paths
artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screen
trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7174
github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua
gitlab.com/lvml/mpv-plugin-streamcache
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6405
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-ass-force-margins
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-margin-y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_grain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Updated 5.4.2019: Last time improving 16-0-4-1 and 56-16-4-1.

Artoriuz do your job

mpv is comfy

>the greatest media player
>can't even adjust subtitle size
truly the gteatest media player of all time

Attached: 1551220193993.gif (360x346, 170K)

>--sub-scale=

Is there any script to load all srt file on sub folder and let me select which one in player? Like script select resolution fot ytdl

VLCshill spotted, tryhard

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-no-sub-auto
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-file-paths

is it me or has cpu usage gone up in the last couple of weeks worth of commits

your imagination

hastebin.com/zocodoroyi.shell
Small correction to psnrhma that was posted here.

How does one 'shill' something that is both free and libre

Attached: 1481508531136.jpg (979x832, 232K)

>Evaluating mpv's upscaling algorithms:
>artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html
This comes to the same conclusion as what I did a couple months ago, unfortunately my system can't handle it without some framedrops.

Thanks fren

instead of spewing your mental diarrhea you could have just asked

Dead player.

Any way to disable OSD displaying the file name?

Attached: 1529204884649.png (329x63, 6K)

I love mpv

Still an improve, keep tryin user someday you would make us eat your baits.

>Dancer.webm

script-opts=osc-title=" "
:^|

You guys need to try out Potplayer and thank me later. The customizability is mind boggling.

potplayer tries to connect to the internet for no reason and without permission. south korean botnet

Tyvm. I don't suppose that whole playlist bar can be removed?

Via user configuration I don't think so. You'll need to hack 'osc.lua' for that sort of stuff.

>customizability

more like bloatware-ability

mpv is my new love

A woman that won't give up easily, but the chase is worth it. Not that I would know.

JEEB stop merging mac shit and merge stuff for real OSes.

Why the fucc can this shitty program manage default audio/sub language track preference like nothing but the same thing still exists in MPC-HC in 1.8.x and was marked as fixed in their bug tracker years ago???

coz you're probably too stupid to figure out basic settings, as your broken written engrish clearly shows.

Can you repeat the question?

How do I make mpv to always open on my second monitor by default?

What OS and if on Linux, what WM/DE are you using?

Try --screen or --geometry.

Windows

>Windows
kek

How the hell did you get it to work on Windows? I had like 5 different missing dll files.

ok thanks for the help faggots, didn't know even the mpv thread was this bad

You extract it and it just works.

>winbabby getting this butthurt
Someone gave you probably gave you the solution already.

Except when it doesn't.

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screen

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-123200_Firefox.jpg (1077x433, 102K)

If shinchiro or lachsors builds don't work for you then your OS install is borked. Because it works for everyone else with a proper install.

You need a sufficient IQ to extract it.

It's not that I don't believe you, but I've never seen it not work, nor have I heard of such a thing. I installed it on 3 other computers running Windows besides mine as well. I give it a 95% chance your install is at fault and not the program.

guise pls, the user you are replying to is clearly a faggot troll. I'm pretty sure I can setup a Win7 VM right now, update C/C++ runtimes and DX, and it'll work.
Quit the troll-feeding.

can I set an mpv window as always-on-top and borderless with input.conf?

you use mpv.conf for that

but I want to toggle when I need it

shift+t is the default binding for on-top. b cycle "border"
B set border no ; set ontop yes
alt+b cycle border ; cycle ontop Pick one or more that best suit your needs.

>alt+b cycle border ; cycle ontop

Attached: chu_chu.gif (400x225, 1.53M)

wtf is this mess about?

Did you cum from this?
Are they not self explanatory?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

multiple times at once
friendship over with ahk, user is my new papa

>Are they not self explanatory?
They are, my bad.

>update mpv/ffmpeg I compiled years ago
>suddenly all my video is corrupt
>after panicking, realize it can't be the video
>after an hour of searching, literally the only single mention of this I find is trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7174
>Regression since 08117a
Pic related, there's literally nothing wrong with the video, but as per the commit linked in the issue, ffmpeg now aborts x264 decoding if it doesn't match the "spec". And guess who committed this? Videolan, aka VLC devs, which explains why the same blocky decoding error also occurs in VLC.

Attached: ffmpeg H.264 decoding bug blocking_cut_00:00:00.876.png (1920x1040, 2.43M)

upload sample or gtfo.

If "all your video is corrupt" then there is something wrong on your end, that is not normal.

Attached: vlc.webm (1280x720, 997K)

A sample is linked in the ticket. This is probably never going to be reverted given a) commit is from 2017 but first bug report is from 2018 and no followups/other reports, and b) everyone just assuming their video is corrupted instead of investigating. Plus the commit fixes overflows, so a revert would have to address that.
Decoding error is:
>[ffmpeg/video] h264: Out of range weight is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
And "out of spec" is not going to be implemented obviously. Yet another patch I have to maintain myself
It's not actually corrupted, but decoding looks like it since ffmpeg aborts.

Attached: out.png (1280x532, 1010K)

>Yet another patch I have to maintain myself
Why are you even wasting your time on Jow Forums then? go to the relevant IRC channel and ask for advice with all your """evidence""", or, better yet, just quit the LARPing and go home.

> """evidence"""
No idea what you mean with this.
There's simply no point in contributing, nobody has ever accepted a patch or pull request I've made no matter how diligently I've formatted the issue. Fuck FOSS and fuck ffmpeg for breaking perfectly fine video because they're too retarded to handle overflows.

How do I use a script that points to another .conf file? Do I need another profile? The ffmpeg encode script in question: github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua

It should just be script-opts/encode_webm.conf in your mpv config directory.

is this plugin still necessary for a stream to not die in 10 minutes? gitlab.com/lvml/mpv-plugin-streamcache

It is, yet encode.lua won't apply changes from encode_webm.conf. Commands from input.conf work fine.

Maybe it's encode.conf and not encode_webm.conf.

Don't have any issues watching live streams from twitch/YT using shinchiro builds.
lachs0r's builds have crypto libs issue with both tho.

Nah. I should be clear, the script works fine. It's just that the settings from the encode_webm.conf are not applied.

didn't think about trying other builds. I'll try with shinchiro and see how it goes

Yeah I gathered that much. I just glanced at the script and I see that somehow it reads profiles and not just a config file (which is usually just "name-of-the-script.conf"). No idea how it really works though honestly. Try asking occivink in #mpv. He's usually around.

yes

Attached: q0gwoxirzqnz.jpg (640x602, 58K)

So I just got my hands on some display calibration hardware, Spyder3Elite, and calibrated my monitor, LG 34uc87m-B, with DisplayCAL and ArgyllCMS as the Spyder didn't come with its software license as it was second hand, and I have a few questions.

First off, I calibrated it to sRGB, and it took just over an hour to finish, its a little darker all around but after having it set up in Windows (DisplayCAL Profile Loader manages this for me) and using icc-profile="C:\Users\User\Dropbox\Tools\MPV\LG DisplayCAL Profile.icm"
in mpv.conf, movies, and specifically HDR movies, with these settings hdr-compute-peak=yes
tone-mapping=hable
tone-mapping-desaturate=0
they look great, black areas on a 16:9 video more closely match the pure black pillars from fullscreen on 21:9 and the colors do loot a little different but they do look "more correct" if I could describe it that way.

So here are my questions

1. Is 10-Bit with GeForce still exclusive to Dx11 Exclusive Fullscreen?
The profile information stated that the Video Card Gamma Table is 16-Bits
This whole topic doesn't have very clear answers even from Nvidia themselves as 10-Bit for the desktop environment has been a Quadro exclusive feature for Nvidia, but it works on GeForce cards fine in Dx11 Exlusive Fullscreen mode, if you have the equipment you can test it your self with MadVR and some test images, I have and I can confirm it works that way with my GTX 980 and DisplayPort 1.2

2. Are there any other settings I should worry about in mpv.conf in relation to display calibration and ICC/ICM profiles that are not in the first section?

3. Should I be worried about icc-3dlut-size or icc-intent at all? Do they even make a noticeable difference if not set in relation to the configured ICC profile?

4. Can the measured Luminance in any way help with HDR video processing with config settings?

Any information would be helpful

>shinchiro
apparently it was an issue with the previous windows build. this build streamed without interruptions for 2 hours

>github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6405

Here you have an extense debate about hdr shit, don't sure if it helps but take a look at it.

mpv - the Jow Forumsreatest media player

>based

Is there a way to disable all of the default keybinds and make it use only the ones that I assigned?

Hmmmmm, maybe:
no-input-default-bindings

Yeah I got it, thanks tho...

Is there a way to make it so mpv can automatically change my monitor's refresh rate so it coincides with the video's refresh rate like madvr?

igv is pretty fucking competitive isn't he

he's my boy u better dont touch him user

vlc rocks

how put subtitles in black bars on bottom rather than on video? say video is 21:9 but in fullscreen display is 16:9

Attached: tv.jpg (360x240, 21K)

sub-ass-force-margins=yes
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-ass-force-margins

well fuck that won't work for bluray subs unless the ripper did something magical to it right? like extract then change to ass

Why not update?

is there any reason to switch from gnome mpv to the original mpv? (performance-wise)

You can try this

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-margin-y

Attached: y.png (1485x273, 46K)

Post your configs so I can mindlessly copy it

Attached: CIqzt9oUAAEZKue.jpg (1200x800, 226K)

gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va
profile=gpu-hq
alang=eng,en
slang=eng,en
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-ass-force-margins=yes
embeddedfonts=no
priority=high
cursor-autohide=200
force-window=immediate

[protocol.https]
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Blu-ray subs are image subs so I can't imagine that would work.

so i downloaded a UHD HDR Matrix bdrip
this isnt normal is it? i thought it may have been a setting or something but i tried with no-config and various types of deband and hwdec/no hwdec and such, and it's still grainy as hell
it's gotta be source right? or was the matrix this crappy to begin with?

Attached: screen-The Matrix.1999.4K.HDR.2160p.BDRip Ita Eng x265-NAHOM_2019-04-06-00:39:35.jpg (3840x1600, 1.54M)

>1999 live-action film
almost guarantee it was shot on film, and yes film transfers do look that grainy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_grain

profile=gpu-hq
glsl-shader="~~/KrigBilateral.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
osc=no

$ mpv -show-profile=gpu-hq
Profile gpu-hq:
scale=spline36
cscale=spline36
dscale=mitchell
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes